Private Car (friend) Pick-up At Airport

Thee_Rak

Taxi or have a friend pick me up upon arrival at Suvarnabhumi?

In talking with my friend in BKK they say that the TV news still talks about what a pain a taxi is from the airport and how there are no taxis at arrivals but that you have to take a bus to the transportation hub.

The posts above say that this isn't true... what's the deal?

Also does anyone know if it's pretty easy for someone with private car to just pick someone up? In the US picking someone up at the airport is a big pain because we are not allowed to get anywhere near the terminals with a car (so it's hard to arrange a time and a place to meet).

What's the best plan?

I don't know if its changed since then, but I picked someone up in my car soon after the airport first opened. The security guards were very "sniffy" about letting me wait for him appear from the arrivals hall.

G

Taxi or have a friend pick me up upon arrival at Suvarnabhumi?

In talking with my friend in BKK they say that the TV news still talks about what a pain a taxi is from the airport and how there are no taxis at arrivals but that you have to take a bus to the transportation hub.

The posts above say that this isn't true... what's the deal?

Also does anyone know if it's pretty easy for someone with private car to just pick someone up? In the US picking someone up at the airport is a big pain because we are not allowed to get anywhere near the terminals with a car (so it's hard to arrange a time and a place to meet).

What's the best plan?

Take a taxi ground floor level 1. If flight late friend would have to go round and round or park up in Car Park, dont park unattended on street as tow away in place. Unless you have a tel. to contact him/her then they could park up outside and come in when your at a numbered door on street arrivals level 2 after you have done luggage and Immigration and got out of terminal.