Pattaya - Hua Hin ferry set to commence January 12th

webfact

Pattaya - Hua Hin ferry set to commence January 12th

a5.jpg

Picture: Thairath

PATTAYA: -- The catamaran service from Pattaya to Hua Hin is scheduled to begin from January 12th.

Reinforcements have been made to the controversial Bali Hai pier and harbor master Ekarat Khantaro has expressed confidence that final checks will mostly have been completed by the end of this month, reports Thairath.

The firm operating the service is taking delivery of a 38 metre long catamaran made in China. The vehicle will have 339 seats and will be able to travel at a top speed of around 32 to 34 knots. The journey across the Gulf of Thailand will take one hour 40 minutes.

The cost of the trip is expected to be 1,200 baht. Some 70% of customers are expected to be from tour groups with the rest private individuals.

As soon as the boat is registered, tests will be carried out ahead of the start or the service on January 12th, said Ekarat.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-27

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reinforcements have been made to the controversial Bali Hai pier and harbor master Ekarat Khantaro has expressed confidence that final checks will mostly have been completed by the end of this month, reports.

Is that checks or cheques?

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Reinforcements have been made to the controversial Bali Hai pier and harbor master Ekarat Khantaro has expressed confidence that final checks will mostly have been completed by the end of this month, reports.

Is that checks or cheques?

i feel structural  engineers should be involved to check the integrity of the pier before commencement of the service. better to be safe than sorry.

2 hours ago, sharecropper said:

Interesting - maybe that's why the ferry idea was revived and now (against practical opposition) quickly implemented. It's aimed at "tour groups", and we know who that means....

No I do not know.  Means what ?

2 hours ago, sahibji said:

i feel structural  engineers should be involved to check the integrity of the pier before commencement of the service. better to be safe than sorry.

6 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

May be six  hours by car!

I would think that would be a given!

Do you think they would let a contractor do the modifications without a Government Department checking everything during the process.

3 hours ago, sharecropper said:

Interesting - maybe that's why the ferry idea was revived and now (against practical opposition) quickly implemented. It's aimed at "tour groups", and we know who that means....

My thoughts exactly when I read the article.

I live in Pattaya and was kind of looking forward to taking a little trip to Hua Hin once in a while, but if I find out that 70% of the passengers are from the Big-Country-With-No-Manners-Whatsoever I will definitely reconsider. It's bad enough to be on a boat to Koh Larn with them, where it lasts only 40 minutes, but 1h40 multiplied by two, no thank you.

Note that the boat is made in China ... I'd be very interested to know exactly how much shares the Chinese have in the company itself, and their goal is to transport mainly Chinese people .... well, here's another example of how the mainland Chinese inflate only the numbers of tourists in this country, while grossly inflating their OWN pockets with the profits generated.

If the Thais think that Western-style domination through economy and finance is bad (and I certainly agree that it's immoral and wrong in many ways) they need to think again before giving themselves away, body and soul, to the Chinese tycoons instead. From the frying pan into the fire ....

Edited by Yann55

It was originally planned to start Jan.1st and I bought a ticket from a jet ski renter on Pattaya beach last month for 5,000 baht (champagne breakfast and canapes) for the first trip...now they have changed the date I will have to find him and get it changed I expect :sad: