Election to be held early next year, PM tells Canadian envoy

webfact

Agree that it doesn't matter when a fraudulent election is held as in Thailand whether it's a military or obliguary government they are both BS in governance failure thereafter. I guess what has been pleasant over the last two years under the junta is at least Thais are only killing themselves at the usual method of driving and drunk etc. and not like under the obliguary rule or treasonous attempts at grabbing rule of the Shinawatra scumbags where they were dying for political believe. 

Aussies and principles? Now you are really taking the p!ss

Edited by Roadman
In reply to post 30

3 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Oh yes!  Us non  Thais  know everything  and the Thais  know nothing,

well that is as it seems to be on this Forum.    Sometimes I am surperised

with all the experts that I read on  here.  I have been coming to this country since

the late 90s  and I try to study a lot about it,  but in reality I know a lot less

than my Thai relatives do  about the Thai politics.

Geezer

Well, in reality I know a lot more than my Thai relatives do about about the Thai politics, so that balances it out somewhat...

2 hours ago, Roadman said:

Agree that it doesn't matter when a fraudulent election is held as in Thailand whether it's a military or obliguary government they are both BS in governance failure thereafter. I guess what has been pleasant over the last two years under the junta is at least Thais are only killing themselves at the usual method of driving and drunk etc. and not like under the obliguary rule or treasonous attempts at grabbing rule of the Shinawatra scumbags where they were dying for political believe. 

Aussies and principles? Now you are really taking the p!ss

My missus knows nothing about politics here. This is simply because she's jaded when it comes to politics here so she covers her ears and gets on with her life. She's fortunate to have a good job so feels she doesn't have to involve herself. 

I know quite a lot about US and Thai politics because I live here and the US is the biggest player on the planet. Also, because it's like a soap opera. It would be funny if it wasn't real. Where as I feel politics should be at the forefront of a meaningful conversation, most Thais I meet don't. I guess many don't feel significant enough to be able to make a change. Like the minority in the world, they don't know their power. I once asked some friends here what's taboo and they said 'politics'. So you can see why many don't make it their business to know. 

31 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

My missus knows nothing about politics here. This is simply because she's jaded when it comes to politics here so she covers her ears and gets on with her life. She's fortunate to have a good job so feels she doesn't have to involve herself. 

I know quite a lot about US and Thai politics because I live here and the US is the biggest player on the planet. Also, because it's like a soap opera. It would be funny if it wasn't real. Where as I feel politics should be at the forefront of a meaningful conversation, most Thais I meet don't. I guess many don't feel significant enough to be able to make a change. Like the minority in the world, they don't know their power. I once asked some friends here what's taboo and they said 'politics'. So you can see why many don't make it their business to know. 

imo US politics is far more of a soap opera than Thailand at the moment with the future President busy twittering nonsense day and night. And as for Duterte- Has a country's leader ever sprouted such garbage over the last 100 years?

And both these leaders came from elections!- so much for democracy.

54 minutes ago, bannork said:

imo US politics is far more of a soap opera than Thailand at the moment with the future President busy twittering nonsense day and night. And as for Duterte- Has a country's leader ever sprouted such garbage over the last 100 years?

And both these leaders came from elections!- so much for democracy.

So the system is wrong because the candidates are crap? What about when an army stages a coup, abolishes elections and installs their own crappy leader indefinitely. That's a better way of doing things?

8 minutes ago, baboon said:

So the system is wrong because the candidates are crap? What about when an army stages a coup, abolishes elections and installs their own crappy leader indefinitely. That's a better way of doing things?

The system in the USA certainly seems at fault. Hilary received over 3 million more votes. Plus only a millionaire or one backed by corporate America has any chance of winning.

Prayuth is not here indefinitely and at least he doesn't pretend to be a democrat unlike Thaksin.

Thailand needs parties owned by their members not personal fiefdoms. 

13 minutes ago, bannork said:

The system in the USA certainly seems at fault. Hilary received over 3 million more votes. Plus only a millionaire or one backed by corporate America has any chance of winning.

