Phuket teen killed in stolen motorbike chase

snoop1130

Phuket teen killed in stolen motorbike chase

Kritsada Mueanhawong

1_201612281500914_iWJQlMoCWdNyixyHjtetRy

PHUKET:-- A 14-year-old boy was killed and another badly injured when the stolen motorbike they were riding collided with a car in Saphan Hin last night.

Phuket City Police officers and paramedics arrived on the scene, at the Bang Yai Canal intersection, about 9:40pm.

The motorbike had been stolen from a house behind Rajabhat University on Monday.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-teen-killed-stolen-motorbike-chase/66050?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-12-28

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

You can be sure that the unfortunate car driver will be paying for all the costs ....  just crazy

Why? You aren't aware of the full circumstances of this incident so what's with the conjecture?

I know of a number of people who have been involved in 'accidents'  (INCLUDING foreigners) who have been absolved of blame and not had to fork out (and I include no bungs).

OH these young  guys  and  their  hormones!  Well actually, I feel sorry for

the parents and siblings and friends  of  this teen, but  not  him.  Som Nom Nah..

I  know  I am  cold  blooded   that  is why  I  live  where I  do.

14 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Why? You aren't aware of the full circumstances of this incident so what's with the conjecture?

I know of a number of people who have been involved in 'accidents'  (INCLUDING foreigners) who have been absolved of blame and not had to fork out (and I include no bungs).

It's just a Thai cultural thing .... have car, then have money or insurance. The boy's parents will be seeking compensation for their son's death and loss of future earnings. The driver of the car MUST pay ...

It's not a foreigner thing, although that hikes up the compensation asked. I had a bike on bike crash with a Thai, police decided the Thai should pay my damages, although my Thai wife did the talking.

35 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

It's just a Thai cultural thing .... have car, then have money or insurance. The boy's parents will be seeking compensation for their son's death and loss of future earnings. The driver of the car MUST pay ...

It's not a foreigner thing, although that hikes up the compensation asked. I had a bike on bike crash with a Thai, police decided the Thai should pay my damages, although my Thai wife did the talking.

Would depend who is at fault for the accident.

19 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

True enough stevenl .... but often the one with the money (or good insurance) pays ... it's not so clear cut in Thailand, depends how the police report is worded ... wink, wink, envelope ...

One would think that a 14 year old with no licence (therefore should not be on the road) riding a stolen bike should be at automatic fault.  Then again, this is Thailand and it will all come down to money.  I've never been in an accident here but my wife and friends have.  First thing I always say is ask to see a licence.  No licence = shouldn't be driving = automatic at fault. 

One would think that a 14 year old with no licence (therefore should not be on the road) riding a stolen bike should be at automatic fault.  Then again, this is Thailand and it will all come down to money.  I've never been in an accident here but my wife and friends have.  First thing I always say is ask to see a licence.  No licence = shouldn't be driving = automatic at fault. 

That is not the case here, nor is it in many other countries.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app