Video: Hunt on for foreigners who disrespected Thai flag

webfact

19 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

absolutely

high pranks (stupid pranks) but that is ALL they don't deserve the death penalty even in this xenophobic, nationalist country

Not one person has mentioned death penalty (as far as I have read)....you are taking this to the extreme.

People are only suggesting 1. Fines 2. Prison term 3. telling off 4. all three

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

Northern Italy on the Austrian border area they speak a sort of German (Austrian)/Italian dialect, beautiful part of Italy.

Tirol, it's a brilliant place but the locals ( German speakers) don't like the Italians and get insulted if you call them as such. 

8 minutes ago, sioux2012 said:

Not one person has mentioned death penalty (as far as I have read)....you are taking this to the extreme.

what about grinding their nuts to dust :smile:

10 minutes ago, sioux2012 said:

metaphor and sarcasm not meant literally 

Just now, sanemax said:

In what way do the Thais "love the Nazi swastika" ?

Ive seen the odd person wearing a t-shirt with it on, but they are few and far between 

just because they do not know or care about the history of a logo, does not mean that it is an acceptable fashion icon. And you will find more than a "few" examples.

20 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

metaphor and sarcasm not meant literally 

That is the problem when you exaggerate and use extremes, extreme words, you meay mean things sarcastically, but it doesnt come across that way, people take it literally and reply and it reduces the discussion to non sense .

Try staying within the bounds of the situation and stop exaggerating the situation, you constantly do this 

7 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

just because they do not know or care about the history of a logo, does not mean that it is an acceptable fashion icon. And you will find more than a "few" examples.

There probably are a few examples, but thats hardly "Thais loving the Nazi Swastika" is it , a few misguided Thais wear it because they like the design 

Ok they were drunk but couldnt they have settled for a minor crime like murder or rape? 

Next thing they will admit to also kicking a soi dog off camera, all this would probably add up to the death penalty. 

Edited by Kaalle

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That is the problem when you exaggerate and use extremes, extreme words, you meay mean things sarcastically, but it doesnt come across that way, people take it literally and reply and it reduces the discussion to non sense .

Try staying within the bounds of the situation and stop exaggerating the situation, you constantly do this 

you gather this from one reply?  I think most people with average intelligence knew just what I meant including a posters  "what about grinding their nuts to dust"  you take that literally too?  engage brain please 

8 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

you gather this from one reply?  I think most people with average intelligence knew just what I meant including a posters  "what about grinding their nuts to dust"  you take that literally too?  engage brain please 

If you write that "They dont deserve the death penalty", one is likely to assume that someone suggested that they did .

So, how about keeping your replies in context to what other people have said .

Just to avoid confusion .

1 hour ago, Mangostin said:

Here is another one pretending that everything is good in Thailand as it's exactly as anywhere else in the world (yes same same but different), and hoping two teens will get lynched for having done a damage worth a couple of US dollars....you can't really make this stuff up, TTT :WPFflags:

Look at my statement. I didnt say all is good in Thailand. There r problems but its not as bad as u have put it across in yours. 

I didnt say they should be lynched.. what a word. I said they should be caught, prosecuted for their irresponsible actions. Saying that, if they r juveniles 18 n 20, then try them in a juvenile court n no more than that. I do not know what is the sentence meted out yet. If it is too harsh, i will voice out my disapproval no doubt. Lets be fair.

But u r stating they r clueless teenagers who didnt know what is right n wrong. Then why arent they accompanied by adults, parents or guardians? Obviously they r deem mature enough to be left alone, so yup they should be dealt with accordingly to the laws of this land but no more than juveniles. Hope it will be a lesson learnt for this 2 teens. 

And i m sure u r sensible enough to know that u should never damage or destroy what the property of others and also what might be important to others too. I m sure u will teach your own kids if u have them to be good n sensible too. 

Edited by Moonmoon

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

WOW   

17 pages and we finally get to the real meat of the matter.

It's the "Thailand, love it or leave it brigade"

Woo Hoo..

Woooooh, its the - "I hate Thailand, but Id rather criticize everything, cause thats the cool thing to do on Thaivisa, then actually go somewhere I might be happy" brigade.

40 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If you write that "They dont deserve the death penalty", one is likely to assume that someone suggested that they did .

So, how about keeping your replies in context to what other people have said .

Just to avoid confusion .

How about you stop stalking me on every thread?  it's not meant literally and only you are going on about it to distract from your farang-rak-thai mak mak posts

21 hours ago, soalbundy said:

It is organized religion

Ah yes organized religion just one of many bouncing balls in the air at any given moment thus the old saying "keep your eye on the ball" The government is constantly trying to shift your gaze onto the balls that they want you to watch. Watching the corrupt government balls really takes b...s

5 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

How about you stop stalking me on every thread? 

There you go, exaggerating again.

I am not stalking you in "every thread"

Ive replied to you 6 or so times in one, maybe two threads and as you have been replying to me, its certainly not "stalking", let alone "stalking in every thread"

8 minutes ago, hugh2121 said:

I could understand a charge of criminal damage.

A flag is a piece of coloured cloth?

U r right.

There r belongings n property that belongs to a single private entity n also public as well.

What might be important to 1 for eg a family heirloom or maybe a motorbike might not be as important to others simply because its does not belong to anothet person.

A national flag in this case might be a piece of cloth to other nationalites but would be held dear by many in this case making it a public property, a national symbol.

I would not go n vandalise another persons property or destroy another kid's hand me downs just because it is of no importance to me.

If someone is caught doing so, then they have to face the music. For the punishment n sentence for the degree of crime, lets debate again on that when we know what is meted out.

Two Italians charged for disrespecting Thai flag

Phuket Gazette 

pkt3.jpeg

The suspects were charged with property damage, as well as damaging and disrespecting the national flag. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

KRABI: -- Two Italian tourists were arrested on Sunday after CCTV footage showing them disrespecting the Thai flag and damaging public property in Krabi emerged on social media the day before.

The video shows the men – named Ian Gerstgrasser and Tobias Gamper – pulling down the flags and dragging them on the ground. 

The footage has been shared thousands of times on Facebook, with several commentators demanding immediate punishments for both men, saying they had disrespected the Kingdom and should be held accountable. Comments also included veiled threats, warning the men to ‘be careful on the streets of Thailand’.

Following their arrest, both men apologized to the police and public, claiming that they were drunk and not in control of their actions. 

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Two-Italians-charged-disrespecting-Thai-flag/66110?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-01-10

On 09/01/2017 at 11:55 AM, Thaiwrath said:

First thing I learnt when I visited many years ago was respect.

It is not asking too much, is it ? 

Yes now that is a nice word to learn, Respect. Most but not all farangs know what it means, others have a slow learning curve

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

Two Italians charged for disrespecting Thai flag

Phuket Gazette 

pkt3.jpeg

The suspects were charged with property damage, as well as damaging and disrespecting the national flag. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

KRABI: -- Two Italian tourists were arrested on Sunday after CCTV footage showing them disrespecting the Thai flag and damaging public property in Krabi emerged on social media the day before.

The video shows the men – named Ian Gerstgrasser and Tobias Gamper – pulling down the flags and dragging them on the ground. 

The footage has been shared thousands of times on Facebook, with several commentators demanding immediate punishments for both men, saying they had disrespected the Kingdom and should be held accountable. Comments also included veiled threats, warning the men to ‘be careful on the streets of Thailand’.

Following their arrest, both men apologized to the police and public, claiming that they were drunk and not in control of their actions. 

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Two-Italians-charged-disrespecting-Thai-flag/66110?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-01-10

It would seem that the editor and reporters of the Phuket Gazette don't regard the culprits as 'kids' either. They refer to them as men and that is what they appear to be.

20 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Yes now that is a nice word to learn, Respect. Most but not all farangs know what it means, others have a slow learning curve

Don't think we need to learn that in Thailand as the word Respect is spell in English.

if the concept is too hard to grasp, here's a song to sing along to

Edited by Moonmoon

16 hours ago, 6thST said:

Hmmm wandering around at 3:00 am ripping down Flags is not the norm...A no brainier! I see too many of these kids as you call them show no respect they walk around drinking beer on the streets wearing no shirts and being loud and rude.

Oh, the horror...

Want me to chase them of your lawn, grandpa?

:coffee1: