Another nightmare of "quality mechanics" in LOS...

lostinisaan

2 hours ago, Aggressive said:

Nothing wrong with this if using solid core wire and pliers to twist the wire together. Just as tight as a wire nut. Of course you don't want a connection to be flopping around open to the world. They burnout because there is too much resistance creating a hot spot. Thats just bad technique. 

Agreed there are way better and easier ways to connect wire than tape, but its perfectly fine with common sense. I never use tape with wire nuts but they should be in an enclosure, not open. 

Thai electrical practice is very shoddy. Dangerous too. 

Yes, and if you solder them together when they are live you get connected better.

7 hours ago, JAS21 said:

I didnt think the ceiling rose being live when the light is off is that unusual. Pull the fuse' before you fiddle up there ...

It does not help either. I rent a house some years ago and an "engineer" came to reinstall the meter. He obviously switched live and neutral at the meter with the result that _all_ fuses were on neutral and the live was always hot.

I could have killed him :post-4641-1156693976:

5 hours ago, mettech said:

I understand that we are in Thailand and there is no need to fix a car because from what i am seeing daily on the news they sure know the way to destroy their vehicle old or new.

All the vehicles here are very expensive and no wonder there is many repair shop but a few qualified mechanics.

So my best guess if any further with repair problem any of us should go to dealership and get it fix this is what i have done not long ago and got the car fixed at a good rate of 500 tbh/hour plus the parts it all worked good by the way it was MAZDA.in Buriram.

I was at the dealership at Mitsubishi Sisaket. The body shop did that to my truck. 

Was it a new pickup that took 18 months to repair? Surely it would have been cheaper for the insurance company to just pay out insured value. I'm not sure I'd feel particularly safe driving the truck after you've already found so much dodgy work. What's hidden?

Archived