Help Identify Snake

action

2 hours ago, kannot said:

actually Ive found them to be very docile here and non aggressive even though  books  say they are "unpredictable" I get at least 2  or 3  a  year and just throw them over the road, they dont  move  much you can stand  right next to them, only out at  night hunting, usually sit  on my road so eays to spot, they are not a big snake by any means.............if I get to them first its ok, if the staff do its...............well kind of like this.

This one is quite a bit darker than mine which are sandy coloured

Also occasionally  get these  funny creatures, like a snake as its legs are almost redundant

20130108_000643.jpg

20140203_064608_resized.jpg

Short limbed skink. 

Can across one of these (adult) in our driveway at the last place we lived. Really not a snake you want anywhere near the house.

Please be really careful with your kids and dont let them be around, until you have solved the problem. Hope you get it fixed.

If you get bitten by that thing there's a good chance of permanent kidney damage, even with treatment.

The BBC are doing a three part "Thailand: earth's tropical paradise" series at the moment. Last week they mentioned that 10,000 people a year get bitten by snakes. Okay, most of that will be 1) non-venomous, 2) dry bites, 3) less serious, and 4) people in high-risk occupations. But still, it's the stuff of nightmares. 

Can anyone help me determine what kind of snake this is?  I have found 3 in my house within a week.  They are all just a few inches long.
I thought Python but I can't find any pythons with this diamond pattern on it's back.
I have small children and a dog.  I'd like to know how many there may be, how to get rid of them and if they are dangerous.    I'd also like to know where mom is.  (The snake's mom, not my mom).

Thank you

WIN_20170113_06_46_10_Pro.jpg.8deb947b7d7aa7a8989205dd8e4f226a.jpg
WIN_20170113_06_46_39_Pro.jpg.9a2147afae787fd3d30a51e5dfd0338a.jpg
WIN_20170113_06_46_50_Pro.jpg.5af6b0badcae235d5b6302a154d849f0.jpg
WIN_20170113_06_46_51_Pro.jpg.0fb50e2366d33870b8dbead9a46a73bf.jpg
WIN_20170113_06_46_58_Pro.jpg.a9fd006a4752d5d2f4e751e4a45bef24.jpg

A friend of mine recently told me to call 1677. Apparently it's a 24hrs call center for snake removal. I haven't tried it yet but after finding 2 different snakes in the last 4 days I may be calling them soon.
We live in BKK, not sure if this is a nationwide number and service or not.

16 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

OK. I have to ask. If you want to release them up country, why would you pour cooking oil over them?

Sorry,  I didnt explain a bit more that the stickiness of the very sticky stuff lets go. 

Edited;-  And I now see others have said ditto.  

Just how re-usable the pad is afterwards I don't know but washed with detergent and hot water could be ok??   

Amazing traps. Are they on sale in L.O.S.??          I want to tell my relatives.

BTW  The shape of that snakes  head looks like some of the harmless ones in Oz but I would have given the benefit of doubt in LOS and kept well clear.

Edited by Jing Joe

That diamond shaped head is a sure indicator for me. The snake man will know what to do, we have had our local version over twice and very glad for it (cobras both times). They release them out in the wild. The catchers do it for free but I gave them 500 baht as a thank-you.

2 hours ago, keeniau96 said:

That diamond shaped head is a sure indicator for me. The snake man will know what to do, we have had our local version over twice and very glad for it (cobras both times). They release them out in the wild. The catchers do it for free but I gave them 500 baht as a thank-you.

I admire them for that but I won't feel much sympathy for Vipers getting knocked on the head to be honest 

1 hour ago, Tapster said:

If I may ask about another snake, while we're on a roll:

What is this one, please?

Spotted in a bar in Nai Harn. Phuket.

Doesn't look dangerous to me.

:jap:

Snake in Nai Harn Bar.jpg

Oriental rat snake?

https://www.thailandsnakes.com/non-venomous/oriental-rat-snake-non-venomous-not-dangerous/

1 hour ago, Tapster said:

If I may ask about another snake, while we're on a roll:

What is this one, please?

Spotted in a bar in Nai Harn. Phuket.

Doesn't look dangerous to me.

:jap:

Snake in Nai Harn Bar.jpg

Looking like a Kukri snake. Need to see the top of the head or the belly for a better guess.

edit: Looks like Crossy is closer with the Oriental Rat snake.

Edited by canuckamuck

The 'Snake Man' showed up with two 'Snake Boys' and a PVC pipe with a string through it.  One of the boys opted for a pair of tongs to deal with this one.  They told me, "No big deal, chai yen yen.  His advice was to wear shoes as the snakes won't bite up high.  They helped me search some areas around where I found them and we haven't found any more snakes since.

Re: HooHaa,  These guys were not at all keen to smash the snakes to a pulp.  They were quite interested in it although I don't think they know their snakes very well and found it amusing I'd called them for such a small snake.  They left it in a box (Tupperware) I had ready.

I didn't kill them either.  I had a Red Tailed Boa as a pet for many years and like all kinds of creatures.  I'm not one to go killing things, other than mosquitoes or things I intend to eat.

Re: Champers,  You stole my joke and for that you have my highest respect.  I was going to ask if these should be served with oyster sauce or a sweet chili sauce.

Re: Jing Joe,  Ironically the first one we found was caught in one of these traps and I have several of them around the house.  Hope the dog stays away from them.  Thanks!

Re: Suradit,  I believe the oil is to release the snake from the rat glue without hurting it.  I used this method once when my Boa got wrapped up in some masking tape. 

I took the snakes and released them in a bar on Soi 6.  Not going to tell you which one.   Back in the wild so to speak.  

We are still in the house, just using caution.  There is an empty lot next to us so I think the rain made these guys active and they came over from there.  

Thank you all and thanks TV for providing the service.  

P1126213.JPG

P1126216.JPG

P1126218.JPG

P1126219.JPG

P1126220.JPG

P1126222.JPG

P1126223.JPG

P1126224.JPG

P1126226.JPG

P1126227.JPG

P1126228.JPG

P1126229.JPG