xcell

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fortunately I slept over it.

Read somewhere that from "late night" no international sites could be reached from ToT fibre.

When I started up this morning (when?) on the smartphone (WiFi) all fine.

Hacked?

Not necessarily.

A fault or human error?

2 hours ago, jcates29 said:

I called TOT this morning due to the outage.  They told me that an undersea cable has been cut in the south of Thailand, resulting in the outage.  I can only get online using my AIS phone as a mobile Hotspot.   No idea when TOT service will resume.

...they might be splicing in the 'one gateway'.

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Wouldn't all ISPs be affected by an undersea cable or does each have it's own cable?

There are multiple undersea cables as well as overland and satellite links connecting the country to  the rest of the world

the excuse that "the undersea cable" was cut is often rolled out to get rid of pesky customers  demanding to know why their internet is down.

To me it seemed like TOT's DNS servers where down for a while.

There is a damaged undersea cable but it has been damaged for months, links to Singapore if I remember rightly. We have a new fibre optic receiving station built on the beach here in Taphong, Rayong so hopefully the international speeds will be better in the future.

Has anyone had trouble with online 90 day reporting, I've successfully reported but unable to get on the site to download and print the confirmation pdf?.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online 

Down here on the dark side until about an hour ago. Running slow and erratic still. Received a couple of hacked Facebook posts last week but I think that is s Facebook problem. One from my wife's sister - a testimonial and video advertising Durex condoms.  

4 minutes ago, akentryan said:

Down here on the dark side until about an hour ago. Running slow and erratic still. Received a couple of hacked Facebook posts last week but I think that is s Facebook problem. One from my wife's sister - a testimonial and video advertising Durex condoms.  

Trying to watch BBC on filmon and it pauses frequently.

Hi, this is my 1st post here. Hello everyone!

Its funny, was just wondering why we could not connect to internet this morning. WiFi is working, Wifi adapter into my PC says its working.

We called our guy at TOT and he said it was because of the rains and floodings.

Everything worked great until bedtime last night..all well.

So I started checking files on the PC. The trouble shooter program always came back with  "an error has occured,. trouble shooting wizard cannot continue",  

Also when I clicked "more details", it said "Restricted"

So I kept checking......

Here is what I found:  The IP address for the Network Card has been denied by the DHCP

IP Lease denied.

This stuff just gets me going, so I tried another thing: Click Control Panel

then Location and other sencers

Event Viewer

Administrative Events

Choose one, right click

Select Event Properties.

Mine shows over 200 "Events" of denial or Microsoft shut your sever, or blocked it, and on and on.

In my own opinion, as whats happening now around the world, all governments are putting in place mechanisms to shut down all communications, in the event of a "World Event". Stay tuned for your Orwellian messages.

Sorry, just my opinion.

I started this post over 2 hrs ago when the 1st poster posted "Has TOT been hacked.?

Well, Our landlord came to check our watertank, it was flowing over.

He said "the cable from Singapore was cut"  (as I see others have mentioned here)

OH, he is an Engineer inside TOT..

I told him Governments were testing their ability to severe communications.

He responded by saying, No, its to block outside Governments from attack the Thai Monarchy

Anyways, hope that helps,

I am not a computer wiz, I just stumbled upon this, this. morning. I can do some things with PC's but not great stuff like many others.

Take care

It sometime happens, cable or router problems with no IP-address being assigned/leased to the individual clients – not only TOT, as other ISPs use the same "highway" – bask up running again some time around 10:30 am in my area in the South...:smile:

I am beginning to wonder if they are implementing the "Single Gateway"!

We were unable to connect properly, we had some download bandwidth, but upload was crippled. Strange thing was my VPN was able to access sites worldwide and connect as a download but not upload. Then after a few reconnects, the VPN came back with an error that the software and credentials had been corrupted?

Who knows the power of stupid people.

2 hours ago, localczar said:

May very well be the beginning of the single gateway...

Indeed, I think you might be correct, no doubt it will be implemented in the usual stupid and incompetent manner! Never mind, we can all sing along with General FuXB@it about dancing over the bridge!

