Just a quick tm30 question ( sorry !!)

2 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

I just checked and it is a different form to the one in use at Jomtien. This is a 2 sided form. I always thought it was a standard form in use everywhere but seems not.
They do like to make it difficult! 

Yes, you post the TM30 form as I explained above.  This is the form that the housemaster should supply to Immigration within 24 hours of all aliens residing at their house.  The form I posted was something a guest provided from Phuket Immigration ... now that I think about it ... was about 2 years ago and I seems to remember a few guests came to us with this form ... I suspect it was some odd-ball Phuket requirement.  

• Like 1

I think if you read the OP and his latest response, it was all a little bit of one and half a dozen of the other. He wasn't bothered because he thought he was only there a short time and for whatever reason, the management never bothered, as many are not. Now he is staying for a long period and needs a Residency Certificate and the chase is on. I suppose the management think that he isn't that bothered because he hasn't been bothered in 8 months. Now I would assume it will eventually get done......Although on 'Thai time' :smile:

Correct !, I certainly was a bit lazy as it was all temporary at first , plus I had retirement/divorce/family member illness on my mind,but now I have more direction and want to do things by the book.

I successfully got the O-A visa in October so the rest of the formalities should be a piece of cake.........right ?
[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
  • Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

It is really not a 2 sided form. If you print the list of aliens reported on the back of it part of it would be torn off when the receipt portion is removed.

Actually yes, the original form is 2 sided lol The ones I have here now which I collected at immigration somebody has used there head and photo copied the front and rear and stapled them together. You can see where I removed the staple. I actually never thought about it but I just looked at my original form and indeed your right, half of the info has been torn off. I assume that they were working on the basis that you ever only need to do one there. Once the info is the computer you just need to report on the old slip or get it done on line. They are not expecting a new form each time you report.

22 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Just looked through my spares and have another 2 sided one!

15 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I have a collection of forms, tm30, 47, 28, 18 am collecting them along the way !!

I print them out when needed. Been using the same completed TM7 and T47 forms for awhile. Just change the dates and print them out when needed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Went to immigration, they basically said I need proof that I am staying at this address !
I feel like I'm stuck till my apartment office does the tm30 or gives me some proof of residence here.

you can wait for ever for the apartment management to do that. It might be an idea to change the contract into your name or get the management to write a letter saying you are living there with GF. then take GF to immigration with ID to prove it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Filled in a rental agreement on Jan 2nd with apartment and they "promised" to have it sorted within 2 weeks !
So now I'm waiting , for what I'm not exactly sure, I got the impression they are doing the tm30 and waiting for receipt from immigration ?

OK, let's try to get to the bottom of this, taking one step, one question at a time to avoid confusion. Hopefully, no other member will butt in again with his or her own problem until we got you sorted out.

Question 1

Rental agreement: does your friend or do you have a copy of the the agreement? if yes, who signed it in the capacity of tenant?

OK, let's try to get to the bottom of this, taking one step, one question at a time to avoid confusion. Hopefully, no other member will butt in again with his or her own problem until we got you sorted out.

Question 1
Rental agreement: does your friend or do you have a copy of the the agreement? if yes, who signed it in the capacity of tenant?

As it turns out, my gf is the tenant, at the time we both assumed that it was in both names, ( my gf is as naive as me on these subjects), the apartment admin did not make it clear to her ( I'm just stood there with a smile as it's all done in Thai) .
I provided passport and tm6 , which were photocopied, and signed these copies.
This was all done back in May 2016.

Recently I decided I should get a Thai Driving license and approached apartment admin for some proof of my residence there.
That's when it came to light that apparently I don't exist. !!

Thank you.

From the Immigration Act:

“ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of
owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

Established fact: Your friend is the "House-Master", ie the chief possessor of the apartment in her capacity of tenant, as defined in Section 4 of the Immigration Act.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office
located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.

Legal fact: Your friend, who in the context of Section 38 is "house-master" and possessor rolled into one, must notify immigration of the arrival of foreigners at her residence with the form TM.30. In cases where the tenant does not submit the TM.30, some, perhaps most, immigration immigration offices accept this notification also from the owner of the residence even though he is neither the "house-master" nor the possessor of the residence.

TM.30: Submitting the notification to immigration, to avoid possible confusion on the part of the immigration official your friend may want to underline or encircle the text "POSSESSOR OR RESIDENCE" below her signature.

Should the immigration official to whom your friend is submitting this notification feel that he is not the competent official authorised to accept it under Section 38 of the Immigration Act, your friend should ask to speak to a higher-ranking official or the chief of the immigration office.

P.S. I give you below also the link to the original Thai text of the Immigration Act in case your friend may find it useful to look up the Thai terms that correspond to the English terms I have highlighted in red.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwNib_gx9zYEamJNbG5wWHlqakk

Edited by Maestro
added postscript
  • Like 1

Thank you.

“ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of
owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

Established fact: Your friend is the "House-Master", ie the chief possessor of the apartment in her capacity of tenant, as defined in Section 4 of the Immigration Act.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office
located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.

Legal fact: Your friend, who in the context of Section 38 is "house-master" and possessor rolled into one, must notify immigration of the arrival of foreigners at her residence with the form TM.30. In cases where the tenant does not submit the TM.30, some, perhaps most, immigration immigration offices accept this notification also from the owner of the residence even though he is neither the "house-master" nor the possessor of the residence.

TM.30: Submitting the notification to immigration, to avoid possible confusion on the part of the immigration official your friend may want to underline or encircle the text "POSSESSOR OR RESIDENCE" below her signature.

Should the immigration official to whom your friend is submitting this notification feel that he is not the competent official authorised to accept it under Section 38 of the Immigration Act, your friend should ask to speak to a higher-ranking official or the chief of the immigration office.

P.S. I give you below also the link to the original Thai text of the Immigration Act in case your friend may find it useful to look up the Thai terms that correspond to the English terms I have highlighted in red.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwNib_gx9zYEamJNbG5wWHlqakk

Okay, thanks for that, I'll get on it tomorrow .

Had a bit of success today !
Around noon the apartment office calls me and gives me a contract stating I had been there since May 3rd 2016 and I am now the tenant.
I asked them if they had done a TM30, they seemed a bit vague so got them to fill one in.
Legged it down to Immigration (Pathum Thani) for residence certificate, gave them the TM30 and got the receipt stapled in my passport as people have been stating, also no fine for not reporting in 24 hours !!
On to DLT , too late to do the eye tests etc but checked about all the required paperwork and am good to go !!
So, today got residence certificate and TM30 sorted.
Tomorrow get DL.

Next week..conquer the world !!!
[emoji51][emoji51]

• Like 1