Chicken thieves

Rc2702

Last week I ventured to FILS farm and rounded up the chickens saving him a bit of time. I saw his concern immediately as he thought I might have missed a few. I did not.

Today I arrive to learn that very evening someone broke in a nicked 3 chickens.

Was shocked to see my BIL off to guard the chickens for the night. 

The farm has no electricity and is aproximately 300 metres from the mrs families home.

What measures could I propose to prevent such incidents?

Anyone wirh experience or ideas beyond killing all the farmers round here, much appreciated.

13 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Dogs work.

Unfortunately they tried this. Where once we're 3 dogs is now 1; Athea is his name and he is a clever dog. Never touches any food not given to him by anyone other than immediate family. 

There's this friendly practice that you make the chicken swallow a small device that explodes once the chicken is taken out of a preset radius. It's not gonna kill the thief just rip his arms off which is fine because a thief without arms is beneficial to society. As for the chicken you can collect the pieces and prepare it for lunch. 

50 minutes ago, A1Str8 said:

There's this friendly practice that you make the chicken swallow a small device that explodes once the chicken is taken out of a preset radius. It's not gonna kill the thief just rip his arms off which is fine because a thief without arms is beneficial to society. As for the chicken you can collect the pieces and prepare it for lunch. 

Too drastic. Just insert an old iPhone up its poop shoot then trace the phone when chicken disappears.

I have a string of bells hanging from my front gate ,

they make enough noise to let anyone know they have been "announced" and maybe someone is looking at them........

you might try that or a 7-11 door bell "ding dong" that you can pick up for 200 baht......

is there any way to make a simple strobe "flash" so they think a photo has been taken ?

Send the thieves to my house. My wife has probably about a hundred of those rubber chickens. I say rubber chickens because they are too tough to eat. They lay eggs all over the place and hatch even more rubber chickens The run free, can fly like regular birds and crap all over everything. Our house sits on two and a half rai but the chickens insist on hanging around the house. I once adopted a nice dog who turned into a chicken killer. My wife got rid of the dog.