Airpods

anotheruser

So I picked up some Airpods they are 6,900 Baht which is a little steep but what tech isn't steep in Thailand?  They are a very nice piece of kit. There will be the usual detractors but there is nobody saying you need them. Having a beer and leaving you phone in the room while you go to take a leak is priceless. 

Wasn't a fan of the Siri controls until you realize you could be out mowing the lawn and adjust volume, track, artist that way. It makes Siri a sensible option compared to just adjust volume or skip track. 

They charge very quickly, they pair very easily. It is probably one of the better Apple products of late although they are limited by battery technology. The pill box case brings the goodness in regards to charging. The sound is a bit better than the headphones Apple bundles in with the iPhone, the range is terrific. If your iPhone is with in 40 meters you can change volume and artists.

If you are on the subway or out just use your iPhone for controls. Very impressed with this product, especially for a rev a release. They are very convinient if you have full hands and want to control your phone from the other room. They are pretty affordable for an Apple product. Over all I am pretty happy with mine YMMV.

Screen Shot 2016-12-25 at 12.58.12 AM.png

Here is a water and drop test. They are not officially water proof. One good point in the video as to why they are white is that is useful should you drop one. They won't fall out of your ears but would most likely drop out of your hands while putting them in or putting them away. The case eliminates most of these worries.

I would rather go for cable than more and more radio frequency circulating around me and my brain. 

IPhones already top the list of all smartphones with the highest frequency output, which is so damaging, they pay researchers to shut up about it. 

I couldnt wear any of ones they supplied with my now 4th iPhone, they slowly pull out and often enough fall out, sound quality isn't there either, glad you think there uped the quality though i doubt it some how, for me if the supplied ones gave me issues no dout these would too, i will stick to normal headphones they dont fall off and the sound is a hell of a lot better since i am prepared too spend, the last pair of headphones i brought were 10,000B..

Sooner or later, they're going to fall out of your ears, laws of physics. 

Not even having any kind of tether between the pods to prevent them from dropping to the ground is one of the most short sighted and dumb things Apple has come up with to date. No, I won't be buying them.

They truly do not fall out of your ears. Anybody experiencing this from the wired sets it is because the wires yank them out. The real news about these is the W1 chip that everybody is raving about.

I would say they are only worth buying if you have Apple stuff already. If you don't have gear that takes advantage of the W1 chip you there are many other options that do the same thing. I looked at other reviews and the consensus seems to be that over all Bluetooth isn't there yet for audio quality in any headset out there if you are an audiophile.  

Anyway I am just letting people know they are out in Thailand. If you don't want them, I don't get paid to change your mind. They are getting over all positive reviews so far. They certainly are sparking debate online. Seems you either love them or hate them.

They are so easy to spot that in the coming year you are going to be able to tell they have sold hundreds of millions of these things. The funny thing about them is the way they look doesn't effect the person wearing them. So they can only annoy those that don't have a set. lol

One cool thing I found out on the airplane today is if you take one out of your ear not only does it pause the sound but also the entire video. This is very convenient when you need to interact to talk with an air steward for example.

Siri won't work with out wifi so I just used the iPad controls on the flight. Though with the way these things work it is is hardly an issue.

Obviously some flights have wifi and it is allowed. I am a poor bastard and unfortunately flew Air Asia. You will be able to leave your iPad at your seat and listen to your iPad when you sit on the toilet of the aircraft but won't be able to change tracks.

These are your go to head phones and most people that are seriously into audio would have a pair of something else. These are the default headset and will most likely outsell any others in the same class or price range for the foreseeable future.

This is just my opinion after a few days using them.

One cool thing I found out on the airplane today is if you take one out of your ear not only does it pause the sound but also the entire video. This is very convenient when you need to interact to talk with an air steward for example.

Siri won't work with out wifi so I just used the iPad controls on the flight. Though with the way these things work it is is hardly an issue.

