working on own home

huahinboilerman

Just now, darrendsd said:

Do you actually understand what a restricted profession is? Just to help you out it means only Thai people can do it. do you understand this? Understand it at all?

The facts are on the restricted professions list, that's my proof, Where's yours? You keep arguing but still haven't provided any FACTS to back up your claims

Where are they? i'm waiting....

So still nothing factual to back your claims.

Am not surprised.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Are you retarded? The facts are on the list

And yet you cannot link anything relating to  the Thai labor law.

Who is the retard ?

Why do you pathetically fail at something you are so adamant about ?

A Canadian started to build his house about 6 years ago, no architect involved and regarding him were computers "devil's work."

He always changed his team and the communication wasn't well, then he changed his plans to have a little swimming pool on the second floor.

The place is still under construction and quite a few million baht went down the drain. 

Nobody really gives a flying kangaroo if you don't upset anybody. 

And listen to post # 20, please. 

But that is not the argument is it? The argument is if a WP is needed and as construction/building work is a restricted profession then yes a WP is technically needed

I to doubt you would have a issue however that is not the point I am trying to make

Last I checked (and applying common-sense), working on your own home and helping family out is not considered to be a "profession".

28 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

And yet you cannot link anything relating to  the Thai labor law.

Who is the retard ?

Why do you pathetically fail at something you are so adamant about ?

Thai labor laws clearly state that farangs cannot work in Thailand without a WP, this applies to paid or unpaid work

You keep arguing but you STILL haven't linked to anything despite me asking you to do so numerous times

Get back to your Chang and stop wasting my time

3 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Thai labor laws clearly state that farangs cannot work in Thailand without a WP, this applies to paid or unpaid work

You keep arguing but you STILL haven't linked to anything despite me asking you to do so numerous times

Get back to your Chang and stop wasting my time

So nothing factual once again.

sigh.

Common sense and Law are 2 separate things

Hand-rolling cigarettes is also on that list. Using your logic, it would be illegal for any foreigner to buy and roll their own cigarettes in Thailand. God help them if they ever shared one with someone else.

I suggest you Google the definition of "profession" before you reply further.

2 minutes ago, sstuff3 said:

Hand-rolling cigarettes is also on that list. Using your logic, it would be illegal for any foreigner to buy and roll their own cigarettes in Thailand. God help them if they ever shared one with someone else.

I suggest you Google the definition of "profession" before you reply further.

But darrendsd said so, so it must be true ......... even though he will not back his claims with proof !!

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

But darrendsd said so, so it must be true ......... even though he will not back his claims with proof !!

Foreigners need a WP to work in Thailand, FACT

Construction/building is on the restricted professions list, FACT

That's my proof

You STILL can't come up with anything to back up your claims can you that it's ok to work on in laws house can you? You just keep avoiding the queston. Pathetic

Just now, darrendsd said:

Foreigners need a WP to work in Thailand, FACT

Construction/building is on the restricted professions list, FACT

That's my proof

You STILL can't come up with anything to back up your claims can you that it's ok to work on in laws house can you? You just keep avoiding the queston. Pathetic

Ahhh now you have moved the goal posts. and agree i foreigner needs a work permit to work.

But lets back track a bit a look more into your claims a work permit is needed for a foreigner  to undertake improvements on his/her own house.

Once you provide factual proof of this we can move forth int the world of one  assisting a neighbor with house improvements.

You ;like to shout "its illegal" were is the proof ?

16 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Ahhh now you have moved the goal posts. and agree i foreigner needs a work permit to work.

But lets back track a bit a look more into your claims a work permit is needed for a foreigner  to undertake improvements on his/her own house.

Once you provide factual proof of this we can move forth int the world of one  assisting a neighbor with house improvements.

You ;like to shout "its illegal" were is the proof ?

No YOUR moving the goalposts,OUR discussion is about working on in laws houses, read the posts

You can't even remember what our discussion is about, comical

4 hours ago, sstuff3 said:

My advice was simply stated. The fact that I do odd jobs around my in-laws house was stating my own personal experience.

Living in Thailand does not mean you surrender your common-sense at the airport when you arrive.

I seriously doubt anyone would ever have an issue with helping out family.

I think you will find a lot do surrender there common dog when they arrive and then there are the TV post me a  link link link brigade. But when you counter that by asking them for a link it's suddenly well you said first. You will never win with them just let them live in there twilight world there less dangerous there.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh  built  two  house on the Wife's land both for us whilst  the local Policeman chats  to me while Im doing it supping an Oishi.............over the last 3  years.................employ a local............no thanks

Archived