Military Gives Police Alleged Hacker To Display To Public

webfact

Military Gives Police Alleged Hacker To Display To Public

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter -

Hacker1.jpg

Police show belongings confiscated from the Bangkok home of Natdanai Kongdi, 19, at the national police headquarters Monday.

BANGKOK — A 19-year-old accused of hacking a police website was presented to the public Monday by authorities looking to show such suspects can be found and prosecuted.

Natdanai Kongdi was taken from his home in Bangkok’s Khlong Sam Wa district where authorities said they confiscated a shotgun, two pistols, some marijuana, his computer and a book on network security.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2016/12/26/military-gives-police-alleged-hacker-display-public/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-26

9 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I thought they were going to "display" him ?, maybe 

he asked "can I wear an Guy Fawkes mask",it's always

a fun day in Thailand.

regards Worgeordie

I thought they were going to cut him up into bite size pieces for the street stalls smile.gif

"what do we display to make this skinny and really smart looking kid look bad?"

"how about those really expensive hand guns and that nice shotgun we took from the loan sharks who did not pay us off last week?"

"good thinking."

"and a RED really powerful looking computer."

"Good idea."

"Drugs."

"OK."

"And a book. Books are dangerous. A book about computers."

"OK. We are ready."

Edited by NCC1701A

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I thought they were going to "display" him ?, maybe 

he asked "can I wear an Guy Fawkes mask",it's always

a fun day in Thailand.

regards Worgeordie

They can't display him, he's not guilty yet, just alleged. However, I am sure he's a lot smarter with IT than the Magnificent Seven seated at the table. Just hire him to help them.

1 hour ago, doremifasol said:

Set up. Just to make the story more  believable

the hacker is not only a hacker, he is also a druggie,

and a criminal with a shotgun and pistols.

And BTW, why they displayed more than two guns?

Why the two officers on the left look so uncomfortable?

Thumbs down

So the BIB say this guy had 2 pistols and a shot gun,  why is there more than 2 pistols in the photo?   

Also just a note,, isn't a hackers weapon of choice a computer? so why the need for so many guns?

I'm supprised that the so-called hackers have gone after the junta's personal info or unusual wealth and made it public. Ooop's my bad, the PM's brother is in the news agian for his undecliared assets,  hackers maybe???

Illegal guns and some weed fine, but a book on networking and a hopped up game machine does not make a hacker.  What operating system(s) was on the computer and what networking tools did it have ?  A book is not proof of anything other than, perhaps, a love of reading. 

4 hours ago, doremifasol said:

Set up. Just to make the story more  believable

the hacker is not only a hacker, he is also a druggie,

and a criminal with a shotgun and pistols.

And BTW, why they displayed more than two guns?

Why the two officers on the left look so uncomfortable?

Thumbs down

Those 2 "officers" shirts are too tight......

A 19-yo with a book on network security being made an example of. 

EXACTLY as I predicted!   Noobs & tenderfoots being caught & pilloried, but my guess is the real threat is far more substantial...   (Handguns and a supply of ammo, while they do represent a completely different kind of threat, DON'T turn someone into a credible hacker...)

Edited by hawker9000

red pc, of course :smile:

The absolute clincher! What more positive indication of evil intent could you ask for?

Mind you, they are getting fiendishly clever - it must be months since anyone left a red baseball cap with an image of Thaksin on it at the scene of their crimes!

Wondering if all hackers are that well armed. Or if the arms were planted to show the seriousness and substantiate the military interest. More and more show of absolute power of this Junta. It's all about the control they love to exert over the masses.

Don't sell these young geeks short. They unlike their parents are not as afraid to  challenge authority. They will NOT GIVE UP!!! And with the Net they are more well informed about what a democracy really consists of. Moreover one of them is certainly more intelligent then all of the RTP fools and monkeys. They will continue to be the mosquito in the dark, circling the RTP into eternity. Round and round they go. Hide and seek. And all sorts of annoying games.

Just look at how perfectly and professionally the RTP have handled and quashed the entire Wat Spaceship debacle.

Will Thailand ever have an elected government based on democracy. Not as long as Mr P. is drawing a breath me thinks.

Not much hope in view presently.