Women's anti-Trump march clogs Washington streets

rooster59

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, uptheos said:

Jan. 22 (UPI) -- President Donald Trump reacted Sunday to protests nationwide one day earlier that drew millions of people, wondering "Why didn't these people vote? Celebs hurt cause badly."

Did you read some comments on his tweets? Looks like everyone hates him. lol

Imagine people in TH would react like they do in the US. /)

6 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Did you read some comments on his tweets? Looks like everyone hates him. lol

Imagine people in TH would react like they do in the US. /)

You mean react like the loony left progressives.........not a chance, more civilised.

6 hours ago, alocacoc said:

However, the show it's over. It was the last shoot from Soros. He failed badly. The media failed badly. The Elite failed badly. And the Winner IIIIIIIIIS: Donald John Trump.

Now I would advise to the leftists to build self-help groups. And don't believe every sh*t what comes from the mainstream media. Learn to live in a new World.

You think one rich man can mobilize tens of millions of people around the world, because he's rich?   It's people like you who are keeping the fake news purveyors making money.  The folks who publish fake news (many are youngsters from Macedonia, and it can pay up to $1,000/day!) love right wingers, because they lap up the false stories like a kitten with a cup full of tuna-flavored milk. 

Sorry to bust your rich-man-controls-the-world bubble, but it was actually a woman in Hawaii who really got the ball rolling on the recent worldwide protests against Trump.  More power to her and people like her.   Trump deserves all the resistance he gets.

You think one rich man can mobilize tens of millions of people around the world, because he's rich?   It's people like you who are keeping the fake news purveyors making money.  The folks who publish fake news (many are youngsters from Macedonia, and it can pay up to $1,000/day!) love right wingers, because they lap up the false stories like a kitten with a cup full of tuna-flavored milk. 

Sorry to bust your rich-man-controls-the-world bubble, but it was actually a woman in Hawaii who really got the ball rolling on the recent worldwide protests against Trump.  More power to her and people like her.   Trump deserves all the resistance he gets.

Exactly. A total organic resistance movement and growing fast.

He is extremely unpopular and will become even more unpopular like Nixon.

In Facebook the comments looks much better, but there he can ban and delete posters and posts easy. I think, on twitter that's not possible.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Recommended listening for anyone who wonders whether Trump is breaking laws and pissing on the US Constitution:   Two US Constitutional experts speak about Trump's law-breaking:

npr.org/programs/fresh-air/archive

Scroll down to 3rd segment.   Note, one of the experts is a life-long Republican.

He's technically Impeachable right now.

17 minutes ago, Diplomatico said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!  Hilarious.  Lead the RESISTANCE from 10,000 miles away, Miss Not America.  

Trump is "technically impeachable" in the same way that you are "technically lucid".  

Trump is impeachable on several issues.  Of the two Constitution experts on the NPR interview, one was Ethics Director under Bush, and the other had the same job under a Democratic prez.  They're probably the best-versed duo on the planet on the topic.  One of them formally filed a suit against FBI's Comey.   One interesting tidbit in the interview:  Any American who feels he/she has lost employment due to a Trump business, can legally sue the president.   Another tidbit:  It's known that Trump has his name in big gold letters on large buildings in many cities around the world.   What a choice target that would make for anyone wanting to hurt his business or piss him off (which is very easy, because he's so thin-skinned).   

I'll post the link again, because it's a harbinger of serious shit that's going to hit Trump's fans (pun intended). 

listen to January 19th program.  Note: it's 44 minutes, so probably faaaaaar too long for Trump fans with the attention span of a sparrow.

On 1/22/2017 at 7:43 AM, WaywardWind said:

Once again, your facts are incorrect - Trump did not win "...by a considerable margin." He lost the popular vote by 3 million votes.

Clinton      65,844,954 48.32%
Trump      62,979,879 46.22%
Johnson        4,360,873 3.20%
Stein        1,357,013 1.00%
McMullin          747,993 0.55%
Write-ins          545,048 0.40%
Other          437,963 0.32%
Total    136,273,723 100%

Source: http://www.statisticbrain.com/voting-statistics/

The only reasons that Trump is president is because of  (A) an archaic voting system which was originally enshrined in the Constitution at the insistence of rural states with smaller populations who feared that slavery would be abolished and (B) massive efforts by states to disenfranchise black, Latino, and other voters who traditionally voted for Democratic candidates.

