Trump says he will dissolve foundation amid NY investigation

rooster59

29 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Yeah, I like the fact that it was Melania that actually got the final bid of $10,000 but the auctioneer asked to go higher so the final price paid was $20,000 but wait, it wasn't actually paid by Melania but by Trump Foundation (of which she is not an officer). So a painting of Mr Ego was paid for by his foundation and is currently placed at one of his golf courses. Sure, seems legit to...um, no one.

Would this make Melania party to a crime? She certainly had no business bidding with money that she had no legal right to. I don't know what the laws of NY State say about this.

Just now, Boon Mee said:

Examples of this so-called 'sleaziness ?

All of it has been posted before. In detail. By me and others.

But, you ignored all of the documented sleaze the Huckster has been involved in before,

so what's the point of posting it again?

Of course, you could do your own research...

:thumbsup:

Edited by iReason

12 hours ago, Silurian said:

Better hurry and dissolve this Foundation so no more ugly investigations can take place! Who knows how many more past violations would come up. Must be some pretty interesting stuff the con-man POTUS-elect doesn't want coming to light. The foundation has already admitted to violating IRS rules by improperly giving money to someone close to the organization. Keep on digging and let's see what else is buried there.

This guy has been discarding US laws for decades. How is he not in jail? Funny how things like his FRAUD "trump uni" wasn't tweeted about. Delirious Tweeter (DT). His defenders - I refer to as - FNF's i.e. fake news fans :-) don't seem interested in this type of news. 

10 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Clinton Foundation scores 5 out of 5 stars on an grading system aimed at grading foundations.

On the other hand, Trump saying he'll dissolve his foundation (who believes anything he says?) ....reminds me of former Thai ministry officials, when they're being investigated for illegal activity:  They simply say, "I'm no longer the Minister, so how can I be investigated for something that happened in the past?"

How about the thousands of contractors on Trump construction projects who got shafted by Trump?  Perhaps Trump can simply say, "I am no longer CEO of those construction projects, so any lawsuits are moot.  They have no merit, because I quit being chairman of those companies."

And his defenders will agree...... the mind-set reeks of mental illness, or at least irrational thoughts/thinking.

9 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

....and he still hasn't released any tax statements.  He promised he would.  Yet another of the dozens/hundreds of broken promises in his oil slick wake. 

17 months ago, he declared, "I would love to release my tax forms, believe me."

Boomerang asks; Why is one of the most powerful men on the planet not able to do something he would love to do?

Wasn't there another "entertainer" years ago who would typically say "Trust me"? lol When people hear "believe" me from the delirious tweeter (DT) one should do the opposite. 

6 hours ago, iReason said:

All of it has been posted before. In detail. By me and others.

But, you ignored all of the documented sleaze the Huckster has been involved in before,

so what's the point of posting it again?

Of course, you could do your own research...

:thumbsup:

Good one iReason e.g. sleeze defender doing research or wanting facts. lol lol lol That'll be the day. lol 

13 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Actually, and here's a perfect example of the difference between a trustworthy news source and a fake news source, the New York Times did an investigation of that which at least partially exculpated the Florida AG and Trump:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/15/us/politics/pam-bondi-donald-trump-foundation.html

But you know the Times did try to bury the story by putting it on the front page.

I read the article.  It doesn't excuse Trump for the allegations of paying bribe money to the FL AG in order for her to not pursue Floridians' lawsuits against Trump U.  Trump breaks the law in many ways on many levels.  Below is an excerpt from the article you linked. . . . . . 

"For his part, Mr. Trump fanned the embers by sending the contribution from his nonprofit foundation, which cannot under federal law make political donations."

17 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

In other words, you know better than the people who make these evaluations their life work. And the data you provide was so near to being not nonexistent.

banks have regulators, auditors, etc...  that are supposed to oversee the interworkings of such and attempt to keep lending practices in check.  but every 10 years there is a banking crisis which these 'oversight' committees don't see coming.  even though they have access to the data.  i'm just saying the charity watch ratings shouldn't be 100% relied upon.  yes, the employees of such entities are doing the best they can, like a bank regulator, but things can slip by.  it is not easy work.  i'm glad they are doing what they can.  it is definitely better than nothing.

3 hours ago, buick said:

banks have regulators, auditors, etc...  that are supposed to oversee the interworkings of such and attempt to keep lending practices in check.  but every 10 years there is a banking crisis which these 'oversight' committees don't see coming.  even though they have access to the data.  i'm just saying the charity watch ratings shouldn't be 100% relied upon.  yes, the employees of such entities are doing the best they can, like a bank regulator, but things can slip by.  it is not easy work.  i'm glad they are doing what they can.  it is definitely better than nothing.

Why would you compare what bank auditors do to what charities do?  Are charities making loans for a profit?  The people who audit charities check to examine their overhead costs and to see that the money the charity spends actually is going to where its meant to go. And that their funds are conservatively invested. And your example even falls short on its own terms since auditors aren't macroeconomists and aren't'expected to predict the ups and downs of the economy.

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

The people who audit charities check to examine their overhead costs

i'm not sure this can really be done, auditors can be 'fooled' so to speak..  i'm sorry some of the things i've included in my posts don't seem to make sense to you and perhaps others.  i don't think i compared bank auditors to what charities do.  i tried to make a point that auditors can be 'fooled' (regardless of who they audit, a charity, a bank, a farm business, a major football team, etc..).

On 12/25/2016 at 6:05 PM, Boon Mee said:

Amazing!

Trump gets beat up over this charitable foundation's demise. :sad:

He is a bit like the his big league criminals over here. Volunteer to do a month as a monk and expect it all to go away. Trump says he will dissolve the foundation. Good, but that must not dissolve his criminal activity up to now.

On 12/25/2016 at 6:13 PM, Boon Mee said:

Examples of this so-called 'sleaziness ?

Take your head out of the bucket and read.

48 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Trump continues to do the right thing and gets beat up about it? :sad:

When Bernie Madoff was jailed he was doing the right thing, but that still did not stop him getting 50 years for financial fraud. I hope all this is properly investigated and Trump does time. Being made President Elect does not mean he can think in private - Oh what can I do to cover up our criminal tracks, - i know just dissolve the foundation/company/pay off the courts.

5 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

When Bernie Madoff was jailed he was doing the right thing, but that still did not stop him getting 50 years for financial fraud.

No, Bernie Madoff wasn't doing the right thing. That is a ridiculous comparison.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Stay on topic, please.   The topic is about Trump and his foundation.   It does not matter whether a charity is run by Atilla the Hun, Mother Teresea or Pablo Escobar, to be considered a charity it must meet certain rules and those rules have to do with what they do with the money received.  

14 hours ago, WaywardWind said:

The biggest contribution ever made to the foundation came from World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (WWE) for $4 million in 2007. The WWE also gave the Trump Foundation its second-biggest contribution -- for $1 million -- in 2009.

The WWE was co-founded by Linda McMahon, who was announced this month as Trump's pick to head the Small Business Administration (SBA).

https://gma.yahoo.com/ny-attorney-general-hinders-trump-plan-shutter-foundation-215402968--abc-news-topstories.html#

But Trump will get rid of the swamp right? No vested interests right? This man makes Clinton look like Mother Theresa when it comes to Federal Crimes committed.! Your nation is in safe hands USA - Not!

Edited by Scott
Link added