Screaming jets!!

beechbum

I thought we had a Red Dawn happening at Chalong!

Very low and fast circles over the area, only one fighter I think.

Not normal here, no nearby bases.

If it's followed up with parachutists I'm heading for the mountain.

5 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Only one jet over Chalong.

Scared the crap outa me......

I was once literally knocked off a barstool at Pt Hedland by a smartarse wannabe Tom Cruise F16 pilot, who thought it would be funny to do a sonic boom over the building.

(Oz and Yanks used to conduct war games in the area. The terminal was empty apart from me, the barmaid and a cleaner)  I later had a good look over the plane when it was sitting on the tarmac.

Todays flyover was loud, but sub-sonic.

11 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

He seems more stupid than the Hawker Hunter display pilot in the UK ........

You clearly are unaware of the circumstances of either incident- the only stupidity is your comment. RIP to the Grippen pilot (the Shoreham pilot survived).

Just now, Psimbo said:

You clearly are unaware of the circumstances of either incident- the only stupidity is your comment. RIP to the Grippen pilot (the Shoreham pilot survived).

Sorry but I am, both pilots tried doing their 'stunts' without enough altitude and the Shoreham pilot murdered 11 people.

Sad...I recall there was an accident with a previous Children's Day display.

I guess this wil end them which will be a sad loss.  I still remember he aerial displays when I was young (not in Thailand) and the oportunities to actually sit in a Sabre cockpit and be told how to fly...I was about 10 by the person who flew it for real.

27 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

25 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

Sorry but I am, both pilots tried doing their 'stunts' without enough altitude and the Shoreham pilot murdered 11 people.

sandrabbit. Are you a member of the 'Air Accidents  Investigation Branch' investigating the Shoreham Hunter crash. I don't think the final report has been published yet.

1 hour ago, johng said:

Its probably a show of force for "Childrens Day"

Yes, This usually happens all week over Udon Thani...Practising  for the annual Children's Day display at the airport on Saturday....today.

Forget the noise!

1) How about the safety of jets daily screaming low over a built up area!

2) The city kids can see it every weekday so the display on Saturday has little appeal for them!

They could easily practise more safely over the countryside and give the village kids a treat too. But hey! Thats too logical for Thailand.

Archived