PM: All govt. unit should prepare to create "Thai people 4.0"

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has instructed all government units to urgently develop “Thai people 4.0” in preparation for the changing world. He suggested that they use technology to create jobs and propel the economy. 

I guess the PM wants to create the Million Dollar Man on a shoestring no that's a marionette. Its really interesting to hear the PM talk in such a futuristic way with a "Keep em down on the farm" mentality. Oh well thats the new political world order. I often wonder what will go first my pension check or the workers that contribute towards it. When I retired I heard the ratio was 7 working 1 retired collecting. When the ratio hits 1 to 1 we are in deep brown stuff for shure. 

8 hours ago, plachon said:

Classic stuff, straight out of 1984! How about creating "Thai cyborgs" and "smart soldiers" whilst you're at it General.

The good general is still at the Hornblower stage. Cyborgs could be here now. Smart soldiers do you mean like smart TV's? The TV wins hands down. 

Edited by elgordo38

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

4.0 ? what happened to 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0? Oh how time passes so quick

when there're so many governments, bosses and laws that no one

really listen to....

the earlier versions were about moving employees away from agriculture and tourism, by destroying those sectors. but seriously i think they have screwed up the last part by scaring all the foreign companies who offer the skilled jobs.

7 hours ago, dbrenn said:

You mean you didn't notice the clear differences between the first three versions? 

I too missed the the passing of 1, 2, and 3.

Come to think of it, I didn't hear announcement of the details of those iterations either. At all. Anywhere. At any time in the past.

Oh well, must have been taking my afternoon nap that day  I suppose . . .

I guess '4' must be an 'auspicious' number?

OK, let us see the details. The last what I recall no was about increasing the quality of teaching by reducing the actual teaching time. One sentence I clearly remember from the explanation: The Thaai students are overloaded. 

16 hours ago, Shroud said:

So you're saying that your western media is free and smart, or just a propaganda media output to dumb people even further down the road?  

But this story isn't about the media, as such, but rather the government's policy announcement to create a new type of citizen, the stuff of totalitarian regimes. So I wasn't commenting about "my western media" nor any other nation's media. I was commenting on a policy, pure and simple. Thus, I suggest you learn to more carefully read and interpret posts, before jumping in with an irrelevant comment. 

On 1/2/2017 at 7:35 AM, dbrenn said:

Prayuth obviously just read Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. The classic definition of a dystopian fascist state. 

It is amazing how prescient Brave New World was and how Huxley must have popped into a time machine and visited present-day Thailand. In that amazing book, the refrain that comes again and again is that 'everyone is happy now' and that the people must be conditioned to display 'infantile behaviour'. Stunningly accurate. I nearly fell off my chair when re-reading this great novel very recently. 

Yes, Huxley certainly had a vision of modern Thailand!

5 hours ago, Eligius said:

It is amazing how prescient Brave New World was and how Huxley must have popped into a time machine and visited present-day Thailand. In that amazing book, the refrain that comes again and again is that 'everyone is happy now' and that the people must be conditioned to display 'infantile behaviour'. Stunningly accurate. I nearly fell off my chair when re-reading this great novel very recently. 

Yes, Huxley certainly had a vision of modern Thailand!

Agreed - Prayuth's mantra of 'happiness' for the people is a direct correspondence to Huxley's book. Thailand also has lots of orgy porgy to satisfy the masses and Thai TV, with its mind numbing and infantile content, is their equivalent of soma.

1 hour ago, dbrenn said:

Agreed - Prayuth's mantra of 'happiness' for the people is a direct correspondence to Huxley's book. Thailand also has lots of orgy porgy to satisfy the masses and Thai TV, with its mind numbing and infantile content, is their equivalent of soma.

Brilliant post, Dbrenn. Spot on. Amazing correspondences between 'Brave New World' and today's Thailand.

11 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Brilliant post, Dbrenn. Spot on. Amazing correspondences between 'Brave New World' and today's Thailand.

Prayuth's a clever man. Everyone is happy now, and anyone who isn't is banished to a place of attitude adjustment. Those foreigners, with all their worries and criticisms, are the new savages.

Edited by dbrenn

• 9 months later...
On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:14 AM, webfact said:

PM: All govt. unit should prepare to create "Thai people 4.0"

BANGKOK, 2 January 2017 (NNT) – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has instructed all government units to urgently develop “Thai people 4.0” in preparation for the changing world. He suggested that they use technology to create jobs and propel the economy

10 MONTHS now, since I started on TV, and how are we doing? The great thing, regardless of the fact that nothing's come out of Government House - the ex-Eastern Tigers Boys Club - is that you hear everyone chanting “Thai people 4.0” at Tesco and 7-11. And, at the CCP gas stations, the attendants are actually singing about it, as they fill you in up; "Come, let us fill you up with gasoline; in preparation for the changing world, oh-ye!"

And, the technology for creating jobs . . . what technology and what jobs? Prayut is good at one thing . . . no, two things: lying, whilst keeping a straight face.  Oh, yes . . . and dreaming.

Edited by Ossy
correction