Executive actions ready to go as Trump prepares to take office

webfact

4 hours ago, catinthehat said:

And his cabinet picks are definitely more from the private sector as Washington has proven that career politicians views and positions become clouded and skewed as soon as they enter the gilded halls there ans see the immense personal gain they can garner from it.

Right.  Like Rick Perry. Ya gotta watch this.  Great picks from Trump.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/rick-perry-enerhy-secretary-donald-trump-nominee-senate-hearing-not-know-nuclear-weapon-stockpile-a7535876.html

Six years ago, Rick Perry made embarrassing headlines when he could not remember the name of the federal agency he wanted to scrap.

He listed the Department of Commerce and the Department of Education, but failed to recall the third - the Department of Energy. Soon after the performance at that Republican debate, he dropped out of the race.

"Trump also is expected to impose a federal hiring freeze and take steps to delay implementation of a Labor Department rule due to take effect in April that would require brokers who give retirement advice to put their clients' best interests first."

I wonder how many people here recall the case of a certain person in Chiang Mai who was compensated massively by a fraudulent investment company for steering clients to it. He fled Thailand.  Maybe he'll end up in the USA now that Trump is planning on making it safe for people like him.

There are several companies out there that invest in hedge funds.  These companies secretly pay commissions to brokers who recruit unwitting investors who have some spare money to invest but aren't exactly rich.  

Edited by ilostmypassword

12 hours ago, ThaiWest said:

AND the American People SAID SO...! ?

The American People said nothing about him being the best president of all time. In fact, not all voted for him. Not even most. Doesn't change the fact that he's the next president, just keep it real.

12 hours ago, ThaiWest said:

Hum... Yes Clinton ‘bent’ to the ‘will’ of the powers that be... He also owed to the powers... President Trump does not. What President Trump is bringing to his cabinet are _successful_ _business_ people who owe nothing to anyone just as President Trump owes nothing to anyone other than those who voted for him and trusts him... A damn good mix. ?  

That's a misconception. Trump's business wouldn't be afloat without loans, some of them foreign. And let's not get into the Russia thing.

But the thing that caught my eye was this bit:

President Trump owes nothing to anyone other than those who voted for him and trusts him

Sorta reminds me of Thaksin's words. What about all them Americans who didn't vote for him and do not trust him? Isn't he the president of all Americans?

5 minutes ago, beechguy said:

I thought that was what a good manager did, delegate assignments and duties.

The presidency isn't a car wash, dude. Obviously, the president isn't going to manually edit websites. (trump doesn't even know how to operate a computer.) That isn't actually doing anything official yet. It's only MESSAGING. 

Those changes on the website do reflect what's happening though. trump will soon kill the Obama executive order about LGBT civil rights and government contractors. Climate change ... well, that's a bigger deal, not so easy to withdraw from Paris agreement. Obamacare ... it's still technically in effect but deleting it from the website is a signal that they're serious about killing it, which we already knew. 

Edited by Jingthing

Update -- the ENTIRE page about LGBT civil rights on the white house website has been DELETED.

Before I thought it was just about the Obama executive order on federal contractors. 

Nope. 

It's all gone.

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Whitehouse website rapid changes.

Climate change policy page removed.

Obamacare directives information removed. 

LGBT civil rights language removed for federal contractors. 

The nightmare begins. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/

Only the beginning.  We soon may see what will be Trump's, and the world's, final tweet:

"China says I don't understand international trade.  Very unfair!  I launched the nukes."

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Only the beginning.  We soon may see what will be Trump's, and the world's, final tweet:

"China says I don't understand international trade.  Very unfair!  I launched the nukes."

SAD!

8 minutes ago, beechguy said:

Agree, pathetic.

Errr... that was meant to be ironic. Glad to see you ducked under it though, it's all good.

Why no 'like' if you agree with me though?

SAD! :crazy:

Edited by NumbNut