He enters the White House with the lowest approval rating in history: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/trump-enters-office-historically-low-rating-n708071

An archaic voting system ? A big YES to that ! A much better system would be to allow only productive workers (and retired ex workers) the privilege of the vote, as the terrible flaw that flies high in "democracy" is that all the moochers and scrounging parasites are going to vote for whoever promises them the most for doing absolutely nothing !!

Just now, phantomfiddler said:

An archaic voting system ? A big YES to that ! A much better system would be to allow only productive workers (and retired ex workers) the privilege of the vote, as the terrible flaw that flies high in "democracy" is that all the moochers and scrounging parasites are going to vote for whoever promises them the most for doing absolutely nothing !!

Your post is truly despicable to anyone that values democracy. Instead of that let's do the AUSTRALIAN thing and REQUIRE all citizens to vote!

The republicans continue to work hard to deny voting rights to minorities and poor people. So very "democratic" of them. 

4 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

How 'bout only slave owning men can vote.  Would that make you feel better?

....or land-owning men with net worth of at least a million dollars.  

Edited by boomerangutang

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Your post is truly despicable to anyone that values democracy. Instead of that let's do the AUSTRALIAN thing and REQUIRE all citizens to vote!

The republicans continue to work hard to deny voting rights to minorities and poor people. So very "democratic" of them. 

There you go. ?

16 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Lawsuits are being filed Monday to bar Trump enterprises from taking money from foreign entities.  

nytimes.com/2017/01/22/us/politics/trump-foreign-payments-constitution-lawsuit.htm

Yawn.  Again, good luck with that.  Maybe someone should file a lawsuit to prevent Trump from drinking water too.  It would be about as logical and about as effective.

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Telling it like it is. True dat. 

Australia's system is more transparent (imho) ... but most importantly, all votes are equal.... so every single vote counts. (I Say this with regards to  your explaination about the electrol college issue, that seems to unbalance things, as I read it....????)

but... no system is perfect.... Australia has had it problems as well, but ours has a watchdog with teeth.... 

the PMs own party can even kick him out, with a simple vote of no confidence

shenanigans arent tolerated.

Edited by farcanell

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

How anyone is denying voting rights for poor in America?

No one is. Show me any law, government institution, agency or policy that prohibits poor people to vote. Some facts, because I don't care about your subjective feelings.

Demanding US citizenship to be able to vote? Every country on this planet have such law and heavily enforce it. Including Thailand.

It's funny how leftists portrait America(government, laws, system) as nasty place(racist, homophobic, xenophobic ...), despite there's no be better country to live in, especially for minorities.

Peace

Edited by Matej

19 minutes ago, Matej said:

No one is. Show me any law, government institution, agency or policy that prohibits poor people to vote. Some facts, because I don't care about your subjective feelings.

Demanding US citizenship to be able to vote? Every country on this planet have such law and heavily enforce it. Including Thailand.

It's funny how leftists portrait America(government, laws, system) as nasty place(racist, homophobic, xenophobic ...), despite there's no be better country to live in, especially for minorities.

Peace

Lol.... not worth it.... ???

Edited by farcanell

1 minute ago, Matej said:

We live in Thailand ... that's why I mentioned it.

Fair enough... sorry... three too many bourbons.

but... I think it's a matter of marginalization and disenfranchisement.... in that poor people aren't incentivized to contribute to the greater good.... some see the fact that the poor don't contribute to the greater good, but rather leech of the aforementioned, so therefore lack the right to chart the future of the country . 

