TrueVisions May Stop Showing HBO, Cinemax Sunday

webfact

35 minutes ago, Dario said:

You'll get a price drop unless you do nothing and just complain. The price drop is for the doers only.

Wow! Guess you´re just better than me. A real doer I can hear. The comment was supposed to be in a sarcastic way, but unfortunately you did not understand that.

What I will do with this, is just taking it to the small little box of posts that I just can´t get a grip on. By the way, it´s getting larger and larger.

Edited by Get Real

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

There is no cable in our village,but i have a dish.I rather like HBO and i am not happy about losing it.I only have the Gold Package,but i am not able to watch the channels that are advertised as 'GOLD'.I dont know about media boxes.What do they do?and would i be able to connect one to the dish? failing that,are there any companies up my way Khon kaen suburbs that supply a package for satellite.Thanks for any info in advance.

For those so called Media Boxes you need to have good and stable internet else they don't really work. Another sat option what you can get is PSI, but I would not recommend it as they mainly have Thai Channels. There may be other options like Sat from M'sia but I have no idea if you can get it in KK.

22 minutes ago, MJCM said:

For those so called Media Boxes you need to have good and stable internet else they don't really work. Another sat option what you can get is PSI, but I would not recommend it as they mainly have Thai Channels. There may be other options like Sat from M'sia but I have no idea if you can get it in KK.

ASTRO might be a bit iffy in KK. Mate needed a 10 foot dish in Buriram for a good signal.

Skynet from Burma may be an option, available for 15k bht a year I believe.

29 minutes ago, MJCM said:

We have 2 of those so called media boxes, actually "HiMedia" from China. We have a basic TOT  internet subscription ,720 THB pm,and that is sufficient to run both boxes via remote wifi with little or no problems. I can get most of the live sporting events I wish to watch, golf,rugby,  football etc. All of the latest TV shows and movies.

Currently watching ITV 1 from the UK.

And, all free!

There is no cable in our village,but i have a dish.I rather like HBO and i am not happy about losing it.I only have the Gold Package,but i am not able to watch the channels that are advertised as 'GOLD'.I dont know about media boxes.What do they do?and would i be able to connect one to the dish? failing that,are there any companies up my way Khon kaen suburbs that supply a package for satellite.Thanks for any info in advance.

20 minutes ago, Thailand said:

We have 2 of those so called media boxes, actually "HiMedia" from China. We have a basic TOT  internet subscription ,720 THB pm,and that is sufficient to run both boxes via remote wifi with little or no problems. I can get most of the live sporting events I wish to watch, golf,rugby,  football etc. All of the latest TV shows and movies.

Currently watching ITV 1 from the UK.

And, all free!

I have TOT WiNet which is NOT ADSL (as that is not available here), and even when running ThaiExpatTV it takes about 20 minutes (at least) before I can start watching a 45 min program without buffering till the end.

Watching a 1.5 hour Movie possible but need to stop watching at least 2-3 times to let it buffer.

Watching "Live" TV is impossible without Buffering, so watch xx min then wait xx min for buffering etc etc, changing the Channel ? Rinse and repeat.

And the buffering is even worse during "Prime Time"

And yes, I have tried KODI and Yes I have tried iLikeHD but they are even worse then ThaiExpat/UKTV option (buffering wise that is)

Edit: Oooh I forgot to mention that sometimes our internet is off and NO not for a couple of hours but days on end, I believe the record is at the moment almost 2 weeks

Edited by MJCM

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Just click the package Icons at the top of this TrueVisions webpage to see the different package channel lineups.

http://truevisionsgroup.truecorp.co.th/channellineup_web/1

LOL> I didn't really need to see the package as I won't be buying it. It was just a comment that they are obviously cancelling so many good English channels that you need to ask what they show rather than what they don't.

5 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

See post #66 and onwards as myself and someone else have already answered your previous post asking about the same

Edited by MJCM

1 hour ago, Pib said:

yeap, said the six channels being dropped are Cinemax, HBO, HBO Hits, HBO Hits HD, HBO Family and Red by HBO.

