Cat Internet (C Internet by Cat) anyone?

muratremix

I was wondering what happened to cat. It seems they have new packages.

Just like other ISPs, now they put users behind NAT to save limited IP addresses. I wonder if they have ipv6 or portmapping via dynamic dns like in AIS.

50/20 looks good, if it performs like AIS counterpart.

http://catinternet.com/promotion-detail.php?promotionid=1

service-rate-c-internet_2016_01.png

TOT Fiber does seem to be lagging others in higher speed packages....and their packages "above" 35/15 are not really competitive with 3BB, AIS, and True higher speed fiber/cable packages.   But TOT has a captive audience in many parts of Thailand....and I expect with TOT being a state-owned company their true "spirit of competitiveness" is on the low side.

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, Pib said:

TOT Fiber does seem to be lagging others in higher speed packages....and their packages "above" 35/15 are not really competitive with 3BB, AIS, and True higher speed fiber/cable packages.   But TOT has a captive audience in many parts of Thailand....and I expect with TOT being a state-owned company their true "spirit of competitiveness" is on the low side.

Capture.JPG

TOT are and have always been hopeless at keeping their website up to date.

If you call them they have packages much better than that. I currently have 100/50 from them.

I can't recall exactly what I pay because the invoice goes directly to my company but pretty sure it is around THB2500/month.

Just checked. Apologies, my 100/50 costs 2900/month.

This is what they offered me last July when I asked about new packages having been on 75/30 for the previous 2-3 years.

80Mbps./20Mbps.      1,990Bht.

100Mbps./50Mpbs.    2,900Bht.

200Mbps./40Mpbs.    5,900Bht.

Still doesn't compare well with AIS but no public IPv4 and no bridge mode is a deal breaker for me so I would need to compare what I pay now with their more expensive packages - Power Pro or something like that?

I haven't had any contact with TOT since last July so it is possible their packages have improved since then. 

Edited by thedemon

On 14.01.2017 at 8:10 AM, shariq607 said:

Having both Ais and Cat, Cat is significantly faster than Ais in terms of international speed at least in my experience.   

Cat also does not use pppoe dial up settings but I think uses Dhcp or something. Basically it's plug and play.

Your cat line was business one. Or did you cancel it and switch to basic plan?