Tourist Visa

On arrival you will get a permission-to-stay-stamp valid until ..... showing the date 60 days ahead.

Your valid visa becomes void at that moment, if it is for single entry.

Edited by Axel

Toweards the end of the 60 days you have two choices:

a) Visit immigration office and apply for extention of stay which usually will be granted for another 30 days. (Cost: Baht 1900)

:o Leave the country and return to get a visa-exemption stamp allowing you to stay for another 30 days (You are holding UK-passport, I assume?)

Toweards the end of the 60 days you have two choices:

a) Visit immigration office and apply for extention of stay which usually will be granted for another 30 days. (Cost: Baht 1900)

:o Leave the country and return to get a visa-exemption stamp allowing you to stay for another 30 days (You are holding UK-passport, I assume?)

Where can I get a visa exemption stamp to stay for another 30 days. my passport indicates that my 60 days is due on Dec 23.By the way i'm a filipino with a 90 days single entry visa.

thanks

name='filipina_26' post='1025536' date='2006-12-10 10:53:43']name='Axel' post='1024911' date='2006-12-09 17:53:39']Toweards the end of the 60 days you have two choices:

'b) Leave the country and return to get a visa-exemption stamp allowing you to stay for another 30 days

Where can I get a visa exemption stamp to stay for another 30 days. my passport indicates that my 60 days is due on Dec 23.By the way i'm a filipino with a 90 days single entry visa.

thanks

Lopburi3's reply refers to a) above.

For 'b), as said, you leave the country and upon return can obtain a visa-exempted entry, i.e. a stamp that allows you 30 days to stay, as tourist, applicable for Filipino p/port, among others. In other words, whenever you leave Thailand and return, WITHOUT A VISA, you will be allowed to stay for 30 days. This, however, is limited to max. 90 days stay during a 180-days period.

Edited by Axel

Lopburi3's reply refers to a) above.

For 'b), as said, you leave the country and upon return can obtain a visa-exempted entry, i.e. a stamp that allows you 30 days to stay, as tourist, applicable for Filipino p/port, among others. In other words, whenever you leave Thailand and return, WITHOUT A VISA, you will be allowed to stay for 30 days. This, however, is limited to max. 90 days stay during a 180-days period.

so the 90 days start from the date where i get the visa exempt or from the date i arrived here?

Your post mentioned 60 days so thought you were on a tourist visa and wanted to extend it 30 days. Sorry.

You have to cross a border, enter another country, and return to obtain another 30 days visa exempt entry stay. The days count from day of entry so if you already have 60 days in country this will be the final 30 days you are allowed.

You get the "visa exempt" the day you arrive here so can not understand your question. They are one and the same. The 90 day count start from your first entry on visa exempt status after October 1 and includes those days in Thailand.

Your post mentioned 60 days so thought you were on a tourist visa and wanted to extend it 30 days. Sorry.

You have to cross a border, enter another country, and return to obtain another 30 days visa exempt entry stay. The days count from day of entry so if you already have 60 days in country this will be the final 30 days you are allowed.

You get the "visa exempt" the day you arrive here so can not understand your question. They are one and the same. The 90 day count start from your first entry on visa exempt status after October 1 and includes those days in Thailand.

ok,so if i arrived here with a tourist visa and used 60 days of it, i just have 30 days left whether i get a visa extension or a visa exemption?is that correct?