Tramadol: Soldier and health authorities raid pharmacy in Ramkhamhaeng

rooster59

Tramadol: Soldier and health authorities raid pharmacy in Ramkhamhaeng

aHR0cDovL3BlMi5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQyOC8yMTQxNDM4Lzc1MjI4NC0wMS5qcGc=.jpg
Image: Sanook

A raiding party of military men and public health officials raided a pharmacy in Ramkhamhaeng Friday. they said the pharmacy was distributing the painkiller illegally.

A sting was set up to order 30 tablets with cough mixture and when these were handed over the staff were arrested. The shop selling the medicine is in Soi 24 behind the university.

Youth have been using the drug mixed with liquid cough mixture to get high. Its sale is restricted to the over 18s and only 20 tablets can be sold at any one time. It can only be prescribed by qualified pharmacists.

The shop in question did not have a qualified pharmacist on duty and was charged with violating the law.

The drug - known in Thai for its yellow and green capsule - has been much in the news this week after many reports online about its abuse by teens and young people.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-24

Thai pharmacies are a form of drug dealer,they are mostly un qualified and use the power of Google to find what you are looking for.they will push you to have at least 2 different medications.tramadol are a strong opiat based pain killer that will have long lasting effects on users if not controlled.being able to buy 20 in one shop then 20 in the next shop don't control nothing.oh I forgot,TIT...

8 hours ago, The man from udon said:

tramadol are a strong opiat based pain killer

i would suggest that tramadol is not a strong opiate or a strong pain killer.  one of the strongest opiates is fenatyl, which has been described as 50 times more powerful than morphine.  in between those you have stuff like oxycontin, percocet, hydrocodone (generic name of vicodin).  codeine is probably weaker than tramadol.  i'm not a doctor but i know people that are addicted and i know what they like.  dilaudid is another one with some real power.  there was a movie, drugstore cowboy, and the addicts in the movie raided a pharmacy and their 'prize' was liquid dilaudid.  tramadol might seem strong compared to paracetamol but it is nothing compared to the vast majority of the opiate pill market.

7 hours ago, Chip Allen said:

Merely the latest example of Thai hysteria. Meanwhile, sufferers of chronic pain must use inferior NSAID painkillers such as ibuprofen. Nearly worthless.

What are you talking about. You can easily get Tramadol.  Specially if you go to a doctor.  I buy them when I get a kidney stone, I dont see a doctor and I can buy them at just about any pharmacy.

Tramadol is not a particularly strong opiate unless you take many capsules.   Limiting the number of capsules sold will deter kids from getting high all of the time.  I suspect that pharmacists will sell a greater number of capsules to regular customers whom they know have a legitimate medical condition.   Let's be clear - taking five Tramadol caps and driving would not be safe. Your sense of balance and situational awareness would be significantly impaired.

17 hours ago, buick said:

i would suggest that tramadol is not a strong opiate or a strong pain killer.  one of the strongest opiates is fenatyl, which has been described as 50 times more powerful than morphine.  in between those you have stuff like oxycontin, percocet, hydrocodone (generic name of vicodin).  codeine is probably weaker than tramadol.  i'm not a doctor but i know people that are addicted and i know what they like.  dilaudid is another one with some real power.  there was a movie, drugstore cowboy, and the addicts in the movie raided a pharmacy and their 'prize' was liquid dilaudid.  tramadol might seem strong compared to paracetamol but it is nothing compared to the vast majority of the opiate pill market.

drug store cowboy featuring my mentor mr burroughs :)

I'm surprised it been available OTC in LOS for so long. I don't care what others say here, it is an addictive opiate. I know because I was addicted to the shit for close on 10 years and did 2 detoxes to get off it. My withdrawals were no different at all to the withdrawals I witnessed close friends who were shooting smack back in the 1970s go through....leg spasms, insomnia, nausea, bone aches, chills & shivers. All the same. Someone just mentioned Mr. Burroughs. Well, as Mr Burroughs once said about opiates - it doesn't matter if you snort it, shoot it, digest it. Junk is junk, and the end result (addiction) is all the same.

On 24/12/2016 at 3:04 PM, Deli said:

I love Thailand for the relaxed pharmacy rules, back in Europe in the meantime you need 3 prescription for Aspirine, totally nuts.

I know, it's not like this but also not too far away.

Jeepers aspiring is on the shelves at Walmart and Shoppers in Canada. How many do you want...500...1000 tabs at 350mg not like the baby stuff they sell here around 67mg. I asked the girl at the pharmacy if she could gets some 350mg and said yes but i still got plenty left I brought over here but good to know.

4 hours ago, TSF said:

I'm surprised it been available OTC in LOS for so long. I don't care what others say here, it is an addictive opiate. I know because I was addicted to the shit for close on 10 years and did 2 detoxes to get off it. My withdrawals were no different at all to the withdrawals I witnessed close friends who were shooting smack back in the 1970s go through....leg spasms, insomnia, nausea, bone aches, chills & shivers. All the same. Someone just mentioned Mr. Burroughs. Well, as Mr Burroughs once said about opiates - it doesn't matter if you snort it, shoot it, digest it. Junk is junk, and the end result (addiction) is all the same.

You should read Keith Richard's book Life...the withdraw he went through...unbelievable. wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

On 12/25/2016 at 2:03 PM, TSF said:

Way over the top... not doubting your experience but it is not the general experience. I've taken it for over 5 years for chronic pain. Some days if the pain is low I have forgotten to take it at all. Periodically I'll  go for a week without taking it. If I am physically active awareness of pain is pushed into the background.  Any addiction for Tramadol for me is simply habit ie psychological and mild at that. Such an extreme case of physical withdrawal like your's is rare....

Wow you have an addictive personality. Getting off just involves hitting the piss for a week but you probably turn into an alcoholic. Not attacking you I'm just saying not everyone gets hooked if not abusing it in the first place

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk