non-o visa issue

I tried finding visa info on this topic without any luck. Yes, I looked under visa and got a message that no info was found.  

I applied for non-immigration, type "o" retirement visa. It appears It was accepted. I have the stamp in my US passport. I am now supposed to go back to do another TM 7 Extension of Temporary Stay. I was given the standard form requiring proof of income from US Embassy, leasing agreement showing CM address, passport copy, current photo with the new application... Are all these required to redo every three months to maintain the non-immigaton, type "o" visa? TIA

Just as a side note, I entered with the Thai Embassy, 2 month stay from Sept 13 and had a 30 day extension till December 10. Then I have a stamp for the non-o, being admitted 29 November until 26 February. On January 13 I can apply for my extension. Does any of this make sense? Where do they come up with these numbers? None of this makes any sense to me. I suppose I could just accept it as some Thai bureaucratic logic. Not that it's any better than other countries I've stayed long term. If I wasn't from the US, I'd be tempted to go home, but I'm afraid in comparison, Thailand really could be paradise for what's in store for the US.

1 hour ago, Travelighlty said:

Just as a side note, I entered with the Thai Embassy, 2 month stay from Sept 13 and had a 30 day extension till December 10.

Not a side note but start of the story.

Seems you entered with a tourist visa on SEP 13 (tourist visa issued at a consulate in your home country) .

You got an admitted to stay stamp until NOV 11 at the border checkpoint.

You then later applied at CM immigration office for a 30 day extension.

Extension was granted until DEC 10.

So far all fine and to the rules.

On NOV 29 you applied (or was done) a conversion of your tourist visa to a Non-O visa at CM immigration office.

A fairly exceptional procedure but possible.

This was granted for 90 days from NOV 29 to FEB 26.

So far all fine and to the rules.

And now they allow you to apply for the one year extension from JAN 13 which is 45 days before the FEB 26 expiry.

45 days is also fine, although usually people apply 30 days before expiry.

A nice example why one should not enter with a tourist visa with the intention to stay for long time (one year extension).

Next time apply for a Non-O in your home country and save a lot of headache.

If all that is rubbish then I just wasted a good piece my remaining life span :biggrin:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

Yep. Not easy to understand what is happening here.

Very confusing.

A nice brain trainer after the first non-lite beer :biggrin:

Confusion of terms and non chronological.

Hope I got it right.

BTW: JAN 13 is tomorrow.

It's the first date that you can apply.

You have time until FEB 26 to apply.

Just in case you don't have the documents ready for tomorrow.

And from now on you will have to do the procedure with the income statement ONCE A YEAR not every three months.

The thing is then called an "extension" and not a visa.