Requirements for retirement extension renewal

why you specifically mention "Ratchaburi"? They don't have isolated requirements there - the immigration requirement for extending permissions to stay in the country are standardized and updated info. is best found on their web site

A income letter from your embassy will be accepted. They cannot deny that.

If you are asking if they want back up proof for it don't think they do.

You would normally need a rental agreement with signed copies of the owners house book and ID card attached unless you or your wife own your residence where you are living to prove your address.

• Like 1

I have a rental agreement, and copies of  signed and date stamped reciepts for rental payments available if they ask.

But here in Bangkok I have not been asked to show them.

I would rather have them and not be asked to show them than the other way around.

• Like 1

Thanks to Thurien, Ubonjoe, and I'm a Farang for your replies. One thing in particular that I have read online is that some places are requiring back up proof of the pension. I suppose I will bring a simple photocopy of my pension income statement, just in case.

As for the proof of residence, my experience has been similar. I bring it along but haven't been asked for it. This year I have to switch from Nakon Pathom to Ratchaburi, a new office, and that is why I was specific in my question. I suppose to be safe, I should also update my proof of residence.

Tom

2 hours ago, tjansen said:

Thanks to Thurien, Ubonjoe, and I'm a Farang for your replies. One thing in particular that I have read online is that some places are requiring back up proof of the pension. I suppose I will bring a simple photocopy of my pension income statement, just in case.

As for the proof of residence, my experience has been similar. I bring it along but haven't been asked for it. This year I have to switch from Nakon Pathom to Ratchaburi, a new office, and that is why I was specific in my question. I suppose to be safe, I should also update my proof of residence.

Tom

If you use the letter from your Embassy for proof of income, be sure to get a receipt for this payment to them and attach it to the letter. This is a requirement in Kanchanaburi.

• Like 1

Korat Immigration uses Bangkok Bank currency exchange rates and the note on site figure which is generally the lowest to work out the required monthly amount. Please also note should you require 65000 THB per month and you are short by even a few Baht say 20 baht 64980 baht per month in total you will be refused an extension so check the rates before you go

7 hours ago, thurien said:

why you specifically mention "Ratchaburi"? They don't have isolated requirements there - the immigration requirement for extending permissions to stay in the country are standardized and updated info. is best found on their web site

I would not trust any Thai immigration website, it will tell you the main things, but IOs make up their own rules a lot of the time, so you are better finding out what your own Immigration office does about your requirements.

I haven't been here very long, but will apply for a Retirement Extension myself after my next visa run. I follow these forums closely and most of the posters on this thread sound the voice of experienced reason to me.

I will be over-prepared if anything. The tip of the photo in front of the residence is cheap insurance indeed!

Thanks to all for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

8 hours ago, thurien said:

Not so -- the offices do vary in their application of the rules

I suspect that the official list is the minimum requirement.  An immigration officer can ask for anything above and beyond that that they feel like.  As someone wrote on here (I think) many years ago: " If the officer asks for the inside leg measurement of your grandmother's pet budgie, you better get the measuring tape out."

• Like 1

Hello, and thanks for all of the input. If this idea is helpful to anyone, here is my plan. In Ratchaburi, the officer said we could apply for the annual extension for retirement one month early. So I plan to go a month early, with my usual documents in hand, and if they say I need something else, hopefully I will have time to get it and make a return trip, on time. If I should miss the time and have to start all over, that is what I'll do. If they charge me any fines, I will smile and pay. A sort of meditation for me and conducive to peace of mind.

Similar to Lungbing's comment.

Tom

Edited by tjansen
Add a comment.

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2017 at 11:40 PM, tjansen said:

Hello, and thanks for all of the input. If this idea is helpful to anyone, here is my plan. In Ratchaburi, the officer said we could apply for the annual extension for retirement one month early. So I plan to go a month early, with my usual documents in hand, and if they say I need something else, hopefully I will have time to get it and make a return trip, on time. If I should miss the time and have to start all over, that is what I'll do. If they charge me any fines, I will smile and pay. A sort of meditation for me and conducive to peace of mind.

Similar to Lungbing's comment.

Tom

I have always applied early in case of problems. In fact I've only ever had one.  A couple of years ago they (Chonburi/Pattaya) suddenly said that my Telephone Bill wasn't good enough proof of address and I don't pay rent. So no rental agreement.

After some time they agreed that my Driving License was good enough.  But the stupid thing is that my Driving License is based on my Certificate of Residence which is based on my Telephone Bill.

Go figure.

1 hour ago, roger101 said:

After some time they agreed that my Driving License was good enough.  But the stupid thing is that my Driving License is based on my Certificate of Residence which is based on my Telephone Bill.

- and the Embassy will certify that your address is what you tell them...

On 1/13/2017 at 8:18 PM, lungbing said:

I suspect that the official list is the minimum requirement.  An immigration officer can ask for anything above and beyond that that they feel like.  As someone wrote on here (I think) many years ago: " If the officer asks for the inside leg measurement of your grandmother's pet budgie, you better get the measuring tape out."

I noted recently that an 'Appeal' template is available as a download in the pinned topic and can be filed at a cost of THB 1.9k :)