Just a quick tm30 question ( sorry !!)

When you enter a rented apartment in Thailand and register using passport and departure card etc, the " housemaster "should inform immigration of your arrival and that you are living there using the tm30 ( whether online or paper version), right ??

The Farang should then receive the receipt ( tear off bottom part) to put in his passport ??

How does he receive this ?, via the apartment office/housemaster or from immigration ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The person who manages or rents the apartment should inform immigration of foreign stay. 

Are you on holiday. ?

For how long are you staying. ?

What kind of visa do you have. ?

Do you have a rent book or receipt of payment. ?

The person who manages or rents the apartment should inform immigration of foreign stay. 
Are you on holiday. ?
For how long are you staying. ?
What kind of visa do you have. ?
Do you have a rent book or receipt of payment. ?

Bit of a long story but:

Am here indefinitely ( I hope) on a O-A visa.
Entered the apartment May 2016 with my gf.
They didn't register me , used my gf's id only although I gave them passport and departure card details.
Only found this out a couple of weeks ago when I wanted to get certificate of residence for Thai driving license.
Have receipts of payment from last May but my name is not on them.
Haven't done a 90 days report as have been coming and going.
So currently awaiting apartment to rectify this error and inform immigration.

Now wondering how I can be sure they have done this, will they get tm30 receipt from immigration and give to me ?

19 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Bit of a long story but:
Am here indefinitely ( I hope) on a O-A visa.
Entered the apartment May 2016 with my gf.
They didn't register me , used my gf's id only although I gave them passport and departure card details.
Only found this out a couple of weeks ago when I wanted to get certificate of residence for Thai driving license.
Have receipts of payment from last May but my name is not on them.
Haven't done a 90 days report as have been coming and going.
So currently awaiting apartment to rectify this error and inform immigration.
Now wondering how I can be sure they have done this, will they get tm30 receipt from immigration and give to me ?

Immigration are getting tougher about foreigners address of stay.

Sounds to me that the owners are not bothering because they have your girlfriends name and they are not notifying with a TM30 they will get fined if found out.

Have you confronted them about it saying you need to get a driving licence.  ??

If your uncomfortable with the situation,  l know l would be,  go to immigration yourself and inform them of your address of stay.

They will then give you a letter of residence to get your Thai DL.

Yourself will be required to notify immigration as you know of 90 day address of stay if your here for that long and you only have 7 days after 90 days to report anymore is a 2000 baht fine.    

Immigration are getting tougher about foreigners address of stay.
Sounds to me that the owners are not bothering because they have your girlfriends name and they are not notifying with a TM30 they will get fined if found out.

Have you confronted them about it saying you need to get a driving licence.  ??

If your uncomfortable with the situation,  l know l would be,  go to immigration yourself and inform them of your address of stay.
They will then give you a letter of residence to get your Thai DL.

Yourself will be required to notify immigration as you know of 90 day address of stay if your here for that long and you only have 7 days after 90 days to report anymore is a 2000 baht fine.    

Went to immigration, they basically said I need proof that I am staying at this address !
I feel like I'm stuck till my apartment office does the tm30 or gives me some proof of residence here.

I am struggling to get my head around this. You have been in an apartment since May 2016? That's 8 months. Can I ask who's name is the rental agreement in because you cannot surely be paying a nightly rate for 8 months? I assume you GF is Thai who you said used her ID to book you in, is the rental agreement in her name? If It is then she becomes the 'House master' she registers you on the TM30 with no problem.

I am struggling to get my head around this. You have been in an apartment since May 2016? That's 8 months. Can I ask who's name is the rental agreement in because you cannot surely be paying a nightly rate for 8 months? I assume you GF is Thai who you said used her ID to book you in, is the rental agreement in her name? If It is then she becomes the 'House master' she registers you on the TM30 with no problem.

Yes she is Thai and when we registered we both assumed it was in both names ( if that's even possible ?) as they photocopied my passport and tm6 as well as her id.
Never thought anything more about it till looked into a residence certificate for DL.
Went to Pathum Thani immigration, gf explained the situation, basically told me to get proof of residence from apartment !!

I don't have any other proof .

9 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

They will accept a letter, or bill with your name on it as proof.

He isn't at a registered address is how Immigration are seeing. They want a TM30 registered and before he can do that he needs either to come up with a rental agreement and register himself or whoever has taken out the rental agreement in his Condo needs to report him.
You cannot just walk into an Immigration office with a letter head and receive a Residency Certificate with absolutely nothing to back it up. 

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes she is Thai and when we registered we both assumed it was in both names ( if that's even possible ?) as they photocopied my passport and tm6 as well as her id.
Never thought anything more about it till looked into a residence certificate for DL.
Went to Pathum Thani immigration, gf explained the situation, basically told me to get proof of residence from apartment !!

I don't have any other proof .

Your girlfriend must have a rental agreement?

2 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

He isn't at a registered address is how Immigration are seeing. They want a TM30 registered and before he can do that he needs either to come up with a rental agreement and register himself or whoever has taken out the rental agreement in his Condo needs to report him.
You cannot just walk into an Immigration office with a letter head and receive a Residency Certificate with absolutely nothing to back it up. 

Why not? I did. I don't rent. The missus and I have our own house.

How do you prove your address when you're not on the Tabien Bahn?

Edited by KarenBravo

7 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Why not? I did.

How do you prove your address when you're not on the Tabien Bahn?

Your not listening. His immigration office want him to register a TM30 before he can get one. He has nothing. He cannot register a TM30 unless he has a rental agreement or the person that does have it registers him.
The only way is he moves into a hotel and the hotel either report him or they issue him a letter to say that's his address and he registers himself.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

Your not listening. His immigration office want him to register a TM30 before he can get one. He has nothing. He cannot register a TM30 unless he has a rental agreement or the person that does have it registers him.
The only way is he moves into a hotel and the hotel either report him or they issue him a letter to say that's his address.

Filled in a rental agreement on Jan 2nd with apartment and they "promised" to have it sorted within 2 weeks !
So now I'm waiting , for what I'm not exactly sure, I got the impression they are doing the tm30 and waiting for receipt from immigration ?

Just now, Andrew Dwyer said:

Filled in a rental agreement on Jan 2nd with apartment and they "promised" to have it sorted within 2 weeks !
So now I'm waiting , for what I'm not exactly sure, I got the impression they are doing the tm30 and waiting for receipt from immigration ?

If you have a long term rental agreement, unless they are doing it as courtesy for you, I see no reason why they will unless they actually own the Condo rather than acting as agents for the actual owner who may well be thousands of miles away abroad.. If the agreement is in your Girlfriends name all she needs to do is go to immigration with you, fill in the form and report you as living with her. You or/and her maybe fined for failing to do it within 24hrs, that depends on immigration. If you have moved from another Thailand address you will also need to do a TM28 form as a change of address.
May16 until now seems a long time not to have a rental agreement? Something is not right here IMO. If you have no rental agreement after 8 months, I would seriously consider finding other accommodation.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I still cannot see why while waiting why the apartment office can't give you a letter to confirm you live there. 

• Like 1

Missed a bit. They couldn't possibly of reported you online on Jan 2. The system has been down for weeks and is still down now. If they actually went to immigration and reported you, they would of gotten the receipt immediately. They could of posted it but I would of expected it back by now. Ask them exactly how they reported you and when.

If you have a long term rental agreement, unless they are doing it as courtesy for you, I see no reason why they will unless they actually own the Condo rather than acting as agents for the actual owner who may well be thousands of miles away abroad.. If the agreement is in your Girlfriends name all she needs to do is go to immigration with you, fill in the form and report you as living with her. You or/and her maybe fined for failing to do it within 24hrs, that depends on immigration. If you have moved from another Thailand address you will also need to do a TM28 form as a change of address.
May16 until now seems a long time not to have a rental agreement? Something is not right here IMO. If you have no rental agreement after 8 months, I would seriously consider finding other accommodation.

Yeah, I know it all seems a bit suspicious but it's not, it's basically down to me being lazy and going with the flow !
This place was gonna be temporary so I didn't dot the i's and cross the t's but will probably stay here at least another 6 months now so have to make it all legal .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I still cannot see why while waiting why the apartment office can't give you a letter to confirm you live there. 

That would of been my question he could of lodged a TM30 on that letter and it may of been excepted. It does seem though that immigration either want a formal rental agreement or for him to be reported by the House master, owner or the Condo block themselves if they are doing rentals. I have an idea why they are not wanting to do anything here but that would just be speculation and that isn't helpful.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yeah, I know it all seems a bit suspicious but it's not, it's basically down to me being lazy and going with the flow !
This place was gonna be temporary so I didn't dot the i's and cross the t's but will probably stay here at least another 6 months now so have to make it all legal .

OK. Good luck but at least now I think you now know exactly what you need to do to get this sorted.

• Like 1

Missed a bit. They couldn't possibly of reported you online on Jan 2. The system has been down for weeks and is still down now. If they actually went to immigration and reported you, they would of gotten the receipt immediately. They could of posted it but I would of expected it back by now. Ask them exactly how they reported you and when.

This is probably the issue now, if this is the case I'll ask for a letter and try immigration again .