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Fortunately I slept over it.

Read somewhere that from "late night" no international sites could be reached from ToT fibre.

When I started up this morning (when?) on the smartphone (WiFi) all fine.

Hacked?

Not necessarily.

A fault or human error?

As of 10PM last night it went dead - until this morning,  (Whilst you were sleeping, no international sites could be reached! As again tonight between about 7pm and 9pm, the internet was functioning, you could get a link to anywhere with a VPN except BANGKOK.

It was off again earlier between about 4-6pm.

No way is this down to the rain.

Too many weird things happening. Normally it is up or down, but last night it was if it was being restricted.

11 minutes ago, Generalchaos said:

Indeed, I think you might be correct, no doubt it will be implemented in the usual stupid and incompetent manner! Never mind, we can all sing along with General FuXB@it about dancing over the bridge!

if this single gateway nonsense becomes reality...it's like one poster's comment...."grab my coat". I would look seriously about relocating my domocile!

Xenophobia is shaping behaviours of the autocrats in TH.

20 minutes ago, Generalchaos said:

No...! I am NEVER right about anything....I hope....?? (555)

Now it seems ToT is back up to speed, at least here in Pattaya. Netflix, KODI, apple TV, etc all streaming HD seamlessly at the moment. But, it has been behaving like this intermittantly throughout most of the day...wait and see what this "general" has in store!

12 hours ago, jcates29 said:

I called TOT this morning due to the outage.  They told me that an undersea cable has been cut in the south of Thailand, resulting in the outage.  I can only get online using my AIS phone as a mobile Hotspot.   No idea when TOT service will resume.

If the undersea cable was cut or eaten by sharks it really does not explain why I cannot get in touch with my promise of an unusual sexual relationship with the Ladyboy I contacted in Chiang Mai on Thai Friendly does it? She/He/It does not require a connection via Singapore.

21 minutes ago, localczar said:

if this single gateway nonsense becomes reality...it's like one poster's comment...."grab my coat". I would look seriously about relocating my domocile!

Xenophobia is shaping behaviours of the autocrats in TH.

You worry about the single gateway as a sign of Xenophobia? Jesus, just poke your head out of your bedsheets, it is rampant in this country. Every door you try to open here is riddled with hate and derision for a non Thai. The single Gateway and Lese Majeste and the new amendment to the constitution that advocates the DEATH PENALTY for corruption amongst politicians is just another way to limit freedom of speech and control of dissent, no one will be executed or jailed with their New Law, it will be used to silence any opposition. Just make sure you don't buy a Thai a Christmas or Birthday present or you might be beheaded for corruption.

Edited by Generalchaos

7 minutes ago, Generalchaos said:

If the undersea cable was cut or eaten by sharks it really does not explain why I cannot get in touch with my promise of an unusual sexual relationship with the Ladyboy I contacted in Chiang Mai on Thai Friendly does it? She/He/It does not require a connection via Singapore.

This is likely a lost in translation and quite in line with the explanations and pictures on the FB page.

Your remark about thaifriendly:

how can I say it politely and not being warned by another mod :biggrin:

Your ideas about the structures on the internet are a bit "simplistic".

Thaifriendly.com server IS located in Singapore as is thaivisa.com.

There are good reasons NOT to host in Thailand.

2 minutes ago, Generalchaos said:

You worry about the single gateway as a sign of Xenophobia? Jesus, just poke your head out of your bedsheets, it is rampant in this country. Every door you try to open here is riddled with hate and derision for a non Thai.

its a motherhood statement, meant to be a testament to the already existing & rampant xenophobia.

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

This is likely a lost in translation and quite in line with the explanations and pictures on the FB page.

Your remark about thaifriendly:

how can I say it politely and not being warned by another mod :biggrin:

Your idea about the structures on the internet are a bit "simplistic".

Thaifriendly.com server IS located in Singapore as is thaivisa.com.

There are good reasons NOT to host in Thailand.

what is this thaifriendly website??