Obviously some flights have wifi and it is allowed. I am a poor bastard and unfortunately flew Air Asia. You will be able to leave your iPad at your seat and listen to your iPad when you sit on the toilet of the aircraft but won't be able to change tracks.

These are your go to head phones and most people that are seriously into audio would have a pair of something else. These are the default headset and will most likely outsell any others in the same class or price range for the foreseeable future.

This is just my opinion after a few days using them.

You're tempting me into trying a set of these for my idevices.

My Bluetooth wireless headphones that I currently have don't sync very well with video content, there is a slight delay. This means I tend to use my regular wired ear pods more, which I do find more comfortable than most other in-ear plugs and I use them every day.

Do you notice any delay on video content with the air pods?

35 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

You're tempting me into trying a set of these for my idevices.

My Bluetooth wireless headphones that I currently have don't sync very well with video content, there is a slight delay. This means I tend to use my regular wired ear pods more, which I do find more comfortable than most other in-ear plugs and I use them every day.

Do you notice any delay on video content with the air pods?

They are comfortable, you almost forget they are in your ears after you wear them the first time. anybody who says they will fall out simply doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.

There is no delay at all on videos. If it is easy syncing you want these are by all accounts the best there is. The battery case is nice and shows you how much battery is left in each pod as well as what's in the case. It does that on any device they are hooked to. The case seems to bring up the lower battery first so that your pods are always equal. 

They charge very fast and so does the case. Unless you are going to listen to music 5 hours straight with no break you won't run out of battery. I listened to  them nearly the whole time in the airport and on the plane yesterday. I found the couple of times I did take them off to do something else was enough to bring the charge back to a level I was never at risk of draining them.

Using Siri for volume and changing tracks is weird at first. I understand why they used siri for this as you have your phone to use for volume if you are close. If the phone is in the other room you can make calls, switch artists and raise lower the volume with Siri. So because they did it that way you will never need to pick up your phone or iPad ever again around the house when you play music. Range is at least 40 meters.

In a future update I would like to see them add a new profile where you can change the double tap to volume. You can already change it from Siri to pause/play but I would like it to do volume or have more customizations. Subway mode/ house mode something like that.

The tap takes some getting used to. Sometimes you bang on them too hard and other times not enough. After a little practice it is easier. I thought about holding off as Bluetooth 5 was just announced but given the range on these I can't imagine needing more than 40 or 50 meters. Those are line of view estimates if you turn corners forget about it. 

Good product, probably one of the better products out of Apple these days. Sorry that was so long but as you can probably tell I like these things.

On 12/25/2016 at 4:10 PM, anotheruser said:

They truly do not fall out of your ears. Anybody experiencing this from the wired sets it is because the wires yank them out. The real news about these is the W1 chip that everybody is raving about.

Not everybody's ears are physically the same.  The only thing certain is the Airpods don't fall out of *your* ears.  I cannot even get the standard wired Apple buds to rest in my ears.  They fall right out.  Without moving the wire.

On 25/12/2016 at 4:10 PM, anotheruser said:

I would say they are only worth buying if you have Apple stuff already. If you don't have gear that takes advantage of the W1 chip you there are many other options that do the same thing. I looked at other reviews and the consensus seems to be that over all Bluetooth isn't there yet for audio quality in any headset out there if you are an audiophile.  

Anyway I am just letting people know they are out in Thailand. If you don't want them, I don't get paid to change your mind. They are getting over all positive reviews so far. They certainly are sparking debate online. Seems you either love them or hate them.

They are so easy to spot that in the coming year you are going to be able to tell they have sold hundreds of millions of these things. The funny thing about them is the way they look doesn't effect the person wearing them. So they can only annoy those that don't have a set. lol

<<They truly do not fall out of your ears.>>

No, of course they won't, keep telling yourself that. 