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Went to immigration, they basically said I need proof that I am staying at this address !
I feel like I'm stuck till my apartment office does the tm30 or gives me some proof of residence here.

You must have the legal owner/housemaster register you with Immigration. In most cases if housemaster not register and you go to Immigration then they should issue you with a form for the housemaster to sign and you can take back to Immigration.

As for your intial question about a 'receipt'  or tear-off ... that does not exist. I speak with a lot of knowledge as our company rents apartments and we are legally obliged to register foreign guests on penalty of a fine. We register online (well until last month before the system went down) and the online system does not issue any print-out. I have to take a screen shot and print that out if any guest wants proof for Immigration. I doubt many housemaster are that helpful.

Fact of the matter is that many (most) independent small businesses don't bother with this registration process as they don't want any government department to know that they are making money. And it does not matter if any contract is in a Thai name, the housemaster must register all foreigners staying in that house, even for just one night. 

Edited by LivinginKata
  • Like 1

Just now, Andrew Dwyer said:

This is probably the issue now, if this is the case I'll ask for a letter and try immigration again .

If immigration haven't yet received the TM30 then quite plainly it hasn't been reported. You wouldn't need the tear off slip to prove it as they could easily look on there computer system and see it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

You must have the legal owner/housemaster register you with Immigration. In most cases if housemaster not register and you go to Immigration then they should issue you with a form for the housemaster to sign and you can take back to Immigration.

As for your intial question about a 'receipt'  or tear-off ... that does not exist. I speak with a lot of knowledge as our company rents apartments and we ae legally obliged to register foreign guests on penalty of a fine. We register online (well until last month before the system went down) and the online system does not issue any print-out. I have to take a screen shot and print that out if any guest wants proof for Immigration. I doubt many housemaster are that helpful.

Fact of the matter is that many (most) independent small businesses don't bother with this registration process as they don't want any government department to know that they are making money. And it does not matter is any contract is in a Thai name, the housemaster must register all foreigners staying in that house, even for just one night. 

Your guests can go to immigration and receive the receipt to say it was received. (Should they wish too) This is then kept with there passport if they are long term stayers. If the TM30 is lodged manually directly at immigration, then there is the tear off slip on the bottom of the form and this is given back to the person reporting. This is then kept again with the passport for future manual reports.

Edited by Lovethailandelite
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Your guests can go to immigration and receive the receipt to say it was received. (Should they wish too) This is then kept with there passport if they are long term stayers. If the TM30 is lodged manually directly at immigration, then there is the tear off slip on the bottom of the form and this is given back to the person reporting. This is then kept again with the passport for future manual reports.

I do not disagree with that.  In our company's case we prefer the online registration where no receipt is offered.  Now that the online system is down it's all very difficult.

It seems clear to me that the OP's housemaster does not appear to have bothered with registration. Most small business Thais have no idea about this legal requirement or don't care to bother.

I suggest to the OP that he gets the form from Immigration (I can't reference here as Imm site is down)  and have his landlord/housemaster complete and sign.

Edited by LivinginKata

20 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

<snip>

I suggest to the OP that he gets the form from Immigration (I can't reference here as Imm site is down)  and have his landlord/housemaster complete and sign.

I just checked through my own files and I did scan the form supplied by one of our guests for completion. Please note that this was a Phuket Immigration paper and may not be accepted at other Imm offices.

This is not a TM30 form as required to be completed by the housemaster. This is a paper that one of my guests brought to our company when he applied for his extension and his regstration did not show up on the Imm database. By the way he had been registered ... just Imm data base glitch. Had that happen to me in 2015, and I know I was registered, did it myself. 

Phuket Residence Form.pdf

Edited by LivinginKata
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

I do not disagree with that.  In our company's case we prefer the online registration where no receipt is offered.  Now that the online system is down it's all very difficult.

It seems clear to me that the OP's housemaster does not appear to have bothered with registration. Most small business Thais have no idea about this legal requirement or don't care to bother.

I suggest to the OP that he gets the form from Immigration (I can't reference here as Imm site is down)  and has his landlord/housemaster complete and sign.

I think if you read the OP and his latest response, it was all a little bit of one and half a dozen of the other. He wasn't bothered because he thought he was only there a short time and for whatever reason, the management never bothered, as many are not. Now he is staying for a long period and needs a Residency Certificate and the chase is on. I suppose the management think that he isn't that bothered because he hasn't been bothered in 8 months. Now I would assume it will eventually get done......Although on 'Thai time' :smile:

4 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

This is a 2 sided form.

It is really not a 2 sided form. If you print the list of aliens reported on the back of it part of it would be torn off when the receipt portion is removed.