Police unsure how French tourist died after body found on Koh Chang beach

rooster59

Police unsure how French tourist died after body found on Koh Chang beach

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOtTrfUxHQNjXjLsyPaLdWbc2oIQ0heETPEHlFazn.jpg

Image: Thairath

Police are still trying to establish the cause of death of a French man whose body was found on Lonely Beach, Koh Chang.

The 56 year old man [name withheld] was found kneeling under a banyan tree shortly before 5:30pm on Friday.

Police told Thairath the man had no visible injuries but believed the had been dead for around two or three hours before his body was found.

Police were able to identify the man from his passport which he was carrying with him. However, after questioning locals and carrying out a brief examination of the man’s body, were unable to say how he had died.

Police confirmed the man’s body has been sent to Koh Chang hospital for post mortem examination to establish official cause of death.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-07

8 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Huh? What happened to the usual word " SUICIDE " ? ?

He was kneeling before the tree praying before committing the act.RIP mon frère

So if you see somebody kneeling your brian thinks " SUICIDE". Weird brain you have.

In my brain came up he maybe had a stroke or heart attack and collapsed against the tree. But maybe i don't have a normal brain :saai:

2 hours ago, Foexie said:

So if you see somebody kneeling your brian thinks " SUICIDE". Weird brain you have.

In my brain came up he maybe had a stroke or heart attack and collapsed against the tree. But maybe i don't have a normal brain :saai:

With time, you'll get used to the automatic assumption made by the RTP,  that any unexplained farang death is automatically labeled a suicide.

And again, unfortunately this is not cynicism...  and we (TV posters) rail against the assumption endlessly.

7 hours ago, Foexie said:

I worked with a fellow who had a heart attack and was found in his office, kneeling next to his desk...several people even walked by his open office, not noticing anything that would indicate he had died...like the fellow here, he was in his 50s...it's terrifying to think life can end so quickly, but I suppose that's the best way to go...

On 1/7/2017 at 3:53 PM, Mickmouse1 said:

Huh? What happened to the usual word " SUICIDE " ? ?

He was kneeling before the tree praying before committing the act.RIP mon frère

RIP, and condolences to his family and loved ones.

For RTP, it is less work to conclude "drunk accident" than suicide. 

Archived