China says protectionist Trump may limit growth of its exports

webfact

China says protectionist Trump may limit growth of its exports

REUTERS

r10.jpg

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump speaks during a news conference in the lobby of Trump Tower in Manhattan, New York City, U.S., January 11, 2017. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson

BEIJING (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump may limit the growth of China's exports by imposing greater trade protectionist measures, China's customs agency said on Friday.

China is the biggest loser in the anti-globalisation trend, customs spokesman Huang Songping told reporters, adding it will be difficult for China's foreign trade to improve in 2017 due to rising costs and other factors.

The challenges China faces in trade are not short-term but its economy can handle them, he said, adding he hopes that U.S.-China trade cooperation will continue.

China, the world's largest trading nation, could be heavily exposed to protectionist measures this year if Trump follows through on campaign pledges to brand it a currency manipulator and impose heavy tariffs on imports of Chinese goods.

(Reporting by Elias Glenn; Writing by Sue-Lin Wong; Editing by Kim Coghill)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-01-13

The good thing about it (for China though) is that hopefully their big cities will get less polluted from it. 

But if the Chinese make less money it might also influence their tourism abroad and to Thailand.

Trump does it to protect his own industry but Europe orders EVERYTHING from China so the pollution is far from their homes. They can't be bothered if the Chinese are choking in their cities as long as they sell them cheap products.

Funny thing is the Chinese say BKK has very nice clean air while the Europeans say the BKK-air is very filthy.

So now the Chinese will focus more on business with Europe/Russia/Asia i guess. There are billions of other people on the world to do business with so who cares for a few americans?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

BEIJING (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump may limit the growth of China's exports by imposing greater trade protectionist measures, China's customs agency said on Friday.

How does that song go? "My heart cries for you sobs for you" Its been your game and ballpark to long. As much as I dislike Trump if he can level the playing field I could warm up to him just a tad. Its a typical Chinese distraction statement to hide all the illegalities they are pulling. Crafty Mr. Xi

7 hours ago, fruitman said:

The good thing about it (for China though) is that hopefully their big cities will get less polluted from it. 

But if the Chinese make less money it might also influence their tourism abroad and to Thailand.

Trump does it to protect his own industry but Europe orders EVERYTHING from China so the pollution is far from their homes. They can't be bothered if the Chinese are choking in their cities as long as they sell them cheap products.

Funny thing is the Chinese say BKK has very nice clean air while the Europeans say the BKK-air is very filthy.

So now the Chinese will focus more on business with Europe/Russia/Asia i guess. There are billions of other people on the world to do business with so who cares for a few americans?

I am sure my stay here will decrease my life expectancy by a few years.