webfact

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Dario said:

I'll be OK for the next 6 months. I've been accorded a 30% reduction on my Platinum package for the next 6 months. No need to ask for the support supervisor. The Truevision customer care staff has been authorized to give the 30%. She said in 6 months I can renegotiate with Truevision.

You might want to wait until you actually get your bill and see if they really do give you a discount.

2 minutes ago, petedk said:

No, I mean we have paid in advance. Will get some money back.

WOW that is good news as we just (2 months ago) paid 6 months in advance. But we are in serious doubt as there is not a Real Alternative for us available at the moment. So do we stay with Truevisions and lose a lot of channels or do we go with PSI (which is not really an alternative)

12 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

MJCM

I probably did,but as time goes by,and there are many other posts,i tend to forget.I am not technologically brilliant like some,i dont know the difference between mega bites,speeds,media boxes,and all the tech stuff that you guys know about.You are all very clever,and i have trouble understanding it.However if you needed a public health,plumbing designer to knock you out a 20th scale drawing of a fully vented single stack soil ladder system for  a15 story block of offices,i am your man.But then you would be lost.I find it hard to stay in tune with the techno world nowadays.Ive only just got my first Android for gods sake,and that was done with apprehension,i only got it because my daughter wants me to see my new grandson.It took me three days to work out how to send a message. And skype was like latin to me.So forgive me for asking again. You will have to be patient,and i will try to be smarter.

No problem but your

Are you on the board of directors of Thai Vision and have to reply like a stuffy butler?

and other comments by other members are one of the reasons why I stopped using TV and only post once in a while

Good Luck with your questions !

Edited by MJCM

Well, True finally did it. If this story is indeed correct I'll discontinue my True service. Anyway, I can watch HBO Go and Cinemax Go, plus Netflix on my MacBook Pro, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.

Ironically, if indeed they're dropping HBO to save money, they'll actually be losing even more money by driving away more and more customers. Silly buggers. 

MJCM

I am sorry you feel like that,but one has to be a little verbally defensive in this forum.I have read some posts where the poster was honestly just asking for advice and was verbally crucified for his/her ignorance.There are some people  that will take great delight in insulting and generally taking the piss out of others that do not know.At times it gets quite nasty when two posters really disagree with each other. But,it is ,after all, only words on a screen and you should be able to answer in the same vein.If these scribbling's on a  screen are the reason for why you no longer post,then it is a pity,because you seem like an intelligent guy,and it would be a shame to lose such a poster.

4 hours ago, Dario said:

I'll be OK for the next 6 months. I've been accorded a 30% reduction on my Platinum package for the next 6 months. No need to ask for the support supervisor. The Truevision customer care staff has been authorized to give the 30%. She said in 6 months I can renegotiate with Truevision.

I just called True at 8:25pm on this Monday night.   Told them I plan to cancel the Plantium package and maybe cancel all together  unless I get a discount.   Now since it's after normal business hours the rep said she understand my concern and she will pass my concern and request to their marketing department and they should call me back tomorrow with their decision.

If they don't call back by around 3pm I'll call again.  If no satisfaction I will then go to a True Service center asking for a cost reduction or I will cancel in early Jan.  See what happens.   I'm definitely not staying on their Platinum package unless the HBO channels replacements are equal to or better which is highly unlikely.  

16 minutes ago, Usernames said:

You might want to wait until you actually get your bill and see if they really do give you a discount.

I called back later and the lady I talked to confirmed that I got 30% on my platinum package for the next 6 months.

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

For how long is the discount ? Do you know ?

edit: What about the subscribers who have paid 6 months or even 1 year in advance, will they get a discount ??

I started with True just one month ago getting 50% discount on platinum for four months on a six month contract. I did this as no cable internet and mobile package for tv was bloody expensive and ilikehd very flaky. Just the other day they were some guys running new cable on the posts outside our house which they said was 3BB. Obviously too early but this could be my opportunity to ditch True if this is the way they're headed. Turning out like any other Thai company regarding customer service. Are these cables likely to be phone type or as newly installed something better? What's the feedback on 3BB as internet supplier. AIS is good as we rent out a mast space on our property to them so 25 metres away? Guess I've got time to find out but any comments on the way to go given what I've identified would be nice to have.

Just now, Khon Kaen Dave said:

MJCM

Sorry,in answer to your previous question,i have internet WIFI with 3bb and it is very fast.Ive never had a problem getting on line.

Then you have lots of alternatives.

For starters use a program from here to watch UKTV (which is free for the time being)

http://uktv.webtv.to/

3 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Just the other day they were some guys running new cable on the posts outside our house which they said was 3BB. Obviously too early but this could be my opportunity to ditch True if this is the way they're headed.

3BB did just the same in our village about 6 weeks ago, when my wife called to register she was told that they need at least 5 subscribers per village, but nobody need cable Internet here, everyone is happy with True-H 3G ...   What a world we live in here? ...

6 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Are these cables likely to be phone type or as newly installed something better?

Not sure, it could be Fibre or ADSL (phone type).

