American Gets Beaten Playing Hero in Bar Domestic

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:24 PM, nottocus said:

It wasn't the right thing to do.

Best to sit back, drink your beer and watch the show.

That depends on how you define "right".  Is it dangerous?  Yes, possibly.  If a a defenseless small woman is being beaten by a larger man than intervening should be the right point of view from a human point of view

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:38 PM, muffy said:

Has he learned to mind his own business yet ?:shock1:

I'm impressed that you see things so clearly...  So it's an easy decision for you to stand by and watch a woman being beaten up by a man?

Yeah.  We get it.  Step into a domestic quarrel and nobody, but nobody, is likely to thank you for it.  OR sympathize when you're the one who ends up seriously injured.  And probably more true in Thailand than most places.  Still, some of us just have a hard time with men beating up on women.  Old school I guess.  'Guess we can't all be as enlightened as you.

2 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

I'm impressed that you see things so clearly...  So it's an easy decision for you to stand by and watch a woman being beaten up by a man?

Yeah.  We get it.  Step into a domestic quarrel and nobody, but nobody, is likely to thank you for it.  OR sympathize when you're the one who ends up seriously injured.  And probably more true in Thailand than most places.  Still, some of us just have a hard time with men beating up on women.  Old school I guess.  'Guess we can't all be as enlightened as you.

you don't have to watch, just turn round.

On 17/01/2017 at 6:24 PM, Jing Joe said:

About a year ago a motorist here in Oz stopped to help a young lady being bashed by her young man, who in turn pushed the Vietnam veteran backwards hitting his head and he died.

I think the young man is in jail now.

As others are commenting, --- what do ya do,  or don't do?

Also the case in Melbourne in which a young Australian intervened to break up a fight outside a 7/11. Some of the participants took exception and came back with a knife and stabbed him to death. Result: 3 young Thai men arrested for murder, 2 had to be extradited back from Thailand.

On 18/01/2017 at 10:34 AM, FritsSikkink said:

"Sad I have to act differently in this country than I would in my Western country" So in your own country you are not afraid for "what if he pulled a knife against me...or started to beat me up and the locals joined in??? " sounds like bull to me, you are either afraid or you are not .

In any country if you see any two people having a set to, male/male, male/female etc stay out of it.

If you get involved at the end of the day you will be the loser in one way or another. 

I have an ozzie mate who told me a story about a 'domestic' at a party and the rest of the guys threw him out. 30 minutes later he returned with a pump action and started blasting tiles of the roof.( not talking about my mate by the way.)

So it doesn't really matter what country just walk away and leave them to knock 7 bells of sh-t out of each other.

Ignore it, walk away and have a happy life.

Edited by overherebc