"I want my money back!" - Malaysian drives to Khon Kaen to complain Thai ex shafted him

webfact

10 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

So what happened to the 50-50 split of

funds if the marriage ends....

I would reckon if no children are involved it's straight forward. With children there will be complications. I do know one guy who had/has  two kids and his wife was brash enough to tell the female Judge she didn't want the kids she 'only' wanted the house and his money.

The guy was given custody of the kids, kept his money, the house was put in the son's name and she was awarded 50,000 baht.

When her Thai boyfriend heard that he walked out on her and she had to head back home to wherever.

The guys who post saying the 'wife' got everything were probably not really married or believed the guy in the bar who told them to walk away, you're wasting your time etc.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

That's going to be a wasted trip,he is a hotel owner on

Malaysian island, why does he want to be messing about

with sugar cane growing.

regards worgeordie

Well it might make a sensible investment who knows but why not grow sugar cane closer to home in Malaysia or southern Thailand, would be a much easier trip to check up on things than driving 2500km...

1 minute ago, scotchonrocks said:

Are those two "Wheels of Fortune" on the board behind the cops? :-)

I think they are the latest government initiative, ouija boards in police stations.

They let the Malaysian have a go.

Will I get my money back? N-O

Was I a naive old fool? W-H-A-T Y-O-U T-H-I-N-K

34 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I would reckon if no children are involved it's straight forward. With children there will be complications. I do know one guy who had/has  two kids and his wife was brash enough to tell the female Judge she didn't want the kids she 'only' wanted the house and his money.

The guy was given custody of the kids, kept his money, the house was put in the son's name and she was awarded 50,000 baht.

When her Thai boyfriend heard that he walked out on her and she had to head back home to wherever.

The guys who post saying the 'wife' got everything were probably not really married or believed the guy in the bar who told them to walk away, you're wasting your time etc.

When I divorced my UK wife after twelve years, I got the house, car, bankbook furniture etc, she got 500GBP.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

It truly amazes me ....

You think if a woman rips you off in Australia or UK or Russia or anywhere  .... you can go and complain and you'll get it back ??

Oh sorry ,  so many farangs got taken in Thailand theres gotta be something wrong. :shock1:

People need to grow up and use a bit of common sense, and take responsibility for their decisions.

If someone commits a fraud to steal money from you then you have a case.

If you poured money into your F-i-L's business and that business failed; or you did it without any formal contract; so it's perceived as a gift, then bad luck.

11 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

When I divorced my UK wife after twelve years, I got the house, car, bankbook furniture etc, she got 500GBP.

Mine UK was straight 50/50.

She kept her car, I kept mine and the bike. I got 50% of the house value coz she wanted it, I didn't, and joint acc' 50/50. Both worked throughout the time together and no kids.

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Mine UK was straight 50/50.

She kept her car, I kept mine and the bike. I got 50% of the house value coz she wanted it, I didn't, and joint acc' 50/50. Both worked throughout the time together and no kids.

My wife tried to get 50-50 of everything, but as she hardly worked, and I earned all the wages, there were no kids, and she was a drunk, that is why I got nearly everything.

9 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

My wife tried to get 50-50 of everything, but as she hardly worked, and I earned all the wages, there were no kids, and she was a drunk, that is why I got nearly everything.

Can't really imagine how rough that would be on you.

I suppose I'm lucky we're still in contact every so often, birthdays and family news etc.

We just kind of grew apart realised we wanted different things. Kind of two good friends who like to keep in touch over the miles and time.

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

with sugar cane growing.

regards worgeordie

One word: greed.

It takes in a lot of otherwise perfectly sane people, and con artists have always used their targeted victims' greedy tendencies with great success.

if you piss into the wind you get some of it back, but if you piss with the wind you don,t get any back

he has reported to the police, all they can do is file the report. go see a lawyer they tell you to sue her

but the money is in her papas account, she will show nothing.She was not a very smart girl she could

have had more. but the love for her beloved papa comes first. goes to prove no matter how long

your with them your still not number1

So eleven years with a woman and it only costs 3.0M batt, and he still has the hotel, I suggest he goes away quietly, before she finds a good lawyer and really shows him whats it all about

Some people are just plain stupid

7 hours ago, smedly said:

reminds me of a similar story about a British guy that thought he had invested in a Pig farm involving  his wifes family, he worked on the farm for over a year shoveling pig manure day after day thinking it was his farm......then he found out the truth when he got the boot

That was a movie and that bloke was a dill.

On 2017/1/16 at 7:57 PM, The man from udon said:

Just goes to show that after 10 years of marriage they will still shaft you.i think he's wasted enough gasoline and is pissing in to the wind on getting anything back.

Your comment makes me think the same thing. Poor man. Business should never be done with wife, relatives or in-laws. Money is stronger than love, love no matter how strong is just an emotion, emotion goes up and down, money doesn't do that. Just ask this wife who took off with the money if what i just said is true.

Yes, a sucker is born every second. This guy deserves what's happened to him. Seriously, 3 million baht? I wouldn't lend that much to Jesus Christ himself. Rule of thumb: Never lend more than the amount that you could walk away from, or something like that. A salon lady in Bangkok last year ask me to go in on her for another shop just down the road. She a good business women, and does well for herself and her current salon. She asked for 500,000 baht to invest, and if the new shop made money that month, she would return that to me. She is a friend, and if anyone could make this successful it would be she. However, I knew I could never invest in anything dealing with a foreign country, especially Thailand. I don't even have a bank account here in Bangkok, and never will. I keep all my assets in my home country where it is safe and sound, and managed by the security of my country (USA). I know who I am.  

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

with sugar cane growing.

regards worgeordie

She offered him a sweet deal!

And he got, wait for it, caned!

Edited by jacko45k

Smart operator.

Hubby gives money to FIL. As a gift as their is no agreement to repay the money. Limited claim.

Ex wifey doesn't possess this money, her father does. The 3 million is neither possessed by either party.

In the situation of a 50/50 settlement she has just grabbed an extra 1.5 mio baht. 

Husband would need to satisfy a decision maker he had been defrauded.

Compensation? Give up, don't bother.

When my wife wants to start parking money, were done. It's non neg.