Prayuth is not here indefinitely and at least he doesn't pretend to be a democrat unlike Thaksin.

Thailand needs parties owned by their members not personal fiefdoms. 

Then why did he say he is a democratic soldier preserving democracy?

2 hours ago, baboon said:

Then why did he say he is a democratic soldier preserving democracy?

Because he was angry with Yingluk saying democracy was dead in Thailand. Obviously I don't know what he really thinks but he may have regarded like many do that democracy was a sham under the Shinawats where after voting the people then had no power .

Nearly 2 years ago now.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha hit back at former prime ministerYingluckShinawatra asking whether democracy was already dead as the latter wrote in her Facebook page.

“We are building democracy everyday – every ministry, every department are striving toward development projects. I have not handed out money to these and those people after the coup or seized the power for myself.  I would say this is more democratic than normal. I beg you people to understand the meaning of democracy more thoroughly.  Good democracy is a system that takes all people alike whether they are rich or poor or in the middle income bracket.  Whatever the people may say, I think about the poor first,” said General Prayut.

Asked whether democracy was already dead, the prime minister hit the left side of his chest with his right clenched fist and announced “not dead.  Democracy will never die from Thailand because I am a democratic soldier but I stay in power because I want democracy to survive”.

He asked the media not to keep pushing for the exit of his government saying that it has been in the office for just 6-7 months.  He insisted that his government had been trying to resolve all problems before handing power to the new government.

23 minutes ago, bannork said:

Because he was angry with Yingluk saying democracy was dead in Thailand. Obviously I don't know what he really thinks but he may have regarded like many do that democracy was a sham under the Shinawats where after voting the people then had no power .

Nearly 2 years ago now.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha hit back at former prime ministerYingluckShinawatra asking whether democracy was already dead as the latter wrote in her Facebook page.

“We are building democracy everyday – every ministry, every department are striving toward development projects. I have not handed out money to these and those people after the coup or seized the power for myself.  I would say this is more democratic than normal. I beg you people to understand the meaning of democracy more thoroughly.  Good democracy is a system that takes all people alike whether they are rich or poor or in the middle income bracket.  Whatever the people may say, I think about the poor first,” said General Prayut.

Asked whether democracy was already dead, the prime minister hit the left side of his chest with his right clenched fist and announced “not dead.  Democracy will never die from Thailand because I am a democratic soldier but I stay in power because I want democracy to survive”.

He asked the media not to keep pushing for the exit of his government saying that it has been in the office for just 6-7 months.  He insisted that his government had been trying to resolve all problems before handing power to the new government.

He is just spouting some flapdoodle he wants his audience to hear. What he says and what he really wants / does have been proven to be very different things.

I'm just mightily relieved it isn't me that feels the need to stand up for him - You must surely know in your heart of hearts the man is nothing but a liability.

18 hours ago, baboon said:

I would imagine that by November or December the date will have already have been pushed back to mid to late 2018 anyway, judging by past performances. 

When he is sure he will be elected and will be Prime Minister than we will see elections.

I recall that at one time he said "I will never go".

The embarrassing  aspect of the story is that Canada sent Ms Pottie to Thailand. How the General kept from laughing in her face, let alone bothered with her, is  testament to the politeness of Thais.

IMO she's a waste of space, and was sent to Thailand to dump her somewhere. She lives in the deluded world of career civil servants  drawn from  small town  white people who never knew a visible minority  when they were growing up, but learnt all about them in school and now have white people guilt syndrome.

48 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

The embarrassing  aspect of the story is that Canada sent Ms Pottie to Thailand. How the General kept from laughing in her face, let alone bothered with her, is  testament to the politeness of Thais.

IMO she's a waste of space, and was sent to Thailand to dump her somewhere. She lives in the deluded world of career civil servants  drawn from  small town  white people who never knew a visible minority  when they were growing up, but learnt all about them in school and now have white people guilt syndrome.

I just wish I could disagree with you. That video was simply horrible, considering the current political situation in Thailand currently.