Retirement Visa Service

There is a company that advertises on this site Speedy-visa.com. The reason I am thinking about using this service is that they offer to put money required up for their customers who do not have it. Has anyone used a service for this reason? Does anyone have knowledge of Speedy-Visa.com? 

2 hours ago, selena1000 said:

Yes, thank you I am aware of the sight. Just wanted to a review of their service. 

just looked at the website as I was looking for an agent myself and asked about one last week on this forum but had no response

they have a list of impressive testimonials on the site

If you pay someone else to help you make a false representation to the authorities (i.e. that you have resources that you don't actually have), you are clearly violating the spirit of the laws and regulations governing retirement extensions. I know there are places that will offer to do that, in some cases even successfully. However, that makes it neither legal, nor safe, i.m.o..

Edited by fstarbkk
  • Like 1

Just now, fstarbkk said:

If you pay someone else to make a false representation to the authorities (i.e. that you have resources that you don't actually have), you are clearly violating the spirit of the laws and regulations governing retirement extensions. I know there are places that will offer to do that, in some cases even successfully. However, that makes it neither legal, nor safe, i.m.o..

so if you borrowed the money from a friend , would that be illegal?

9 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Agreed and people discussing it on a open forum is downright idiotic and the reason why these "services" will soon stop or the requirements to prove where the money has come from will be made harder

Do people really believe that the Government do not read this forum?

I had no idea that asking the question could cause a problem. The service is openly advertised with what they offer for anyone to read and it's been advertised for a long time. 

1 minute ago, selena1000 said:

I had no idea that asking the question could cause a problem. The service is openly advertised with what they offer for anyone to read and it's been advertised for a long time. 

i'm not having a go at you personally but some of the things I read on here discussing ways of getting around visa requirements really do make me shake my head

This is a public forum which anyone including the Government and Immigration can read and i'm sure they do

13 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Agreed and people discussing it on a open forum is downright idiotic and the reason why these "services" will soon stop or the requirements to prove where the money has come from will be made harder

last week i went all around south pattaya and visited laods of visa office around tukcom area and was quoted anywhere between 16, 500 and 45,000 for a money backed renewal, some need to visit bank and some did not need it

so all those offers in those visa shops was illegal?

2 minutes ago, notamember said:

but who and why would anyone want to do that?

i do not understand

You're either extremely naive or just trolling. Use your imagination.

To begin with, the immigration officer reviewing the application, has every right to question the provenance of the funds you are claiming to have. He/she also has absolute discretion to make a determination whether you actually own the requisite financial resources to qualify. 

2 minutes ago, fstarbkk said:

You're either extremely naive or just trolling. Use your imagination.

To begin with, the immigration officer reviewing the application, has every right to question the provenance of the funds you are claiming to have. He/she also has absolute discretion to make a determination whether you actually own the requisite financial resources to qualify. 

i am a newbie and naive, i asked a visa question 2 weeks ago, no one responded

i am taking the opportunity to try to learn something now

thats all

3 minutes ago, notamember said:

last week i went all around south pattaya and visited laods of visa office around tukcom area and was quoted anywhere between 16, 500 and 45,000 for a money backed renewal, some need to visit bank and some did not need it

so all those offers in those visa shops was illegal?

Sounds like an industry ripe for a government "crack-down du jour". 

23 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

This very same topic was posted way back in 2012 on these forums. It seems that the Thai Govt had plenty of time to do something about it, but didn't...So much for your theory.. 

There won't be a government crackdown. Agents have been around since the day visa's where introduced. They scuffed up the rules on the ED visa - all it did was raise the praise for the customers which relates to more money for the I/O's and the schools... TIT wake up. 

• Like 1

you did not answer the question

are all those visa shops are illegal ?

Yes they are, Immigration requirements state that the money must have been in the bank for either 2 or 3 months before application, with these "services" it is in less than a day

You are therefore making a false statement in order to obtain your visa

Thaivisa supposedly has a policy against both the advertising of, and posting about, enabling illegal activities. So if that site is advertising here, that's a curious thing if they're in fact offering the service the OP mentions.

All I'll say on the subject is, there are things in Thailand that are illegal under the exact wording or enforcement of the law. And then there are all kinds of activities that go on pretty much unrestrained, provided no one is too blatant about them, even though they may not meet the letter of the law.

The problem arises when, for whatever reason, some part of the government or law enforcement suddenly decide to actually enforce the law against you or somehow becomes aware of your actions. Then you're in trouble, if you happen to be the unlucky person in that situation.

• Like 1

you did not answer the question

are all those visa shops are illegal ?

As I am not a member of the Thai Bar Association, I can not answer your question with legal authority. If there's a Thai immigration lawyer or a Thai judge reading this, please chime in! 

It seems pretty clear to me though that, at the very least, this practice is in a dark gray legal area, as it clearly subverts the requirement for retirees to have "adequate" financial resources to stay for the duration of the visa/ permission to stay.

5 minutes ago, larry1987 said:

This very same topic was posted way back in 2012 on these forums. It seems that the Thai Govt had plenty of time to do something about it, but didn't...So much for your theory.. 

When even Immigration themselves stop providing these services because they are scared of being found out then you know there is something wrong

Times are changing