In our village the 3BB advertisements have been around for months already but when we called them they came back to us that they don't plan to come to our area for another couple of ??Years?? as the distance between our village and the next is around 2-3 kms and there aren't any houses / buildings on that road. And they also said that they need at least 5 subscribers to start even considering.

Edited by MJCM

8 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

TRUEly shit. Haven't used them in over 10 years.

Trouble is finding an alternative. I have tried Astro satellite from Malaysia, Expat and my present internet TV which are rubbish in comparison as are local cable companies

Also I only watch programmes when I want to by recording them in advance. No good withe the above bet great with true's PVR box

Will wait and see the outcome, but probably return toTrue Vision next year

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

what's needed is Foxtel in Thailand to show the locals how to run a satellite/cable tv business properly and provide the customers with what they want .

The number one gouger in the business,give the customer the package foxtel want.

55 minutes ago, petedk said:

Strange website.

There is no information at all. Only a download to an exe file.  

No way would I try that.

I agree 100% but that is the old "UKTV" program which have merged with ThaiExpatTV but they are back online.

Edit: And if you don't trust it, run it in a Sandbox

What is a Sandbox ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbox_(computer_security)

Edited by MJCM

Memories of CTH keep coming  back, the curse of having the rights to the EPL etc. I bet the price of the the Super Soccer package goes up quite dramatically next season. Just downgraded my package to Enjoy + Super Soccer

at 299 per month. If they do increase the footie then it will go and I'll watch it on the internet, plenty of options there (Flawless IPTV) at 7 quid a month

4 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Just another ripoff monopoly owned by the mega -rich and determined to squeeze every last satang out of consumers. If the govt had the balls ( or the inclination) they would revisit the tender and attempt to get some quality.

My needs were simple: decent movies ( including foreign language), good drama , the best of the documentaries, news and some sport.

Before I pulled the plug, the quality had deteriorated to less than adequate: endless rubbish X Factor type things but not much quality on offer. Not worth 1000B let alone 2500.

I think you're in the wrong country. Why should Thailand care at all what foreign programmes are on offer to non-Thais. I'm not saying that is the correct attitude, but it seems to be the one they have. And customer care also don't care because they get paid anyway. Customer service anywhere in Thailand is non-existent much, not all, of the time.

8 hours ago, MJCM said:

Wow if this is True (no pun intended) then this really scu*s as our Internet here is too slow for iPTV and thus not an real alternative :sad:

I dropped True about 8 months ago when AIS started offering fibre optic service. Free installation and equipment with 50 mps and 10 upload. Have used IPTV along with the free iptv box they gave me all for 900 baht per month. East Pattaya

7 hours ago, Bureaucrat said:

Buy a media box you can watch HBO for free with subtitles. 1000's channels available you just pay for the box and your internet connection, you can also receive every terrestrial station in the world. Free.

For free advice on do it yourself email me with your questions. I do not sell these boxes but give free advice having used this system for 2 years.

Just now, Khon Kaen Dave said:

MJCM

Sorry,in answer to your previous question,i have internet WIFI with 3bb and it is very fast.Ive never had a problem getting on line.

I live past the black stump and have 3bb wifi and it is good enough for me,considering where i live.It is never down.Their tech is a good bloke and very helpful to an old codger..Brings his wife and 2 kids out at 7pm on a service run.Can get oz tv using a vpn and a few downloads is all i need.PSI and ebooks for other times.Even talk about putting a tower up on our nearby land,which will mean free and faster internet.Fibre optic is coming but so is xmas.

Just now, MJCM said:

Not sure, it could be Fibre or ADSL (phone type).

In our village the 3BB advertisements have been around for months already but when we called them they came back to us that they don't plan to come to our area for another couple of ??Years?? as the distance between our village and the next is around 2-3 kms and there aren't any houses / buildings on that road. And they also said that they need at least 5 subscribers to start even considering.

Well that has got me buggered as well.Only 2 in my village and the other one is 79 and has been to ICU 3 times and still smokes a packet a day.

10 hours ago, edwinchester said:

I'm sure they'll replace them with some absolutely fantastic shopping, and if the viewers are really lucky, game show channels.

Passing on some info I saw about possible replacement channels - not sure about the accuracy, as it wasn't from True.

1) Warner TV (apparently Warner Bros + TNT mix)

2) Sony Channel (mostly series, not films)

3) Paramount Channel (old films)

4) Fox Action Movies

5) Celestial Classic Movies (Chinese)

6) Food Network (not films)

Most of these were on CTH before CTH folded.  Overall, they are poor (and cheap) substitutes for the HBO channels.

The other question is this - will HBO just abandon the Thai market altogether, or will they team up with some other Thai provider?

Not strictly in line with the topic but concerns the evil perpetrator of this most heneious crime, I recently noticed that True were sneakily slipping in two months bills on each invoice.

the current Mrs Dark Lord is not an Albert Einstein when it comes to figures and had not noticed. Got a few remaining months credit with those clowns before changing back to 3BB after having had a friendly chat with them.