Police sold my underage daughter into sex trade, says mother

webfact

Police sold my underage daughter into sex trade, says mother

1a.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A mother has appealed to human trafficking cops to investigate a northern policeman who she says forced her daughter into the sex trade.

Despite the fact that two "mama sans" have been arrested a well known cop in Mae Hong Sorn remains at large.

Colleagues at Region 5 police refused to investigate one of their own, said the mother named only as "B".

She said that her daughter, now 19, was forced to service businessmen, traders and civil servants. If she refused she was beaten, reports Daily News.

The business was advertised online and the policeman helped to procure the girls who he then got hooked on drugs and threatened, claimed the mother.

The bent cop took 1,000 baht a time as his fee, she said.

The mother was at the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Division in Bangkok yesterday with her daughter, named only as "A".

She called for justice saying that the cop falls into the category of the unusually wealthy and should be arrested and charged with human trafficking.

The ATPD accepted the case are have promised to investigate.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-11

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...this almost never happens.  Not saying it didn't in this case, but it sounds a little too much like a bad movie plot.

You wanna stop "human trafficking" in Thailand?  Start with the plight of Cambodian and Burmese men held captive and forced to work on Thai fishing vessels.  I know, it lacks the juicy "sex" angle that the moral crusaders love so much.  Too bad.

57 minutes ago, Saastrajaa said:

Yeah...this almost never happens.  Not saying it didn't in this case, but it sounds a little too much like a bad movie plot.

What are you going on about, many Thais will do anything - and I mean anything to load their pockets, those that have a duty to uphold the law are no exception, dig deep enough and you will find police involvement at some level - quite often there is no digging required

2 hours ago, Saastrajaa said:

What do you mean you "moved on"?  You used to kidnap Thai girls and force them to take drugs and have sex with businessmen?  Well, in that case, I'm glad you saw the light.

Nah...moved to greener pastures.

5 minutes ago, Saastrajaa said:

Largely a myth spread by the "rescue industry" to help fill their own white-lady pockets.

Just why the crims in Thailand get away with many crimes as there are too many people pretending nothing occurs.

Ethics, morality and justice is non existent or at best, rotten to the core.

37 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

Just why the crims in Thailand get away with many crimes as there are too many people pretending nothing occurs.

Ethics, morality and justice is non existent or at best, rotten to the core.

Of course things like this are going on.

Of course looking away by those meant to do something about it is happening.

But please don't generalise on Thailand, it is also and maybe even worse in your own country.

A myth?

Not really.

But why this western attention to the problem here, and why not in their own country.

Indeed, the subsidies.

There is a huge rescue industry not making much difference to anything.

3 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Of course things like this are going on.

Of course looking away by those meant to do something about it is happening.

But please don't generalise on Thailand, it is also and maybe even worse in your own country.

A myth?

Not really.

But why this western attention to the problem here, and why not in their own country.

Indeed, the subsidies.

There is a huge rescue industry not making much difference to anything.

The "rescue industry" is not "making a difference" because their purpose is to make money...and that, they are doing.  Their scares used to get the public to contribute money to them are based on totally falsified statistics..this is just as true in the US and the UK as in Thailand.  Many scholars have been studying this topic for decades.  Look up and read Laura Augustin, among others.

Seriously...everday there is some article about bad cops and crooked cops in the Thai police force...when is there actually going to be a police reform. The NCPO and Gen Prayut should use section 44 and dissolve the Royal Thai Police Force and let the army takes its place. Just today in the Bangkok post there is an article about another senior cop involved in murder. At least the Thai Army has been doing a very good job abd I suggest that they stay in power for another 30 years please. No elections please, there are no decent politicans . Gen Prayuth has been doing a fine job so far, so please remain.

The "bad guys out - good guys in" campaign was targeting the wrong group of people, should have been the RTP instead of long term tourists/expats.

Agree and I said that the first time I heard the new 'in' catchphrase !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Saastrajaa said:

You wanna stop "human trafficking" in Thailand?  Start with the plight of Cambodian and Burmese men held captive and forced to work on Thai fishing vessels.  I know, it lacks the juicy "sex" angle that the moral crusaders love so much.  Too bad.

Spoken like a true sex tourist

4 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

This is a lot more common than people think. :thumbsup:

cops run everything. most successful bars have a cop involved. sure most brothels are at least part owned by cops. we are not exposed to the thai brothels up country. doubt they are as nice to their working girls as the bars in the tourist towns.

cops run everything. most successful bars have a cop involved. sure most brothels are at least part owned by cops. we are not exposed to the thai brothels up country. doubt they are as nice to their working girls as the bars in the tourist towns.

You mean the Christmas tree lights are not for Santa!!! Shock horror!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk