Why are there no Go-Go Bars in KhaoSarn Road ?

easybullet3

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the Yankees didn't have time to set up any before they lost the Vietnam war, packed up and went home.

But most sexpats find comfort in Pat Pong, Nana or Soi Cowboy. Although a lot of Thais wish that the Americans would have take those R&R areas with them when they left.

Edited by ThailandLOS

On 1/5/2017 at 4:46 PM, sanemax said:

Patpong & Nana plaza are the only places with go-go bars in BKK

KSR is a back packers place and they generally dont like sleazy paid for entertainment

I never knew Soi Cowboy closed down.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I never knew Soi Cowboy closed down.

It hasnt .

I always thought that soi Cowboy was the gay area across the road from Patpong .

I walked past it once and just assumed that was soi Cowboy

I not into the sex scene in BKK

khao san is extremely a popular tourist destination.. i see families frequenting that area 

To me it makes zero sense to have brothels, gogo bars, and any other type of red light district entertainment anywhere near khao san...

Even a clueless tourist knows if they want that type of entertainment they go to Soi Cowboy, Nana, or pat pong.

around soi 33 are  gogos too

Suk Soi 22 as well as soi 33

The bars on sois 33 and 22 are not really gogos. They're hostess bars where occasionally a girl or two will dance. Gogos should have a large number of girls dancing on stage in bikinis or short shorts, with visible numbers. Patpong, Nana Plaza, Cowboy and the Thai area that's been mentioned.

KSR is a back packers place and they generally dont like sleazy paid for entertainment

If you mean scantily clad girls dancing on a stage, there are many more areas in BKK for those types of bars. I would not give the backpackers the moral high-ground here. I suggest they may not have, or are not willing to spend, the money to support such places. However, the only time I have been to KSR in the last thirty years, I did notice some fairly upscale food and drink bars. 

On 1/5/2017 at 5:44 PM, easybullet3 said:

i completely disagree.

while backpackers are generally with LESS money, they are in Thailand and its pretty obvious that a gogo bar would be PACKED with wide eyed swedish girls, guys and foreigners wanting to see the famous sights of thailand.

when you see the amount of tourists drinking and partying around KhaoSarn road, i think your answer is not the correct one I was looking for.

Probably due to rules and regulations.anyway I don't miss em.

I was in a group off 9 people (backpackers ) A FEW YRS AGO EVERY ONE OF THEM 

where at Universities,thats why they backpack,tourists of the future,and HISO ones 

to boot..............any one bought drinks in Sweden ??? this place is half the price

than there........

Edited by KBsinter

55 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It hasnt .

I always thought that soi Cowboy was the gay area across the road from Patpong .

I walked past it once and just assumed that was soi Cowboy

I not into the sex scene in BKK

Well it's actually 50m off Sukhumvit and runs between soi 21 & 23 if you wanna have a peak. The whole soi turns into a street food market daytime and has a decent Dutch restaurant at the soi 23 corner.

Edited by ThailandLOS

9 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

It is not made up of gogos oriented to westerners, but is this not the area that also houses places like Poseidon, Emmanuelle and Ceasars palace as well as a number of swanky "Gentlemen's hostess clubs"... in addition to the regular nightclubs? 

What about the Gentlemen's clubs in Thonglor and Ekkamai?   They may not be gogos, but every time I go to those places we pay for a bunch of girls to entertain us and anything you want is on offer.  

Rooms upstairs, Karaoke rooms, the live shows, table girls etc

I actually prefer those clubs to the crappy Gogos in Nana, Cowboy etc.

Never heard of Soi Cowboy? Or Saphan Kwai for local consumption. If not, you should not be writing about something you know nothing about.

19 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Rumor has it that the Nana entertainment complex may not be there a whole lot longer. Apparently the site is wanted for development and the landlord is willing to sell. There was a thread on here recently about it along with other places closing down. 

A story that goes around every couple of years. It's still there, and not so long ago a huge amount of money was spent on upgrading the place. Not something anyone would do if it was going to closed down.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Never heard of Soi Cowboy? Or Saphan Kwai for local consumption. If not, you should not be writing about something you know nothing about.

As Ive previously stated , paid for company isnt really my scene .

On 1/5/2017 at 5:44 PM, easybullet3 said:

i completely disagree.

while backpackers are generally with LESS money, they are in Thailand and its pretty obvious that a gogo bar would be PACKED with wide eyed swedish girls, guys and foreigners wanting to see the famous sights of thailand.

when you see the amount of tourists drinking and partying around KhaoSarn road, i think your answer is not the correct one I was looking for.

Come on easy,      I'll bet you're really just "asking for a friend".    smile.gif

wow... are you out of touch and or  a lil dim. they do not have the buckaroo's for entertainment sleazy or not . and who are you to tell us what they want ? patpong and nana the only place ? dude you should get out more ....................

Edited by mikiea

You forgot my favorite "The Cowboy" !!

4 minutes ago, mikiea said:

wow... are you out of touch and or  a lil dim. they do not have the buckaroo's for entertainment sleazy or not . and who are you to tell us what they want ? patpong and nana the only place ? dude you should get out more ....................

I should get out more ?

I can still recall the times in the early 1990's when I was a lot younger and anything went in the bars, upstairs with no restrictions . Full on  .

If any of such places still exist , PM the places and I will check them out

Everything just seems so tamed these days .

I always wondered how those snakes could breathe . 

Were they were holding their breath or whether they could survive in there for a few minutes ?

7 minutes ago, gchurch259 said:

I was going to say Backpackers were a little too cheap for the Go Go Bars, but Frugal, sounds better !!

I believe there are also enough "Back Packer Ladies" to care for them,

If sights of naked female flesh is what you need , backpacking females tend to show more than patpong dancers

On 5.1.2017 at 5:44 PM, easybullet3 said:

i completely disagree.

well,

I think sanemax is close to spot on

Khao San area is mostly filled with the young crowd,

they are in LoS for look/see (touristy stuff) and for partying, not for P4P.

GoGo bars in KSR would not make a profit me thinks.

On 05/01/2017 at 3:14 PM, easybullet3 said:

i completely disagree.

They buy their beer chang from 7/11's for 30 baht. Theyre not going to pay 200 baht a beer and a piece of thai pussy to look at.