Police hunt for foreign woman caught stealing on CCTV

snoop1130

Police hunt for foreign woman caught stealing on CCTV

Kritsada Mueanhawong

pkt1.jpeg

PHUKET:-- Police are hunting for a foreigner who stole merchandise from a souvenir shop in Patong last week. 

CCTV footage of the incident was shared on social media by Facebook user Wiyada Wittayatantithem on Sunday, with a caption that read: “Please beware of this foreign woman. She stole things from a store in Patong and then signaled to a foreign man who picked her up on a big bike, after which the pair escaped.” 

Santi Pruekprathin, the owner of ‘BJ Souvenir’ said the stolen merchandise was only worth 380 baht and he does not intend to file charges of theft, but wants this to serve as a warning to other businesses and the general public. The video was widely shared on social media. 

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Police-hunt-foreign-woman-caught-stealing-CCTV/66112?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-1-10

The official version then is that it is foreigners who are giving Thailand a bad name  and not Thai's at all.  So come to Thailand but beware of foreigners (i.e. non-Thais)!

Total nonsense. Somebody shoplifted and was caught on camera so it is published. Doesn't really matter where she's from, except for in your mind.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

“Even though the owner is not pressing charges, we are investigating the incident and looking for the suspects. Such incidents give a bad reputation to Phuket, especially if foreigners are involved. We hope to apprehend them soon,” Maj Korapol added. 

these bloody farangs lol.....

Imagine flying 10,000km just to get arrested for shoplifting £9.00 worth of gifts!! Hope they get caught n see what happened. Locals can do as they pleased in their country so all u guys who are making negative comments should shut it or go back home..555?

2 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

“Even though the owner is not pressing charges, we are investigating the incident and looking for the suspects. Such incidents give a bad reputation to Phuket, especially if foreigners are involved. We hope to apprehend them soon,” Maj Korapol added. 

these bloody farangs lol.....

er maj korapol,to tell you the truth I think the police give more of a bad reputation to Phuket more than a petty thief.

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

You must be too old to see the sarcasm......  BJ  Souvenir   BJ  stands for Blo* Job

Another ageist young stud who thinks his generation invented sex. 50 years ago when I was 20 I knew what BJ stands for.

Perhaps they could re-deploy some of the 1000 police who are apparently no longer needed to arrest the errant abbot, seeing as this latest shop-lifting case is clearly so important.  Yes, it is theft and therefore a crime but it pales into insignificance compared with all the horrendous things that happen in Thailand every day of the week.  The police are so lucky that no shoplifter is ever found to be a Thai, as otherwise they might find their hands full and need everyone of those reluctant arresters outside the spaceship.

20 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Police looking for thieves and of course Farangs lifting 380B but sit on their backside when murder goes down,OK this is Thainess I expect

And yet the monk accused of embezzeling billions remains holed up in his Waco Spaceship, they know where he is, they know what he has done and every excuse possible to avoid taking any action.

8 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Also yesterday, 1000 other shopliftings occurred, all committed by locals, but none of these made the news. It's only interesting because it gives people another chance to be indignant about foreigners.

If you watch the Thai TV news shows every morning, they show lots of CCTV clips of shoplifting, thefts etc. It's only made the English-language media and ThaiVisa because it's a foreigner. 

On 10/01/2017 at 9:09 PM, stevenl said:

Total nonsense. Somebody shoplifted and was caught on camera so it is published. Doesn't really matter where she's from, except for in your mind.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Well it should matter to the police. I expect she will be passing through the airport soon when she has finished her souvenir and gift 'shopping'.