2018 Toyota Camry revealed

ezzra

It will be here, probably in 2018 sometime. The design should be pretty close to this one. Looks half decent. There is also a 3.5L direct injetion motor that we probably won't be getting here though - just the 2.5 and 2.5 hybrid. Not sure about the 2.0 version. 

30 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

The new Camry looks stunning, a major upgrade. Can't wait to see it.

I expect that this "new Camry" in 2018 means that the 2017 Camry sales go into the toilet. The last car I would buy now is a 2017 Camry. Not sure why they would introduce the 2018 model so early and inflict such pain on themselves. Don't Honda and Nissan already do that enough .....?

8 hours ago, Thailaw said:

I expect that this "new Camry" in 2018 means that the 2017 Camry sales go into the toilet. The last car I would buy now is a 2017 Camry. Not sure why they would introduce the 2018 model so early and inflict such pain on themselves. Don't Honda and Nissan already do that enough .....?

Probably won't hit Thai market for another year. Camry owners are more conservative so new styling some will find less appealing.

15 hours ago, ThaiBob said:

Probably won't hit Thai market for another year. Camry owners are more conservative so new styling some will find less appealing.

No one, not even the most "conservative" of buyers, wants to buy a new car and have it be "the old model" in just a few months, especially when the new model is dramatically new and different (in more ways than just "styling"), as the new Camry appears to be. And, if someone really did want the old model (why, I am really not sure, as the current Camry is not especially appealing in any event), they would wait a few months until the new model is available and get the old model at a deep discount. Camry owners may be more "conservative", but they are not stupid. Next............

9 hours ago, Thailaw said:

No one, not even the most "conservative" of buyers, wants to buy a new car and have it be "the old model" in just a few months, especially when the new model is dramatically new and different (in more ways than just "styling"), as the new Camry appears to be. And, if someone really did want the old model (why, I am really not sure, as the current Camry is not especially appealing in any event), they would wait a few months until the new model is available and get the old model at a deep discount. Camry owners may be more "conservative", but they are not stupid. Next............

I bet the majority of Camry owners are clueless about a new model and I guarantee the Toyota saleman will not tell them. 

13 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

It can't be any worse than the current piece of crap that wears the Camry badge.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

And that coming from someone whose profile picture is a "Turd" -- you've got to be kidding.....!!!!

If Toyota was to start making refrigerators their company mind set would be attuned with the cool boxes!

Having lived in Australia for maybe years maybe that's the reason everytime I see a White Toyota I start thinking about White goods!

Why it was only last night the wife and I where talking about getting a new washing machine.  

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, MatteoBassini said:

I've seen 3 2018 Camrys in Thailand now, ALL of them with regular white plates and I swear they were 2018 models. How did people get these when they're not even available yet officially?

Probably Toyota employees doing long term testing

I was thinking earlier today, that the Camry models - and of course many other vehicles too - remain current only a very brief period of time indeed, before they are replaced or updated in rather insignificant ways.  If we consider the Camry in UK, prior to the point at which it was withdrawn from the British market in the 1990s, that model had continued unchanged for many years.  By contrast, the local 2012 model which was obsoleted only quite recently, lasted no more than a couple of years or so, with its facelift model looking rather bland and with awkward styling.  I can't help but feel that Toyota revised the looks principally to create a new model, without it even being an improvement.  The current model looks so odd to me, that I feel the pre-2006 model now appears new and fresh again and looks very solid!

I have a Camry 2014 model.  I bought the car for its nice interior, though I do not like the body styling very much.  Toyota indicated that when this 2012 model was introduced, they had improved the suspension over the former, but frankly there is no discernable difference between this model and the 2007 model which I owned before, in terms of its road-holding.  The vehicles drive exactly the same and feel exactly the same, have the same limitations, and the same noises!  We don't have much choice in Thailand for quality cars at reasonable prices.

I was thinking earlier today, that the Camry models - and of course many other vehicles too - remain current only a very brief period of time indeed, before they are replaced or updated in rather insignificant ways.  If we consider the Camry in UK, prior to the point at which it was withdrawn from the British market in the 1990s, that model had continued unchanged for many years.  By contrast, the local 2012 model which was obsoleted only quite recently, lasted no more than a couple of years or so, with its facelift model looking rather bland and with awkward styling.  I can't help but feel that Toyota revised the looks principally to create a new model, without it even being an improvement.  The current model looks so odd to me, that I feel the pre-2006 model now appears new and fresh again and looks very solid!

I have a Camry 2014 model.  I bought the car for its nice interior, though I do not like the body styling very much.  Toyota indicated that when this 2012 model was introduced, they had improved the suspension over the former, but frankly there is no discernable difference between this model and the 2007 model which I owned before, in terms of its road-holding.  The vehicles drive exactly the same and feel exactly the same, have the same limitations, and the same noises!  We don't have much choice in Thailand for quality cars at reasonable prices.

I guess that's part of their success, they only make minor changes to the new models. You see this with many models from Japanese car makers.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 6/20/2017 at 10:57 PM, fredob43 said:

Top price for a Sportivo is 1.769.000

And that camry is the hybrid too. The 2.5 petrol is 1.6+M. The new model will be a step up, if the overseas videos are anything to go by. The sedan will certainly be more comfortable than a regular SUV. 

6 hours ago, MatteoBassini said:

They're not old models, my mother-in-law drives a 2017 Camry, so I see it pretty much every single day. I know a 2018 Camry when I see one, next time I'm risking death by pulling my phone out to take a picture LOL

The front grille is much different on the new model. It can't be mistaken. The back looks a bit like the current esport model. The tail lights are much slimmer. 

31 minutes ago, Robert24 said:

I guess that's part of their success, they only make minor changes to the new models. You see this with many models from Japanese car makers.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Being the best selling make in the country gives them no incentive to improve their product. They know their customers well. They know they want efficient and quick service, and people have the mentality here that "toyota is good", regardless of whether it is actually the best available product in any given segment. Look at how many everests are sold here compared to fortuners; yet most foreign reports would put the everest ahead, if even the gap is marginal. 

And that camry is the hybrid too. The 2.5 petrol is 1.6+M. The new model will be a step up, if the overseas videos are anything to go by. The sedan will certainly be more comfortable than a regular SUV. 

Those dam SUV things ate like Mosquitoes,I've had 2of em.Vision in traffic is al they have going for them.A nice top end Toyo beats any Truck for Status, No cement mixer Diesl Engine,nicer in every dept, and no one thinks your a Yob when at Lotus.Go a ride in a Top
Nissan Teana and see what I waffle about.??

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 1/12/2017 at 9:18 AM, Thailaw said:

I expect that this "new Camry" in 2018 means that the 2017 Camry sales go into the toilet.

In the US don't 2018 models get to the showroom in about Sept.

To get here? Well they have to change the production line here so... May take another year?

I've seen 3 2018 Camrys in Thailand now, ALL of them with regular white plates and I swear they were 2018 models. How did people get these when they're not even available yet officially?

IF you have seen 2018. Then the answer would be Australia some models come from there.

Edited by VocalNeal