Side Kick: Woman shows off Muay Thai moves on husband’s side chick

webfact

23 hours ago, impulse said:

Had a situation many years ago where a guy at the office was cheating on his wife- who was very popular with all the women at the office.  They wouldn't have just stood by.  They'd have dogpiled on the gik.  Whenever his mistress showed up at any functions, you could cut the tension with a knife.  That was Wyoming.

Tough to tell from an out-of-context video what kind of undercurrents were present.  They may have all been pleased to see it happening.

Me? I'd have probably done the smart thing and stayed out of it.  Doing the brave thing comes with risks we don't understand unless we grew up here.  Like stabbings and shootings (at a time and place of someone else's choosing).  Edit:  Or worse yet- choosing the wrong side to get all protective of...

Point taken. I agree, maybe the gik deserved it - the slapping, kicking and all. But nine kicks to the head, not inclusive of the slapping etc.? My point is, that is perhaps a tad too much. Deserving a beating is one thing, but letting it go all the way, unrestrained, is another. When should she stop, or be stopped - when assault turns into murder? It may be a wild assumption on my part, but I find it hard to comprehend that the girl is in a room full of strangers who wanted her beaten, and didn't care if the beating resulted in some life-threatening injuries.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

A UFC contest is entirely incomparable, primarily because it is an arranged fight to which both participants have agreed.

Yes this is an assault. Whether the assaulted party should have seen it coming or not, or even if they were entirely deserving makes no difference.

I agree. UFC what??? LoL.

This is assault.

32 minutes ago, outsider said:

Point taken. I agree, maybe the gik deserved it - the slapping, kicking and all. But nine kicks to the head, not inclusive of the slapping etc.? My point is, that is perhaps a tad too much. Deserving a beating is one thing, but letting it go all the way, unrestrained, is another. When should she stop, or be stopped - when assault turns into murder? It may be a wild assumption on my part, but I find it hard to comprehend that the girl is in a room full of strangers who wanted her beaten, and didn't care if the beating resulted in some life-threatening injuries.

I'm not claiming she deserved it.  I'm claiming that standing by is hardly unique to Thailand.  And even if they were neutral and did care, stepping in can be hazardous.  Ask any cop about interfering in a domestic kerfuffle.  And they're trained for it.

Here's what can happen when you do intervene  (yes, I know, different situation- but lots of similarities):

Edited by impulse

31 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm not claiming she deserved it.  I'm claiming that standing by is hardly unique to Thailand.  And even if they were neutral and did care, stepping in can be hazardous.  Ask any cop about interfering in a domestic kerfuffle.  And they're trained for it.

Here's what can happen when you do intervene  (yes, I know, different situation- but lots of similarities):

I said 'maybe' she deserved it. Anyway, I agree with you, interfering may be hazardous, even if you were there from the start but at the same time, I think something should have been done to stop the violence. What it is, I can't tell or say for sure. It's just what I think. How I feel. It's just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it. Let's agree to disagree. Somewhat.

Just now, outsider said:

I said 'maybe' she deserved it. Anyway, I agree with you, interfering may be hazardous, even if you were there from the start but at the same time, I think something should have been done to stop the violence. What it is, I can't tell or say for sure. It's just what I think. How I feel. It's just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it. Let's agree to disagree. Somewhat.

We're closer than our exchange would indicate.  What happened was disturbing.  It shouldn't have happened and it should have been stopped.    

Not by me, mind you.  I enjoy breathing and I dislike emergency rooms.  

So I don't hold any judgment that someone else is wrong for staying out of it.  Especially if they're not 100% sure what "it" is.  I recall too many times when a woman (men, too) brought an entourage to such a confrontation, for the sole purpose of dealing with anyone that may try to step in.  The short, out of context video doesn't offer nearly enough information to condemn anyone for looking the other way.

26 minutes ago, Toscano said:

I believe many Thai wives go off sex at an earlier age than western women .  My guess is that many men are not getting enough at home .

Wives tend to think that if they don't want it neither should their husband want it . 

Not true for thai women, its just man mostly want younger girls thats all.

A bit of a beating is the kind of thing that could happen the world over, when one women is getting revenge on the slapper who has been shaggin her husband.

But what gets me with this is just the way everyone else in the room is just continuing with their business as if nothing is happening, i've no doubt they rarely if ever see this kind of beating but they just walk around like lobotomised drones in "one flew over the cuckoos nest".

There is just no response from them, either join in, stop her, reason with her, jump up and down like a monkey ... do something but don't just carry on like nothing is happening, its not normal human behaviour. 

This sums up the Thai psyche to a tee, and its something i will never and do not want to understand.

19 hours ago, gemguy said:

Hmmmm...that last part was a little bit nasty......lol

OK...we will take your advice and should we or anyone ever so happen to witness you being beaten without mercy we will take your advice and make no judgement at all nor concern ourselves at all as to why you are being beaten upon or robbed or ripped off and we will definitely ignore your pleas for help.

Best self serving advice seen in a long while......lol

Cheers

After reading your comments and my words you are 100 percent correct. My bad and apology. 

8 hours ago, Wake Up said:

After reading your comments and my words you are 100 percent correct. My bad and apology. 

No Problem my friend ...as what you said is also correct in some aspects and has merit in some respects as all too often it is somewhat better to not get involved as that seems to be the consensus amongst people when they are suddenly confronted or encounter aggressive or violent situations occurring and they are there to witness it while the situation has nothing to do with them, so, what can they do.......or what should they do.

Of course each situation is different while some people have intervened and came out the hero while some people have intervened and regretted they ever got involved.

I was saying what I did say with some sarcasm attached...just for effect...lol

I have come across a few minor situations over the years and put a stop to people squabbling and abusing one another ( street Kids hitting and shoving around a smaller kid, for example ) while I think many people have intervened in some heated situation and stopped it from escalating.

Meantime ..Yes.... someone should have at least said: Hey, Hey ..settle down or we are calling the cops...as that usually has enough of an effect to change the course of further aggressive conduct.....

It helps.

But like I said before, I surmise the Thais seemingly like to watch a big drama and think it is some enjoyable form of social entertainment .

Cheers