PayPal teams with Centara for seamless hotel booking

PayPal teams with Centara for seamless hotel booking

By THE NATION

PAYPAL, a global online payments company, is collaborating with Centara Hotels & Resorts. Travellers looking to make a booking on Centara Hotels & Resorts’ websites and mobile application are now able to do so more securely and more quickly by checking out with PayPal, according to the two companies.

Thailand is a major tourist attraction for travellers around the world, and the industry has continued to grow steadily, recording a 13-per-cent increase in occupancy and revenue per available room in 2015. This, coupled with the rise of connected travellers worldwide, presents a huge opportunity for hospitality merchants in Thailand whose online presence automatically opens doors to a global customer base.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/corporate/30304571

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-01-21

If there is no other option I use PayPal, their charges are absurd and the way they do it is unethical! Recently they charged me - I found out when I saw statement :shock1:

USD44 for a personal transfer, the amount was for $399.00, they charge a fee then insist they use their exchange rates to another currency, despite all charges being in USD!

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

PayPal, where the buyer pays a very bad exchange rate for payment in Thai Baht, and the seller is charged about 5 percent for an international payment.
They used to be good, but are pricing themselves out of the market.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

fully agree. They are a disgrace and their "customer service" is one ridiculous joke. Tried to contact their Luxembourg based office once and it cost me a fortune, only to be confronted with a bunch of d*mb*sses that had no clue about anything.

Could not log in to my account for many months and they weren't able to offer a solution even I had fulfilled all requirements to re-set password and such. Plus they rob you on conversion rates. Avoid whenever possible!

• 2 weeks later...