Directions to Furama Chiangmai Mai please

tartempion

Renting a car at Chiangmai Mai airport and trying to ind driving directions.

Does the hotel have an entrance on Huay Kaewroad or do I need to U-turn on road 11 and turn into Lanna Villa alley as Google suggestion.

I got a double stupid reply from the hotel:

1) you can order a car from the hotel at 100B per passenger.

2) Hotel is near Nimman road on Huay Kaew, Google for directions....

Hope that hotel won't be full with Chinese tourists, just for 1 night however.

3 hours ago, tartempion said:

I don't trust Google with my life but they might be right for once, thanks true blue and c55...

What, did you just time travel here from 1950?  Never had a problem with directions from Google, ever, in many, many countries.  Do you trust push-button telephones, or not?

I'd just head to Hillside 4 condos and drive thru their car park. ...that takes you directly to Furama I believe.

Another words from the airport head to  the moat and when at the corner turn left on Huay Keow road.  Travel down to Maya intersection, turn right and follow to the U Turn. Take that back to Maya intersection and turn left back along HK road.  HS4 is on the left.

Go thru HS4 car park..... wallahh ,  it there.

14 hours ago, Saastrajaa said:

What, did you just time travel here from 1950?  Never had a problem with directions from Google, ever, in many, many countries.  Do you trust push-button telephones, or not?

I use online mapping a lot.. OSM, Google, Etc.. Problem with google maps is it treats off road and single track goat trails as routable 'roads' way too often.. If your out in the boonies it can send you 10s of kms on a route to discover you could only get through on a dirtbike. 

2 hours ago, merlin2002 said:

As mentioned u-turn can be problematic at certains of the day. IMHO you would be better travelling another 500M past the u-turn to the traffic lights where there is a filter for turning.

Got that wrong illegal to do u turn at nimman junction if coming huay kaew road turn right traffic lights at maya next traffic lights do u turn  there is a filter Lane there at them traffic lights.do same route twice a day.

1 hour ago, true blue said:

Got that wrong illegal to do u turn at nimman junction if coming huay kaew road turn right traffic lights at maya next traffic lights do u turn  there is a filter Lane there at them traffic lights.do same route twice a day.

The u-turn I'm referring to is on the super highway after Maya... pretty obvious I thought, obviously not..:passifier:

OK, I understand the entrance to hillside 4 is under the green glass pyramid on Huay kaew and the underground parkings are connected.
Thanks sirmud63.

Do let us know if you get there so we can let the emergency services stand down.

Take a cab and have the car rental place deliver it to you... :coffee1:

55555, Most taxi drivers don't know where the hotels are.

Sofitel Sukhumvit comes to my mind (plain on Suk between S13/15), stay on Suk you dumbass, and the Novotel Fenix Silom, where is Silom? Down Sirat expressway (still no clue) Lerdsin hospital? Ah, at least taxi drivers do know the hospitals. So should we.

I'll keep the suspense alive, see the movie Passengers.

^^^ The Chiang Mai airport cab system is surprisingly professional and efficient!...

You go to the counter where there are english speakers who determine your destination and writes it on your slip in Thai... You pay them (a standard price based on distance) and receive a slip... You go outside and a taxi is selected - you hand him the slip and you are off...

A lot easier than making a U turn on Neimanheiman :sleepy:

5 hours ago, sfokevin said:

^^^ The Chiang Mai airport cab system is surprisingly professional and efficient!...

You go to the counter where there are english speakers who determine your destination and writes it on your slip in Thai... You pay them (a standard price based on distance) and receive a slip... You go outside and a taxi is selected - you hand him the slip and you are off...

A lot easier than making a U turn on Neimanheiman :sleepy:

There is no such thing as a u turn on Nimman.ever thought the guy might be going some were else in his car and just having a one night stop in cnx.