Too many Thais abusing Japan’s generosity

webfact

Too many Thais abusing Japan’s generosity
By The Nation

We have to end the job scams and other incentives that prompt our countrymen to stay overseas illegally

BANGKOK: -- Japan’s June 2013 decision to waive entry-visa requirements for holders of Thai passports opened the floodgates for a surge in visitors from the Kingdom.

Since then more citizens of the Land of Smiles have travelled to the Land of the Rising Sun than in any other period in modern history. Last year alone nearly a million Thais went there. In fact, of the 10 overseas cities visited most by Thais last year, seven were in Japan. 

Japan’s relative closeness and the purchasing power of the baht against the yen have been a boon to tourism emanating from Thailand, and many Thais – at least those with the wherewithal – have visited multiple times in the past two years. The Japanese government has gone so far as to formally express its appreciation on behalf of its retail and hospitality industries for the influx in Thai tourists.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/opinion/today_editorial/30303106

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-12-30

Don't do onto your neighbor what you don't want done on to you,

one thing is to make sure foreigners don't do  that in your country,

but another if you doing it in other countries...

Did someone said double standards???....

^ Read the rest of it:

Almost inevitably, however, there has been a downside to the increase in Thai visitors to Japan. A significant number of our fellow citizens have overstayed their travel visas and many are working there illegally. Before the visa requirement was waived, these were not worrying issues. Now they are

That's the thing when you offer up visa-free travel. If the Thais had that here, there's be far fewer deadbeat farangs in the country. It's not genuine Thai tourists causing this issue, it's the bottom of the barrel type (as above). by the way, I do hope the Japanese are charging the Thais 10x the entry fee to their national parks. :whistling: 

It's always a bit of give and take; the hoast country gets an influx of cheap labour desperate to earn money. They often do low skilled jobs that the locals won't do. Good for the employer, good for the illegal immigrant (has a job and earns more COMPARED to what they could earn in their home country). 

Some integrate and become a paret of the community, most work, save and send money home. 

40 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

^ Read the rest of it:

That's the thing when you offer up visa-free travel. If the Thais had that here, there's be far fewer deadbeat farangs in the country. It's not genuine Thai tourists causing this issue, it's the bottom of the barrel type (as above). by the way, I do hope the Japanese are charging the Thais 10x the entry fee to their national parks. :whistling: 

People showing sme ambition and travelling to other Countries to seek work are , IMO , not the "bottom of the barrel" types .

The Japanese economy needs workers , and the Thais need jobs .

Ive have been to Japan and worked myself illegally .

There were huge demand for workers at the time and the authorities turned a blind eye to the foreign workers, even welcomed us .

I arrived there with $100 in my pocket, spent three years working there , illegally and on an overstay , left with a much more healthy bank balance and used the money to set myself up  back in my own Country , as did many of of other foreign workers there .

"Bottom of the barrel"? , maybe arrived that way, but certainty didnt leave that way.

It was good for everyone all round, no harm done to anyone

31 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

The BAHT is stronger than the YEN?...Id take japan over thailand any day but the

mere cost of living there prevents me from it..unless someone here knows about

cheap living in japan im all ears.....:wai:

Have you lived in Japan? They're so racist.

42 minutes ago, fruitman said:

How can the Japanese accept the Thai to work in construction in Japan where everything is done perfectly.?? Workers who can work by Japanese standards are hardly needed in Thailand.

Now, now. Have worked with Thais in construction outside of Thailand and there are a number of Japanese companies in Thailand that hire Thais.  There are a number of Thais that are capable and hard working, as there are a good many that are not.  

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

How can the Japanese accept the Thai to work in construction in Japan where everything is done perfectly.?? Workers who can work by Japanese standards are hardly needed in Thailand.

Workers who can work by Japanese standards are hardly needed found in Thailand.

5 minutes ago, 12DrinkMore said:

Workers who can work by Japanese standards are hardly needed found in Thailand.

The Thai workers who are uneducated and carry out shoddy work and generally not the type to go to work in Japan .

The Thais who have the onus to go to work in Japan are generally the educated ones who take construction jobs , and which they are overly qualified for .

The inept Thais whom have difficulty carrying out the simplest tasks are usually the ones that stay in Thailand and do not venture abroad 

The BAHT is stronger than the YEN?...Id take japan over thailand any day but the

Japan isn't as expensive as many people think it is. The cost is largely irrelevant as you won't get a visa to live there easily. If you have a job it isn't hard to get a visa and even PR but there is no retirement visa.

I could live in Japan on what I spend in Bangkok but would have to be more careful. I lived there for 6 years.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Japan isn't as expensive as many people think it is. The cost is largely irrelevant as you won't get a visa to live there easily. If you have a job it isn't hard to get a visa and even PR but there is no retirement visa.

I could live in Japan on what I spend in Bangkok but would have to be more careful. I lived there for 6 years.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

If it's the same to live in Japan why would you need to be more careful

4 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Lived and worked in Japan for 4 years. It's a novelty at first but very quickly wears off. When the company transferred me to Thailand it was like stepping from hell into heaven. If you want to live a regimental life among a bunch of two faced racists then Japan is the place for you.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

There is a difference in what people do and what a country's policy is. The Thais in Japan don't represent that. Come on!

56 minutes ago, maxpower said:

Lived and worked in Japan for 4 years. It's a novelty at first but very quickly wears off. When the company transferred me to Thailand it was like stepping from hell into heaven. If you want to live a regimental life among a bunch of two faced racists then Japan is the place for you.

If you have worked and lived there with a family you will understand the comments about race,  I echo your comments.  It is a difficult place to work, integrate and raise a child that is not from Japan.  It is not nice in the playgrounds or parks for kids of non-Japanese origin.  Thailand is much better.  The novelty does quickly wear off and the real sets in.  I felt very isolated in Japan, in Thailand I feel more welcome.  My wife is Thai and she had a lot of Japanese friends but we were happy to move away due to the way our children were treated. 

13 hours ago, ezzra said:

The huge influx of tourists and other foreigners in Thailand is creating many problems ... and you're one of them ... so does that mean you have double standard?

13 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Open the link. 

My mistake.  Let me correct.

"sarcasm on"  I'm confused, the title and article seems to be disjointed. "sarcasm off".

I dont think they were even trying to do a Yahoo style bait and switch.  I believe the writers didn't even check to see if the article title and summary were coherent and consistent.

12 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

so Japan has reached a point (racist protectionism) that Thailand aspires to?

Countries having visa requirements cannot be classified as being "racist"

If that were the case, then every Country in the world is "racist"

I just wish that people would stop over using the word "racist"

It gets tiring and monotonous to keep hearing accusations of racism

On 30/12/2016 at 2:37 AM, Dustdevil said:

Have you lived in Japan? They're so racist.

A westerner crying racist, why does statement just not hold power any longer.

Could it be because your kind are like the boy who has cried wolf and used the phrase a few billion times too often.

I'd sooner Japans homogeneous population than the multiculti nightmare that Europe is living under.

So true,but they tone it down in their overseas factories

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect