Pattaya - Hua Hin ferry criticized as tourists left waiting at Bali Hai

webfact

Pattaya - Hua Hin ferry criticized as tourists left waiting at Bali Hai

3p.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

PATTAYA: -- Tourists have criticized the new Pattaya to Hua Hin ferry operators after they were left waiting at the Bali Hai pier on Saturday.

Manager online reported that a number of tourists believed the Saturday sailing would leave from Pattaya in the morning. But when they got there having left their cars parked for the day, they found out the sailing was not until the afternoon, reports Manager Online.

They grumbled that the company - Royal Passenger Liner - had not provided enough information after the first successful crossing was accomplished on Thursday.

That sailing left from Pattaya in the morning at 8.30am. But Saturday's schedule was for it to leave Hua Hin at 8.30 arriving in Pattaya at 10.30. It wouldn't leave Pattaya until 3pm.

Representatives from the operators had to deal with several angry people who felt that their time and money had been wasted.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-09

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

So the ferry timetable is, how to say........flexible?

Yes, very flexible. The tourist will be the last to know just as a farange teacher in a Thai school is always the last to know he or she has no class to teach today, but the students knew well ahead of time.

22 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

But at least it has made half a round trip in 7 days. Better than i expected, hasnt sunk, nobody killed yet and food vendors arent set up along the gunnels.

the day is not over. :coffee1:

it is raining cats and dogs all day in Hua Hin today.

and no end in sight as the storm moves north.

bad timing to launch the ferry during this huge storm generating so much wind and wave action.

Edited by NCC1701A

Common people stop criticizing the ferry people It was on time The tourists did not know it was Thai Time

Everyone should know that  "JUST A MINUTE"  can stretch for hours and hours 

This is why the government is soooo good here They are working on a time schedule 

And after the PM waved his chubby hand and proclaimed the service a total success.  He just seems to dare fate.

People should be told how long they will have to wait.  If they wait a terribly long time, they should be given a free ticket for a future journey.   Don't give this service much of a chance to survive more than 2-3 months.

15 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

Common people stop criticizing the ferry people It was on time The tourists did not know it was Thai Time

Everyone should know that  "JUST A MINUTE"  can stretch for hours and hours 

This is why the government is soooo good here They are working on a time schedule 

I thought it was just part of the 20 year seachart

Without being negative the service would do well to survive a year. 

The problem are as follows:

1. Not enough customers during the off season.

2. Weather - we are now in the good part of the year for sea crossings, wait for the raining season.

3. Rough seas and tourist dont go together, people like comfort.

4. Delays in service due to weather, breakdowns and management.

The vessels planned activity over the launch period was published on the 5th (including HH 8.30 morning departures 7th -10th, P 8.30 morning departures 13th-15th, 15.00 return trips from both destinations)

As the service is still "proving" (maintenance and checks 11th, official opening on the 12th, free until 15th January) it would have been wise for a potential traveler to find out as much as possible first.

It's just taken me 10mins to retrieve that information.

I wonder how much time any of the thwarted freeloaders spent "planning"?

Edited by Enoon

3 hours ago, webfact said:

They grumbled that the company - Royal Passenger Liner - had not provided enough information after the first successful crossing was accomplished on Thursday.

Try finding a taxi schedule in Chiang Mai. Looked up Bali Hai interesting  South Pacific 1958...Bali Hai Bloody Mary: Most people live on a lonely island, Lost in the middle of a foggy sea ... Cannot be one in the same. I think this song is from South Pacific. 

9 minutes ago, wvavin said:

Is there anything this country that was properly done? I don't remember any!

Now you got me thinking. Give me a year or 2 (Lord willin and the creek don't rise here in the North) I will get back to you. Never colonized? not to sure.

18 minutes ago, Enoon said:

The vessels planned activity over the launch period was published on the 5th (including HH 8.30 morning departures 7th -10th, P 8.30 morning departures 13th-15th, 15.00 return trips from both destinations)

As the service is still "proving" (maintenance and checks 11th, official opening on the 12th, free until 15th January) it would have been wise for a potential traveler to find out as much as possible first.

I wonder how much time any of the thwarted freeloaders spent "planning"?

I guess in their minds free negates planning. All aboard!!

23 minutes ago, Enoon said:

The vessels planned activity over the launch period was published on the 5th 

Same, I just looked it up as well.

But hey, as with soo many other threads, so many postets would rather just be lazy and criticise the Thais, even if its in no way their fault.

6 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Smarten up Minister Kobkarn if you want to attract tourists to your country! Get these problems sorted quickly. Remember, action speaks louder than words. :post-4641-1156693976:

What problem? It was the tourists failt for not looking up the timetable. It's not hard, or do you expect him to personally go to every room in every hotel and personally give everyone the ferries timetable

2 minutes ago, psyvolt said:

What problem? It was the tourists failt for not looking up the timetable. It's not hard, or do you expect him to personally go to every room in every hotel and personally give everyone the ferries timetable

"Him" is a her. Did you think this timetable "problem" has been the only problem? Rhetorical question.

26 minutes ago, psyvolt said:

Not intending to use the ferry so won't look up the timetable. Where did you find it? Is it displayed at the terminal or booking office?

Not doubting your word, just interested in knowing if it's easy for people to find the info.

4 hours ago, trogers said:

Seems there is only one vessel...??

When the full service commences, 16th Jan, the second vessel will come on line so that there are simultaneous 8.30 departures from HH and P.

The third will be rotated into service as the others are each laid up for routine maintenance or necessary repairs.

Normal practice and not really very "amusing".

Edited by Enoon

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Oh dear, only a week old and the complaints have started already :passifier:

That's not true. People were complaining on TV months before the first voyage. Undoubtedly all over Pattaya there are some smug expats now chugging their Chang with some smug sense of purpose. Isn't it nice to be right? 

I am so excited that things aren't going well for the ferry I am going to run down to the pub and tell everybody all about how I knew this would happen. I may even shower and change my wifebeater first.