Donald Trump’s ties to Russia will dog him says Stefan Grobe

webfact

Donald Trump’s ties to Russia will dog him says Stefan Grobe

606x341_354702.jpg

WASHINGTON: -- Stefan Grobe, our Washington correspondent, gives his analysis on the latest controversy swirling around Donald Trump.

“The latest memo on Trump’s ties to Russia is highly problematic and troubling at the same time. Problematic because the information is mostly unverifiable, and troubling because it could basically mean that Moscow tried to set up Trump as an asset for years, and that they have video footage to prove it in order to blackmail Trump.

That sounds like spy fiction yet US intelligence chiefs considered it important enough to brief Obama and Trump and the Congressional leadership on these allegations. Like it or not, Trump is going to become the next President in nine days, unless he steps down, very unlikely, short of impeachment there is no mechanism that strips him of the job.

That does not mean that Trump’s Russia problem will go away. It will likely only get bigger.”

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2017-01-12

47 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

I'm watching the news conference now on youtube, I can't believe how up himself the Donald is and he talks about himself in the third person. The guy has serious issues.

His latest tweet... 

"@zhu_amy3: @realDonaldTrump It's Morning in America again!!! ☀️☀️☀️Thank you President-Elect Donald Trump!!! So proud of you!!!!" THANKS!

Yes, he really did just thank himself for the sun rising in third person!

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Just how long can the Trumpsters keep supporting this sad, pathetic figure?

When he fails to bring jobs back to the West Virginia miners and the working class in the rust-belt...............or, shames his country on foreign policy.

9 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

When he fails to bring jobs back to the West Virginia miners and the working class in the rust-belt...............or, shames his country on foreign policy.

If he does anything to improve the lives of the ordinary people in the USA then it would be a great thing.  However how much damage he does to the country could be catastrophic and then everyone will be worse off

Funny thing. This guy is going to be president. Now I didn't vote for him because even though I hated Hillary worse, I couldn't pull the trigger for Donald. But now I need him to be successful, however much I dislike him, my SS payments, company pension and 401K are all in dollars, with investments in the markets a key component of my long term financial health. People pulling the rug out under him with unverifiable reports from sleazy sources doesn't help me at all. Bad as he may end up being, I need him to be given a chance to govern effectively despite the fact that he has pissed the Military Industrial complex off by wanting to improve relations with Russia.

If he was going to be Vice President, it would be funny.  Did you see his quack doctor?  Trumpet should be on meds, or chain-smoke weed...something!

4 hours ago, jcsmith said:

His latest tweet... 

Yes, he really did just thank himself for the sun rising in third person!

Oh dear, oh my, oh jeez....oh well, let's give him a bigger shovel 

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

That's fantasy, and the coal workers know that.  Even China has too much coal.  It's simple economics and capitalism, unless the government subsidizes it, it's going away.  Investors don't want it.  You can't force investors to loose money. Trump says how smart he is, but that's a pretty basic concept.

So far he has been giving taxpayer money directly to companies to keep jobs here.  Hello, that's corporate welfare!

My attitude is that instead of predicting the worst for Trump and America, I am hoping for an improvement.  We certainly were not going to get it under Hillary, it would just have been more of the same. Why not give the guy a chance?

7 hours ago, Trouble said:

My attitude is that instead of predicting the worst for Trump and America, I am hoping for an improvement.  We certainly were not going to get it under Hillary, it would just have been more of the same. Why not give the guy a chance?

Very good analysis from a very smart guy.  Scary times are ahead.  Trumps seems to act before he thinks.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/11/opinions/donald-trump-news-conference-gergen/index.html

Trump was also far off base in his rampage against CNN, calling it a fake news organization and insulting its top people. Unlike BuzzFeed, which published the memos themselves, CNN purposely did not.

But what is now clear is that for all his strengths, Trump is bringing to the White House one of the most combative, intemperate personalities we have ever known. The press conference shows he ain't changing.

14 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Just how long can the Trumpsters keep supporting this sad, pathetic figure?

That's like asking a junkie or an alcoholic how long it will take until they  realize they ahve a problem. Sometimes it takes  years, and other times  the  person dies before  accepting that there is a problem.

7 hours ago, Trouble said:

Give the guy a chance, like the way he pushed the lie about  Obama being a foreigner or a muslim? Or,  like the way the Trump team  spread vile lies like Clinton being a pedophile? Or like the way, the GOP refused to  proceed with  appointment hearings and harrassed and undermined the POTUS?

The "Russian Connection" to the PEOTUS is causing a major concern to Israel. Israel feels it can't trust Comrade Donald for fear intelligence might get leaked to Russia (and then to Iran).

US intel sources warn Israel against sharing secrets with Trump administration

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4906642,00.html