Syrian army retakes full control of Aleppo

webfact

Syrian army retakes full control of Aleppo

606x341_353113.jpg

ALEPPO: -- The Syrian army said on Thursday it had retaken full control of Aleppo after evacuating the last rebel fighters from the city.

It’s President Bashar al-Assad’s biggest victory in the more than five-year civil war.

A spokesman for the Syrian armed forces declared the “return of security and safety” to the city. “This victory is a turning point in the war against terror,” he said.

The last group of rebels and their families were evacuated from east Aleppo earlier on Thursday, as part of a ceasefire deal brokered by Turkey and Russia.

At least 34,000 civilians and fighters have been bussed out of the city this week alone.

Thousands were taken to Idlib. UN Special Envoy for Syria Staffan de Mistura has warned the rebel stronghold could suffer the same bloody fate as Aleppo. He said the immediate priority was a cessation of hostilities in Syria.

Assad has said the war is far from over and that his armed forces would march on other rebel-held areas.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-12-23

Great news, and make no mistake this has everything to do with Trumps election win. Without the continual interference of allied superpowers and their insane policy of arming so called moderates, the rightful Syrian ruler has cemented his control over Aleppo in short order. Now we just need to send all the Aleppans back to rebuild, repopulate and carry on with life, hopefully fat after a few years on Cameron and Merkels welfare they will return home with productive skill-sets and without the hateful ideology that caused all this havoc in the 1st place(but i'm not holding my breath).

1 hour ago, jaidam said:

Great news, and make no mistake this has everything to do with Trumps election win. Without the continual interference of allied superpowers and their insane policy of arming so called moderates, the rightful Syrian ruler has cemented his control over Aleppo in short order. Now we just need to send all the Aleppans back to rebuild, repopulate and carry on with life, hopefully fat after a few years on Cameron and Merkels welfare they will return home with productive skill-sets and without the hateful ideology that caused all this havoc in the 1st place(but i'm not holding my breath).

Would be interested to see substantiation of your claim regards Trump.

In case it passed you by, Assad is not the 'rightful ruler' of Syria, he's a brutal dictator representing a small minority. Given your correct repulsion for Islamist terrorism, educate yourself on Assad's support over the years and export of Islamic terrorism. Lastly I suggest you have extremely limited factual knowledge on which factions are currently being supported by Western countries. To bring yourself up-to-date, as an example, do a  search on David Kilcullen's reporting e.g.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/inquirer/islamic-state-kurdish-battle-for-raqqa-key-to-syrias-fate/news-story/5662bd6c519439ff439b76262851018a?nk=e58d10d3803fce6a880863603cac5bb9-1482455326

34 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Would be interested to see substantiation of your claim regards Trump.

In case it passed you by, Assad is not the 'rightful ruler' of Syria, he's a brutal dictator representing a small minority. Given your correct repulsion for Islamist terrorism, educate yourself on Assad's support over the years and export of Islamic terrorism. Lastly I suggest you have extremely limited factual knowledge on which factions are currently being supported by Western countries. To bring yourself up-to-date, as an example, do a  search on David Kilcullen's reporting e.g.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/inquirer/islamic-state-kurdish-battle-for-raqqa-key-to-syrias-fate/news-story/5662bd6c519439ff439b76262851018a?nk=e58d10d3803fce6a880863603cac5bb9-1482455326

The Prince of Darkness (Mordoch) paywall strikes again! Can't read the article simple1, more's the pity as I read everything I can find that David Kilcullen authors.

Haven't come across anyone else with such a grasp of Middle East politics, the man's a genius.

6 minutes ago, NumbNut said:

The Prince of Darkness (Mordoch) paywall strikes again! Can't read the article simple1, more's the pity as I read everything I can find that David Kilcullen authors.

Haven't come across anyone else with such a grasp of Middle East politics, the man's a genius.

Sent you a PM with the text of the article

Simple 1, wrong information. Assad is the rightful ruler of Syria, elected in 2000 and 2007 by a vast majority, (wikipedia, easy to consult), but not a friend of US. That's the problem, as many observers are recently aware of. The EU is changing its policy toward the Middle East, a logical and intelligent move. Sorry to disappoint you in your dreaming ... 

This Syrian dictator  has  already  had  his  military  kill  a  lot  of  his  own  people

and  start  this  civil war before  ISIL  came  north from  Iraq.  He  may  be  as

some  say, rightful,  but  he  is  still  a  war  criminal  who  deserves  the

death penalty  at  the  end  of  this   war.   I  am   disturbed  at the  lack  of

memory  in some   people.  Putin  has  blood  on  his  hands   now  for

helping  Assad,  Iran scum  and  the  others who  are still fighting  for

the  Assad  Syria.

Geezer

5 hours ago, jaidam said:

Wow.  What a stretch!  Best one I've seen in months! LOL

What's left of Aleppo? When does the reconstruction process begin?  Until then, these people people's lives are still hell.  Great job Putin and Assad. 

2 hours ago, dandythai said:

Simple 1, wrong information. Assad is the rightful ruler of Syria, elected in 2000 and 2007 by a vast majority, (wikipedia, easy to consult), but not a friend of US. That's the problem, as many observers are recently aware of. The EU is changing its policy toward the Middle East, a logical and intelligent move. Sorry to disappoint you in your dreaming ... 

And Kim Jong-il is the rightful ruler of North Korea.  With 99% of the votes.  Right....

It has nothing to do with the US, and everything to do with what's legal.  The last election in Syria wasn't a real election.  Thus, many say Assad is not the leader of Syria.  Another question is what is Syria now?  He's not in control of a big part of the country.  A real mess.

2 hours ago, dandythai said:

Considering Assad's dictatorship represents around 20% of the population you may like to explain how in the midst of a vicious civil war he obtained 10.3 million votes representing 88.7% of voters in 2014. In other words the latest election in 2014 was a sham as were the others.

Under Syrian law Assad's party is guaranteed 50% of parliamentary seats so he will be 'elected" no matter what the electors desire. Plus you have to remember anyone expressing opposition to Assad was/is detained and more often than not tortured, with thousands executed in his prisons, including children. So go ahead tell us all about Assad being the popularly elected 'rightful' ruler of Syria, but before you do have a read of the content at the URL below.

But the truth is that, like all previous elections under the Assad family’s control, the 2014 “elections” and Assad’s “victory” were rigged and illegitimate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anonymous-2/assads-sham-election_b_9611636.html

Archived