OUCH! Imported TOY DRONE stuck in Thai Customs since Dec 21st!!

Jimbo in Thailand

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

Now that's cool!...what I like in Hubsan's are their efforts to integrate the FPV in the controler (i.e. no need to use your smartphone for the screen), if I'm not mistaken?...what about the Mavick Pro?....Any plans to get into that lovely baby? the M Pro is a blast!!

That's correct, the Hubsan controller has a built-in 4.3 inch FPV display and it works very well.  I've made an enlarged display using an el cheapo 7 inch fresnel lens (for smartphones) mounted inside a flat-black plastic tapered chute made of the lightweight hollow air-core plastic sheeting.  It works better than I expected.

Regarding Mavic Pro, I was originally in the queue late last year to buy one.  Got tired of the delays so I finally bailed out.  Now I consider the Mavic Pro supremely overpriced so glad I didn't take the plunge.  My next drone will probably be the Xiaomi Mi 4K drone.  It has similar excellent stabilized image quality (and flying characteristics) to DJI's Phantom 4 series and Mavic Pro but at half the price (or less) and without DJI's intrusive monitoring/spying and restrictions, similar to Apple's 'walled garden' -- You don't really own it --  philosophy.

Yep, this next time I'll pay a little more and buy my next drone from a Thai merchant to avoid the import hassles.  You might want to check on the Xiaomi Mi 4K model. :smile:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Jimbo in Thailand said:

It appears to be good but, like all DJI products, severely overpriced.

very very true, overpricerd for the Made in China tag!!

As for Xiaomi, in your previous post, was unaware of this make...will look out in MBK during my next trip to Thailand as one can really never have to many drones around!!:cheesy:....thanks for the tips...enjoy your flights in the meantime!

Edited by observer90210