Airpods

anotheruser

11 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

[...]

but still have reservations about these AirPods having some extra terrestrial technology that keeps them from ever falling out of my ears.

Just have some neodymium magnets glued into your ears.

Then again, maybe not.  My iPad gets covered in those annoying satang coins whenever they come close.

On 12/28/2016 at 2:28 PM, anotheruser said:

even Thai hookers know if it is locked to an iCloud account you can do nothing with it. Imagine the surprise when we land and I turn my cellular data on and use "find my iPad" 

Even Thai hookers know that most people don't enable 'Find My iPad', know to turn the iPad off immediately so that even if 'Find My iPad' is enabled it can't be found, and know that even if it's account-locked, it can be sold for spare parts to repair shops - much as stolen automobiles are sold by thieves to chop-shops.

And even Thai hookers know that irrespective of whether the thieves can get at your data, you're out of an iPad in that scenario.  They also know that asking a stranger- assuming you're sitting next to someone - to watch your valuable personal belongings is incredibly naive.

Edited by disambiguated

On 25/12/2016 at 3:57 AM, A1Str8 said:

I would rather go for cable than more and more radio frequency circulating around me and my brain. 

IPhones already top the list of all smartphones with the highest frequency output, which is so damaging, they pay researchers to shut up about it. 

If you are worried about RF from mobile phones, think again.

A phone can emit up to 2 watts of radiation when in use. Use of a wired headset can capture some of the radiation emitted from the antenna, and direct it up the wire and through the ear at the brain. For this reason, use of a wired headset can result in greater radiation exposure than use of no headset at all.

Bluetooth operates at .001 watts, which of course is 2000 times less than what your phone or wired ear pods are emitting.

So iPhones have the "highest frequency output"? What does that mean?

Not everybody's ears are physically the same.  The only thing certain is the Airpods don't fall out of *your* ears.  I cannot even get the standard wired Apple buds to rest in my ears.  They fall right out.  Without moving the wire.

I have the same problem with virtually ALL earbud products, including Apple. Sitting perfectly still, they almost immediately fall out.

The only ones I can wear, that don't fall out, are the ugly things that hook over your ear.

It's just the bad luck of our individual ear design.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 1/1/2017 at 9:00 AM, Fookhaht said:

I have the same problem with virtually ALL earbud products, including Apple. Sitting perfectly still, they almost immediately fall out.

The only ones I can wear, that don't fall out, are the ugly things that hook over your ear.

Beats sell some with the W1 chip and the over the ear hooks. They have a wire between them though.

On 1/1/2017 at 9:00 AM, Fookhaht said:

I use a  Bluetooth headset (Jabra Rox) that connects the ear buds behind your neck with a cord.  The nice thing (for me, and maybe you, Fookhaht?) is that they include several sizes of rubber "wings" that fit around the bud and hold it securely in your outer ear.  Hard to describe, but it works well, and is not uncomfortable.  

• 1 month later...

I'm using the Plantronics BackBeat Fit, sturdy rubber cord that connects the two headphones.  they were about 4500.  Charge is around 8 hours, takes about 45 minutes to charge them fully from empty.  I'll eventually get the airpods too, I have a friend here that loves his.....but all sold out forever I guess!  Plantronics BB are great for sport, in the gym, etc...pretty good sound, comparable to the iphone wired buds.  and the controls work great - can control tracks, volume, and they have a microphone and are easy to answer the phone, use Siri, etc.  

backbeat-fit-black-core.png

2 hours ago, SooKee said:

Might look at those.  I like the airpods but I will likely only use them for running and I'm not convinced they won't fall out.  Maybe they won't, but I'm reluctant to shell out 7,000 baht to find out that they do.

I can understand that but from everything I have read plus account from a friend here that played rough and tough volleyball with them in, they don't fall out.

Yeah. I've been doing a bit of research on this issue, thought I'd wait until they'd been out a couple of months to get some RL use vs the tech journal journalist drivel. There's even a couple of vids on YouTube that seem to confirm they are pretty stable even when running / exercising from folks doing some pretty robust testing.

Posted using Tapatalk

On 2/24/2017 at 1:01 PM, tominbkk said:

I'm using the Plantronics BackBeat Fit, sturdy rubber cord that connects the two headphones.  they were about 4500.  Charge is around 8 hours, takes about 45 minutes to charge them fully from empty.  I'll eventually get the airpods too, I have a friend here that loves his.....but all sold out forever I guess!  Plantronics BB are great for sport, in the gym, etc...pretty good sound, comparable to the iphone wired buds.  and the controls work great - can control tracks, volume, and they have a microphone and are easy to answer the phone, use Siri, etc.  

backbeat-fit-black-core.png

On 2/24/2017 at 1:10 PM, SooKee said:

Might look at those.  I like the airpods but I will likely only use them for running and I'm not convinced they won't fall out.  Maybe they won't, but I'm reluctant to shell out 7,000 baht to find out that they do.

Also take a look at Jabra Rox wireless earbuds.  They have detachable rubber "wings" that hold them very securely in your ear.  I bought mine at an Apple Store in Pattaya for about B3500, but I know I've seen them in other stores, too.

[edited to add photo:]

a.gif

Edited by wpcoe

Saw this at MBK yesterday. 790 baht. May provide a bit more peace of mind for those who buy these and find they're not as secure as they'd like. Gives you the option of using the AirPods totally wire free or joined together like many other Bluetooth sets. cb5771228f45b652539327fe7e0e62d4.jpg

Posted using Tapatalk