My concern with them is how well they will stay in if doing anything active like cycling or jogging.  Quite fancy a set of these with all the ease of use aspects but not if I have to buy another set to use for activities.  I've seen a couple of review sites say they're fine for gym / running.  Never to sure how unbiased the review sites are though.  I'll likely keep an eye on the forums for 'real use' feedback for a while first.

3 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Not everybody's ears are physically the same.  The only thing certain is the Airpods don't fall out of *your* ears.  I cannot even get the standard wired Apple buds to rest in my ears.  They fall right out.  Without moving the wire.

I agree it isn't a problem unique to Apple however.

2Q==.jpg

3 hours ago, SooKee said:

My concern with them is how well they will stay in if doing anything active like cycling or jogging.  Quite fancy a set of these with all the ease of use aspects but not if I have to buy another set to use for activities.  I've seen a couple of review sites say they're fine for gym / running.  Never to sure how unbiased the review sites are though.  I'll likely keep an eye on the forums for 'real use' feedback for a while first.

They don't fall out. You might lose them however, the entire tech world is trying to invent forcefields to prevent that.

I quite often find it'd be convenient to wear headphones but rarely do because it the hassle of the wires and unraveling them then the wire always managing to catch on something or just get in the way. Given the things like auto pairing with multiple devices and the charging box these just look more convenient than the others I was looking at for not too much more money. I'm relatively sure they won't fall out under normal use but running? Hope not. That'll seal it.

Sent using Tapatalk

On 12/25/2016 at 4:10 PM, anotheruser said:

Anyway I am just letting people know they are out in Thailand. If you don't want them, I don't get paid to change your mind. They are getting over all positive reviews so far.

Where in Thailand did you find them?  Did they have more?

My Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless Bluetooth headphones have amazing sound - far better than I ever actually thought was possible via Bluetooth.  But I don't want to wear them during a workout for obvious reasons, and Airpods pulling podcasts from my Apple Watch 2 (available at iStudio, True shops, and AIS shops, maybe more) might be suitable for gym use.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, disambiguated said:

Until someone steals your iPad.

Not smart.

LOL. Generally I would do that if I have a friend sitting next to me or ask the person next to me if they could watch the iPad. These days even Thai hookers know if it is locked to an iCloud account you can do nothing with it. Imagine the surprise when we land and I turn my cellular data on and use "find my iPad" 

You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed but you are a tool nonetheless.

Not too bright.

17 hours ago, SooKee said:

Well I have real experience and been pretty active on holiday in Bali. They do not fall out if they fit right. Just googles "Airpods fall out when running" And the results all were about earpods. No news is good news. Funny how people didn't scream about pods falling out when Braggi, jaybird or Bose made them. lol 

There is no cord to pull them out, Next time you use the regular Apple earphones pay attention to when they come loose. It will always be when the cord was pulled. 

Anyway I am the only one on this site that seems to actually have a pair if you want more feedback go to Macrumors and you will find a million people that have them all saying the same thing. 

You won't be able to try demos in a store for obvious sanitary reasons so you have to sort of base your judgement about how the original Apple headphones fit you. Reviews won't help because everybody has different ears. If they fit right running, cycling, jogging etc won't matter you can not shake them out of your head.

That said they are not advertised as sport sets. You may be better off with something from Beats if you have concerns. If you want ones you can swim with the Braggi dash look pretty sweet. waterproof and 4GB of storage so you can listen to music while you swim. They are $300 or more though.

I bought them as I thought it would be improvement in Technology but soon found they are just a gimmick and nowhere near as good as wired phones eg. beats or boss. Having to keep then charged and way overpriced just a poor option for the serious sound buff I'd give them 3 out of ten at best.

The rechargeable batteries must be tiny; how many charge cycles will they take before they need replacing, obviously an issue with any cordless earphones I suppose,  I must admit that earphone cables do get on my nerves, but still have reservations about these AirPods having some extra terrestrial technology that keeps them from ever falling out of my ears. I might look into alternative Bluetooth headphones, any recommendations?