Android tablet with bad screen - how do you offload photos / music to laptop ?

oldcarguy

I have a Nexus 4 phone and a Asus 7 inch tablet/phone , both have cracked dead screens,

How  do I download the pics / music / phone numbers off them on to my laptop ?

is there a free program to put on my laptop ?

the cracked screens do not take any finger commands so I cannot download an Android app to help do this.....

thanks for your ideas , I am sure I am not the only one with this problem !

Use a regular sized USB to Micro USB cable to go into your pics / music / phone numbers (contacts)  files located in your Nexus 4 and Asus Tablet  and move  them to your laptop, using the copy and paste function

There will be no need for screen commands, since you will in effect be "pulling" the files off of the phone and tablet

No special software should be needed, although you might have to move around in your device's memory to find exactly where the files are located.  If you have had a "file" manager installed that will make it easier to find them but even without a file manager they will be there,  you just have to find them 

Access to the phone contents without a working screen might not be possible.

While you can try Langsuan Man's suggested method of connecting a standard DATA CABLE to your laptop and accessing the phone as if it were a USB Flash Memory Drive device, this emulation mode is not always turned on by default.

There are free applications you can download to easily access and transfer data like pictures and music, such as AirDroid, but they require some interaction to launch and set up.

for ASUS devices you need to install an 'app' called PC Link to connect the device to yer laptop...but you would need an operational screen to install it on yer zenfone and yer tablet...

dumbshit 'apps', this basic file transfer utility should be built in to the OS! simply connect the device to yer laptop and it should appear in the laptop file explorer as a drive. ie, F:, G:, H:, etc like the dumbfones useta do...but nooooo...a million apps and unlimited BS...