Graffiti on wall near Turkish embassy in Bangkok prompts police response

webfact

Graffiti on wall near Turkish embassy prompts police response

p1.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- Some graffiti written on the wall of a house near the Turkish embassy in Bangkok has prompted police to mount a security operation.

The message in Turkish said: GRUM YORUM SUSTRULAMAZ.

Samples of the paint used for the message were collected and a cigarette butt found at the scene is being checked for DNA.

Witnesses and CCTV in the area are being scrutinized.

Police top brass were in the area last night ostensibly as part of a nationwide "New Year protection" alert ordered by national police chief Chakthip Chaijinda, reports Thairath.

Police said there was no specific threat but bomb teams and K9 sniffer dog units have been active at embassies, in Sanam Luang and around the Ratchprasong Intersection, the scene of the Erawan bombing outrage.

The message on the wall was followed by a checkpoint set up at the end of Soi Jatsan that leads to the Turkish Embassy in Suthisarn district of northern Bangkok. Surachet Hakpan of 191 police and other top officers were there in person to check operations.

A translation from Google translate of the message is: 'Group' comments cannot be silenced.

Dozens of people died in Turkey at the weekend after a gunman opened fire in a high end nightclub and there have been many terrorist outrages in the country over the last year.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-03

39 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Looks like something is fermenting. Somebody is stewed up about something. I wonder what??

the turkish govt is trying to find out who made the posts in support of the shooting.  I assume that is what it is.  Why in bkk?  IDK

The graffity is written in Turkish language, and as the Turkish language is about only known by people of geographical(!*) Turkish origine...

Alas, it seems no TV poster reads Turkish, to tell us what the words, really, mean. Knowing what s...t Google can make out of a few words translated from/to Thai...

The signature (like a capital 'A' enclosed in a circle) at the underside of the graffity rings a bell though, I remember having seen it quite some time on the walls of European cities, but I can't 'situate' it at the time. Would it possibly have something to do with Kurdish movements fighting against Turkish occupation //for an independent Kurdish state...?

(*) 'geographical', because there are many ethnic minorities living on the territories controled by the Turkish ethnic group and commonly called Turkey, having little or no rights or freedom to live according to their ancestral customs, or to be educated in their original language, only Turkish being allowed...

Edited by bangrak

17 minutes ago, bangrak said:

The graffity is written in Turkish language, and as the Turkish language is about only known by people of geographical(!*) Turkish origine...

Actually there are small groups spread over quite an area who speak Turkish- Northern Cyprus (official), Cyprus (official), Bulgaria, Macedonia, Greece, Iran,[1]Azerbaijan,[2] Kosovo, Romania, Iraq, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Syria

The signature (like a capital 'A' enclosed in a circle) at the underside of the graffity rings a bell though, I remember having seen it quite some time on the walls of European cities- It's the anarchist symbol

Edited by johninbkk71

Outside by lunatic fanatics like Isil, it seems, truly, democratic countries' embassies are rarely victims of tagging or graffity.

When Turkey would, still, be, slowly, on its way towards democracy, like before the Islam integrists now lead by Erdogan, took full control of the country...  

6 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Here's some grafitti from Nicosia with that signature "A"....

no-borders.jpg

5 minutes ago, JerryinTH said:

A is for Anarchy... yawn. 

Sorry, 'JerryinTH', shame on me not to remember that, and thank you. 

11 minutes ago, johninbkk71 said:

Actually there are small groups spread over quite an area who speak Turkish- Northern Cyprus (official), Cyprus (official), Bulgaria, Macedonia, Greece, Iran,[1]Azerbaijan,[2] Kosovo, Romania, Iraq, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Syria

The signature (like a capital 'A' enclosed in a circle) at the underside of the graffity rings a bell though, I remember having seen it quite some time on the walls of European cities- It's the anarchist symbol

Thank you 'johninbkk71', at the end I should better have written Ottoman (//the Ottoman Empire), instead of Turkish.

Could it be the AKA?

The Turkish anarchists.

http://ideasandaction.info/2011/03/interview-with-turkish-anarchists/

tmp_4873-0000192542-300x228-363053227.jpg

Or the Turko-Kurdish anarchist organization DAF (Revolutionary Anarchist Action)?

https://insurrectionnewsworldwide.com/2016/09/25/turkey-kurdistan-interview-with-the-daf-revolutionary-anarchist-action/

tmp_4873-daf576927008.jpg

Edited by tukkytuktuk

My regards to all commenters happy new year to all....regarding the translation from google as i have to say sometimes it doesnt translate accurately...first of all in turkish  there us no word called .....grum... whoever wrote this he or she cant be from turkey for sure only native speakers can understand this..as for me i live here almost 20 years fluent in thai can read and write but even me still cant able to know all what native speakers can know...my best regards..

Edited by Canthailand
Mistype

1 hour ago, bangrak said:

Alas, it seems no TV poster reads Turkish, to tell us what the words, really, mean. Knowing what s...t Google can make out of a few words translated from/to Thai...

The signature (like a capital 'A' enclosed in a circle) at the underside of the graffity rings a bell though, I remember having seen it quite some time on the walls of European cities, but I can't 'situate' it at the time. Would it possibly have something to do with Kurdish movements fighting against Turkish occupation //for an independent Kurdish state...?

(*) 'geographical', because there are many ethnic minorities living on the territories controled by the Turkish ethnic group and commonly called Turkey, having little or no rights or freedom to live according to their ancestral customs, or to be educated in their original language, only Turkish being allowed...

The sign A in a circle always used to mean Anarchy back in the days of Punk rock at the end of the 70s/ early 80s......

To all of you posters in a dither over the various (and totally unrelated in meaning) Google translations: welcome to the crap-shoot that we call Google Translate.

I edit over 15,000 pages a year of Thai students trying to write in English at the Ph.D. level. I'm very familiar with the content, and usually know what they should be writing. Consequently, I can instantly and accurately tell when they've switched to Google Translate. Eighty percent of the grammar and 50% of the vocabulary breaks down.

One-word translations are generally OK. But a sentence? "Fuggedaboutit," as eloquently put by an Italian mobster.

Remember that, the next time you try to come up with a romantic pickup line pumped through GT--and then wonder why you got your face slapped.

I would place my bets on the poster who checked with his Turkish friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, bangrak said:

Amnesty international

17 hours ago, bangrak said:

Outside by lunatic fanatics like Isil, it seems, truly, democratic countries' embassies are rarely victims of tagging or graffity.

When Turkey would, still, be, slowly, on its way towards democracy, like before the Islam integrists now lead by Erdogan, took full control of the country...  

I think someone is peeved off as Erdogan took all that filthy oil money then sided with Russia .

17 hours ago, Fookhaht said:

To all of you posters in a dither over the various (and totally unrelated in meaning) Google translations: welcome to the crap-shoot that we call Google Translate.

I edit over 15,000 pages a year of Thai students trying to write in English at the Ph.D. level. I'm very familiar with the content, and usually know what they should be writing. Consequently, I can instantly and accurately tell when they've switched to Google Translate. Eighty percent of the grammar and 50% of the vocabulary breaks down.

One-word translations are generally OK. But a sentence? "Fuggedaboutit," as eloquently put by an Italian mobster.

Remember that, the next time you try to come up with a romantic pickup line pumped through GT--and then wonder why you got your face slapped.

I would place my bets on the poster who checked with his Turkish friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

And I would place my bets that post #2 was a tongue-in-cheek dig at the NLA announcement regarding the Thai election process and nothing to do with Google translate.