Opening bank acc trouble

Xaos

On 1/24/2017 at 8:19 PM, champers said:

This post helped me recover an insurance premium paid with Kasikorn. Not just me, I suspect, as the guy sat at the next desk to me was also claiming back his insurance. I owe you a pint Balo. Make sure to remind me next time you see me. ?

What branch champers?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

What branch balo?

That was in Pattaya .

In Chiang Mai I opened in Central Festival . No questions asked since I already had 3 accounts registered in my name. 

Kasikorn branches are trying to scam you.

Simple solution. 

Email customer services and ask if you must take insurance to open an account, as the branches you went to, insisted upon this.

The reply will be no. No insurance necessary.

Then return to a Kasikorn branch with that email to hand, preferably in your smartphone.

Your problem should be solved.

Customer services also add in their reply email that if you have any further problems, contact them again.

It worked for me.

Refused at TMB Jomtien beach road.

They said visa not good need stamp 1 year, extension of stay. Mine is 3 months. But visa is multi O for 1 year, I think they got no clue about visas.

I called TMB customer servise and guy said need work permit.

Then went TMB Theppraya rd. And they were okay with visa only.

THailand 55

3 minutes ago, Xaos said:

Refused at TMB Jomtien beach road.

They said visa not good need stamp 1 year, extension of stay. Mine is 3 months. But visa is multi O for 1 year, I think they got no clue about visas.

I called TMB customer servise and guy said need work permit.

Then went TMB Theppraya rd. And they were okay with visa only.

THailand 55

Good info and confirms (as if we needed it) that like Immigration offices, each branch of the same bank works to their own play book. The posts from balo suggests avoiding Kasikorn in the Avenue and use their branch on Tai for the same reasons you found TMB Thappraya wins over TMB Jomtien.

Apart from the bogus insurance requirement, I have heard good things about Kasikorn on Tai (next to Tukcom) but don't know if you gave them a shot for your business?

I just closed my Bangkok bank account yesterday because my visa debit card was eaten by a ATM and they would only offer a unionpay card.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Smart move.

The Chinese-based UnionPay was worthless for me in the USA, in Singapore, and online. I would have had better luck presenting the sole of my shoe--dirty side up.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The posts from balo suggests avoiding Kasikorn in the Avenue

I'm always up for a challenge :thumbsup:

The staff will will respect a phone call from the head office .  It's written on the web page in English what the requirements are.  If they talk to someone in Thai from Bangkok I would be surprised they would still deny you a normal savings account. As long as you bring the  right documents .  

We opened an account with BBK 30/02/17. We went to many of the main banks as listed by other in this thread. The advice given about all banks being different, all branches and all representatives having differing interpretations is invaluable. It is very true that you need to do your research as set up costs and ability to open on certain visas varies considerably. TMB were the only bank that did not charge insurance, SMS, etc. However you need either a one year visa or a condo contract. Kasikorn branches charge a high price for insurance set ups but they vary considerably from branch to branch. Bank of Ayudaya krungsri are just -"cannot"? BBK in Central Festival have taken the ability to open an account on a tourist visa as way to introduce costs. Suggest using another BBK branch. To be clear SMS is free of charge so do not accept this charge as it can be set up at the ATM easily 15THB/month. Also internet banking is not permissible on a tourist visa any longer. This was our experience to date.

17 hours ago, Xaos said:

Im dissapointed with TMB, thier card and its visa dosent works online, thats useless, only thier credits cards do.

So no paypal, no online shopping

Did you or did you not try Kasikorn on Pattaya Tai next to Tukcom?

Not interested in what your TR visa brother is doing either.

• 2 weeks later...

My frustrated experience today at Central Festival Pattaya

I have ''O non Imm'' and condo contract of 3 months:

-Bangkok bank: you need Immigration document with proof of residence in P.

-Kasikorn bank: you need immigration paper (??)

-Krungthai: you need working visa

They speak only few words of English, none full explanation.

If I showed them my driving licence, probably same answers

They do not want my money. Good luck

5 hours ago, mauroest said:

-Kasikorn bank: you need immigration paper (??

Again , all you need is to call Kasikorn in Bangkok , their English speaking support line 02-8888888 and hand over the phone to the manager of the branch and you will get your savings account with minimum deposit 500 baht .  With a passport , non-imm visa and a condo contract you qualify for a savings account according to the rules written on the Kasikorn website in clear English .

Edited by balo

20 hours ago, johng said:

Go to Jomtien immigration and get a "certificate if residence" for opening bank account
300 baht and a couple of hours.

I will try once more.
One year ago Jomtien answered:  no one year visa? no cert.of residence :saai:

Kasikorn:

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/personal/Account/Pages/savings.aspx

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/Corporate/CashManagement/DepositInvestmentSolutions/Pages/SavingDeposit.aspx

All others Google links go to expired pages. Anyway I will try with other branch

Documents required

Natural person

• National ID card (Smart Card)
  • Copy of House Registration (in case other ID cards are submitted)
  • Birth certificate (if open to children)
Edited by mauroest
add lines

I will try once more.
One year ago Jomtien answered:  no one year visa? no cert.of residence :saai:

I have obtained 6 certs of residence from jomtiem immigration over the past 4 months. Each occasion I only had a tourist visa with under 1 month validity.

I've opened 2 bank accounts, bought 2 bikes & obtained a Thai bike license & a Thai car license. All on tourist visas.

My frustrated experience today at Central Festival Pattaya
I have ''O non Imm'' and condo contract of 3 months:

-Bangkok bank: you need Immigration document with proof of residence in P.
-Kasikorn bank: you need immigration paper (??)
-Krungthai: you need working visa

They speak only few words of English, none full explanation.
If I showed them my driving licence, probably same answers
They do not want my money. Good luck

Yes can understand how frustrating banks can be. Each branch of the same bank have different rules. Even the same branch can have different rules depending on which day & which staff you speak to!

I've managed to open 2 bank accounts very easily with minimum of fuss & with just a tourist visa. I just get my Thai friend to do it for me for a nominal fee & saves me all the anger & frustration.

8 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

I have obtained 6 certs of residence from jomtiem immigration over the past 4 months. Each occasion I only had a tourist visa with under 1 month validity.

I've opened 2 bank accounts, bought 2 bikes & obtained a Thai bike license & a Thai car license. All on tourist visas.

Well done!

Now it would be really handy if you shared what banks and more importantly, the particular branches of said banks.

8 hours ago, LammyTS1 said:

I've managed to open 2 bank accounts very easily with minimum of fuss & with just a tourist visa. I just get my Thai friend to do it for me for a nominal fee & saves me all the anger & frustration.

Oh, so you haven't managed to do this personally.