Can't download/install Yahoo Messenger in English, only Thai

a1falang

I run Windows Pro 8 in English, no menus or anything in Thai. Whenever I try to download Yahoo Messenger, however, all the menus in the chat program appear in Thai when opened. A Thai friend has looked all through the menus and can't find any option to change the language. in Messenger itself. I've tried uninstalling, find a Yahoo Messenger download page that's in English, and downloading from there, but the program menu still appears in Thai once installed and opened.  Any suggestions?

1 minute ago, Forkinhades said:

Nope. Those options are clearly already in English, and the Yahoo Messenger options that appear in my version are in Thai. Furthermore, these options that appear in Thai have have already been read by a Thai speaker, and nothing appears in Thai to be the equivalent of "Change language" or even "Preferences".The version I have downloaded is 0.8.231 and no older versions seem to be available.

It's possible that Yahoo is delivering a language-specific version based on your geo-location.

A few people complaining about something similar in the Yahoo! Help Community forumwith unhelpful suggestions.

Try uninstalling/deleting the app, invoke a VPN (any of the free ones should do, pointed to an English speaking country), download and install again.

Due to that Yahoo Messenger is a freeware software, there is an easy solution to your problem. As there is many torrent sites that also offers freeware version of software, you can go to one of thoose and download a offline installer version or a portable version in english. That should solve your problem.

Edited by Get Real

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Due to that Yahoo Messenger is a freeware software, there is an easy solution to your problem. As there is many torrent sites that also offers freeware version of software, you can go to one of thoose and download a offline installer version or a portable version in english. That should solve your problem.

Offline installer (English) is the way to go.

I would also check both Language and Region settings in your control panel.

I just downloaded the Offline Installer from here:

https://s.yimg.com/jd/desktop/0.8.231/yahoo-messenger-0.8.231-win32.exe

Installed it in a Sandbox and it was in English.

So if you install this one and it comes up again in Thai, then check the recommendation made by @chrisinth

I would also check both Language and Region settings in your control panel.

Edited by MJCM