To be replaced with:

ChinaMax

China Box Office

Mao's Greatest Hits

Beijing Classic Films

Chinese Family of Nations Hits

Tiananmen Movies

Thanx to all the people for replying to my post re satellite in KK.

I will have to check out some other avenues.But you all have been very helpful.The only other alternative,is to go down to True,in KK and complain most heavily and cry,and sniffle and beg them to cease dropping channels.Although by the posts,it would appear that its a false errand.Once again Thailand has reduced my sense of freedom.How will i live without 'Game of Thrones?'Does true have no compassion in these instances.However,no matter how depressed i am over this,i have no intention of  throwing myself out of my bedroom window,we live in a bungalow!

1 minute ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I will have to check out some other avenues.But you all have been very helpful.The only other alternative,is to go down to True,in KK and complain most heavily and cry,and sniffle and beg them to cease dropping channels.Although by the posts,it would appear that its a false errand.Once again Thailand has reduced my sense of freedom.How will i live without 'Game of Thrones?'Does true have no compassion in these instances.However,no matter how depressed i am over this,i have no intention of  throwing myself out of my bedroom window,we live in a bungalow!

First they came for Discovery Science, then HBO and Cinemax.  The noose tightens.

4 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I will have to check out some other avenues.<snip>

The main question is, Do you have good / Fast Internet where you live? If so, then you have a lot of alternatives.

1 minute ago, weegee said:

Guess my hunch may be right.....The money has gone sideways, and the company is wall bound....

Nothing in the bin, to pay for the channels.....????

Could be, but 1 question though if that is the case why did they go for a deal with BeIn Sports to get the EPL

30 minutes ago, Usernames said:

To be replaced with:

ChinaMax

China Box Office

Mao's Greatest Hits

Beijing Classic Films

Chinese Family of Nations Hits

Tiananmen Movies

Wouldn't surprise me....Thailand seems to be turning into Little China.

Might as well rename the country of Thailand to the Southern Most Province in China called Thailand.

4 minutes ago, MJCM said:

That depends where you live IMO.

For example in Pattaya you can get Sophon, Banglamung Cable and TMN.

Yeap, but on a country-wide basis TrueVisions is the 800 pound guerrilla for paid cable/satellite TV.   

MJCM.

Yes,i remember asking about getting satellite TV,but that was long ago.In the end i got true vision.Thank you for putting your self up front and reminding me of that question.But may i ask if its a crime to ask again.Are you on the board of directors of Thai Vision and have to reply like a stuffy butler?

7 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

MJCM.

Yes,i remember asking about getting satellite TV,but that was long ago.In the end i got true vision.Thank you for putting your self up front and reminding me of that question.But may i ask if its a crime to ask again.Are you on the board of directors of Thai Vision and have to reply like a stuffy butler?

Sorry Dave, I was only referring that you posted the same question 2x in this thread !

Edited by MJCM

1 hour ago, luudee said:

Well, time to drop true .... plain and simple ...

I wonder if I can cancel my subscription as of January 1st and get a refund, since they are dropping the movie channels ...

luudee

True said to my wife that if we cancelled, they would make a compensation.

10 minutes ago, Pib said:

Wouldn't surprise me....Thailand seems to be turning into Little China.

Might as well rename the country of Thailand to the Southern Most Province in China called Thailand.

Give it a few years

MJCM

I probably did,but as time goes by,and there are many other posts,i tend to forget.I am not technologically brilliant like some,i dont know the difference between mega bites,speeds,media boxes,and all the tech stuff that you guys know about.You are all very clever,and i have trouble understanding it.However if you needed a public health,plumbing designer to knock you out a 20th scale drawing of a fully vented single stack soil ladder system for  a15 story block of offices,i am your man.But then you would be lost.I find it hard to stay in tune with the techno world nowadays.Ive only just got my first Android for gods sake,and that was done with apprehension,i only got it because my daughter wants me to see my new grandson.It took me three days to work out how to send a message. And skype was like latin to me.So forgive me for asking again. You will have to be patient,and i will try to be smarter.