Then theres education.... poor are often less educated, and more easily led... often their votes are bought. (Thaksin in issan.... and/or various aussi political parties buying aboriginal votes in the outback)

so... not so much denying, as subverting... 

could be wrong.... happy to be wrong.... especially after my missus just made me watch Alex jones on prison plant.com, positively throttling at the mouth about how great God and trump is.... disturbing it was

40 minutes ago, Matej said:

Peace

There are other countries less racist, less homophobic, and less xenophobic than the USA. For example, in the majority of U.S. states it is legal to fire someone or deny housing just because they're gay. If you don't know about this, that's your problem. Do some bloody research!

On voter suppression, that's a huge issue.

It's off topic to go into it but here's a start:

Voting Rights Is Not a Fringe Issue

The mainstream media, especially on TV, have largely ignored the attempts to rig elections by making it much harder for certain people to vote.

https://www.thenation.com/article/voting-rights-is-not-a-fringe-issue/

The globalists and social Marxists are failing and there is great wailing and gnashing of teeth. They are protesting the very man who is saving their country. Bizarre.

First day in office and he's already already signing an order to withdraw from TPP. Hail to the Chief!

9 hours ago, farcanell said:

Polls suggest his approval rating is improving..... umm... what's up with that?

reminds me of that river in Egypt.

Actually, if you look at the far end of the chart, his approval rating is trending downwards.  About since his election.  Maybe people are finally waking up to the fact they elected the wrong person?

10 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Let's see...under your system the disabled, including disabled veterans, college students, and homemakers would be barred from voting, but those among the 11 million undocumented aliens who hold down jobs would be able to do so.

Yours is one of the dumbest comments I have ever witnessed on TV.

7 hours ago, Matej said:

Peace

This is a joke, right? 

Republican state legislatures have enacted law after law whose sole purpose is to make it extremely hard for poor people to vote; state election officials have closed polling stations in inner-city neighborhoods, leaving thousands of people without access within a reasonable distance, shortened the hours of those which remained, eliminated early voting which was very popular with working class folks so they didn't lose a day's pay when they voted, and struck voters from the rolls if their name happened to be the same as a convicted felon in their state or one of 14 other states which participated in the cross-check program.

These are but a few of the methods by which the states intentionally and maliciously disenfranchise those who the officials believe will vote Democratic. There are many more.

18 hours ago, alocacoc said:

However, the show it's over. It was the last shoot from Soros. He failed badly. The media failed badly. The Elite failed badly. And the Winner IIIIIIIIIS: Donald John Trump.

Now I would advise to the leftists to build self-help groups. And don't believe every sh*t what comes from the mainstream media. Learn to live in a new World.

If you're really interested in knowing the facts rather than following a narrative you agree with, reinforcing your cognitive bias, then I suggest reading the following and following the links.

The numbers for Saturday's Women's March on Washington and sister marches across the country were stunning. Postmarch, lets's review how we got here. The Los Angeles Times profiled the organizers.

Like many, Teresa Shook was stunned by the November 8 presidential election results ( http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-womens-march-live-how-the-women-s-march-came-into-1484865755-htmlstory.html ) :

She decided to do something about it.

The next night, with some help from friends online, the retired attorney and grandmother living in Hawaii created a Facebook event page calling for a march on Washington after Trump’s inauguration. Before she went to bed, she had about 40 responses. When she woke up, she had more than 10,000.
New York fashion designer Bob Bland jumped in to coordinate other similar efforts and ...
... recruited three longtime, New York-based activists to be co-chairs of the national march: Tamika Mallory, a gun control advocate; Carmen Perez, head of the Gathering for Justice, a criminal-justice reform group; and Linda Sarsour, who recently led a successful campaign to close New York City public schools on two Muslim holidays.
Like I wrote, "Why doesn't somebody do something?" are five words have gotten me into all kinds of trouble. Shook too. She did something with her idea. The other women had the organizing chops to make it happen. And happen it did, in a big way. The Los Angeles Times caught up with Teresa Shook on Saturday ( http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-womens-march-live-who-started-the-march-one-1485033621-htmlstory.html )

Did Shook foresee this all culminating in Saturday's march? "I hoped but no," Shook said. "That night I just did it because it made me feel better in the moment. I hoped that people would get on board."

With a D.C. crowd estimated at 500,000 and more than 600 marches around the country, clearly they did.