British police used a Taser on a black man they thought was a robber. He was their race-relations adviser

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, harrry said:

Quite franky I could not care whether the guy was white black or purple.  He is a person and has rights and these were  abused.

True. The issue isn't his colour. The issue is was he uncooperative and abusive..and did he deserve to be tazered . But as usual the libetards scream' " It's cos he's black"

1 minute ago, Pdaz said:

True. The issue isn't his colour. The issue is was he uncooperative and abusive..and did he deserve to be tazered . But as usual the libetards scream' " It's cos he's black"

He was cooperative. He told them that he was not the person they mistook him for; his neighbour confirmed that . Under the law, he is not required to do any more than that - he cooperated fully.

30 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

The question is WHY would you not want to give your name to the Police ?

If you have done nothing wrong why not make their job easier and cooperate?

If you are uncooperative and evasive that causes suspicion. 

Then the Police are almost bound to question you further.. After all if you were guilty of something and they failed to question you.. They'd be seen a negligent.

All the barrack room lawyer/human rights types always bemoan their lack of freedom are usuallybthe first to complain when there isn't any policing.

No different to the *ankers who object to a UK national ID card. Only criminals fear being identified.

Basically if you are a law obiding citizen the police are on your side and there to help.

If you are abusive, evasive or physically violent... Expect to get tazered,arrested and convicted.

Obviously you are not black and don't understand the harassment these people have had for years.They are sick of it.

5 hours ago, onthesoi said:

He wasn't "resisting arrest" because he wasn't being arrested.

In the UK you don't have to give your name to the cops.

What should I do if I am stopped or/and searched?

It's up to you whether you provide your name and address.

http://content.met.police.uk/Article/Frequently-Asked-Questions/1400009364853/1400009364853

He asked the cops to tell him what he had done wrong, by law the police have to tell you why they are stopping you, the police wouldn't answer him so he opted to walk into his house whereupon he was then assaulted & tazered by the police for no reason.

What is a stop and search?

You may be stopped as the officer may have grounds to suspect that you are carrying:

Drugs, weapons, stolen property or fireworks;
Items that could be used:

• to commit crime.
  • to cause criminal damage.

The grounds the police officer must have should be based on facts, information or intelligence or could be because of the way you are behaving. There are times, however, when police officers can search anyone within a certain area, for example:-

Where there is evidence that serious violence has or may take place. (Section 60 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994).

The police officer should explain this to you and must be searching for items that could be used in connection with violence.

http://content.met.police.uk/Article/Frequently-Asked-Questions/1400009364853/1400009364853

Even his neighbour came out to vouch for him, but the cops weren't listening.

Shockingly bad policing! 

Although, he should think himself lucky he is not in the US as he would probably be dead by now!

Are'nt these power mad cops given any training with tazers at all.

If so, why did she  tazer him, a 70 yr old man who was just wanting to enter his own home. These bullies need to be repremanded and have the tazer taken away from them. They just would not listen to his neighbour and were hellbent on arresting him. If this is how safe it is on the  streets of Bristol, i am glad that i do not live there. Just lucky that the neighbour was there to video it all as the policeman was already lying about the situation.  Just imagine the evidence which would have been presented if it were not for the video.  For gods sake, do not arm the Brit police with this example of self control.

25 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

I've been stopped by cops in China, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Congo Brazaville, Nigeria, Australia and Indonesia at various roadblocks or while walking down the street.. Never had a problem. But guess that was just cos of my big ole white privilege... 

Yes, exactly. Clearly you can't see how privileged white males are across the world

3 hours ago, humqdpf said:

Actually that is not what happened. He was prevented from going into his own property with his dog. He does not have to give his name (in the UK) and he had done nothing wrong. The local plod had assumed that a black man entering a property by the front door must be a burglar (although why a burglar would bring a dog with him on a job beats me!). They then tasered him without checking anything, which is against the law in the UK.

They were not interested in anything he had to say, and she was just itching to use the tazer, just look at her body language. Why did she pull the trigger.

39 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

Another "citizens rights" mouthpiece..

Research the law for what ? 51 yrs old and English by birth. Stopped many a time as a youth or young driver by local cops. Polite, respectful and helpful, never had any issues. Had to produce my docs at the station a few time too.. Still no issues as all in order. Wonder why I wasn't assulted or arrested ?  Must have been because I was white, well spoken and had a good attitude..  There is no smoke without fire.. Cops ( British ones ) just don't tazer or beat people for no reason. 

Only in Bristol apparently.

32 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

Nope. It's cos I was polite. Something that some people just can't understand. 

I've been stopped by cops in China, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Congo Brazaville, Nigeria, Australia and Indonesia at various roadblocks or while walking down the street.. Never had a problem. But guess that was just cos of my big ole white privilege... 

I am white and recall many years ago being grabbed on the streets of Melbourne by two detectives. No explanation, taken downstairs in Russell st police station.  Then they proceeded to try to get me to admit that i had stolen cameras from a van.  One slapped me around a bit before leaving, then the other told me how sorry he was and that he would look after me ( good cop bad cop operation) I just clammed up and they let me go eventually.  No tazers then but they did have guns.

The two police officers forgot to use common sense, which should be called uncommon sense. There was a neighbor vouching for the man and they both refused to listen to him. The whole thing could have been resolved in under a minute. The policewomen seemed hellbent on making the situation worse with her stubborn refusal to look past the end of her nose and listen to what was going on around her. It was a case of severe tunnel vision. Back to training for them both.

Cops. Same the world over. Anyone who does not / can not understand this has not had many dealings with them. They are a Paramilitary organization, and as such abide by the Cardinal Rule - Us against Them. And the them is anyone not a cop, especially of a different Race, Speaking a different Language, wearing different Clothes. FTC

1 hour ago, Pdaz said:

Another "citizens rights" mouthpiece..

Research the law for what ? 51 yrs old and English by birth. Stopped many a time as a youth or young driver by local cops. Polite, respectful and helpful, never had any issues. Had to produce my docs at the station a few time too.. Still no issues as all in order. Wonder why I wasn't assulted or arrested ?  Must have been because I was white, well spoken and had a good attitude..  There is no smoke without fire.. Cops ( British ones ) just don't tazer or beat people for no reason. 

Keep deluding yourself. Sometimes just the spelling of a surname with rookies and hick cops can bring that sort of behaviour on with subjective people that always wanted to have that kind of authority. I never liked what the phallic symbol did for some of the people I worked with. 

2 hours ago, Pdaz said:

The question is WHY would you not want to give your name to the Police ?

If you have done nothing wrong why not make their job easier and cooperate?

If you are uncooperative and evasive that causes suspicion. 

Then the Police are almost bound to question you further.. After all if you were guilty of something and they failed to question you.. They'd be seen a negligent.

All the barrack room lawyer/human rights types always bemoan their lack of freedom are usuallybthe first to complain when there isn't any policing.

No different to the *ankers who object to a UK national ID card. Only criminals fear being identified.

Basically if you are a law obiding citizen the police are on your side and there to help.

If you are abusive, evasive or physically violent... Expect to get tazered,arrested and convicted.

That's not the question at all. The question is why the police did not know he did not have

to give them his name. Why they where obstructing him on his effort to get home. Why

did they tazer him when he did nothing wrong but assert his rights. Why did they not listen

to his neighbour who vouched for him. Why they lied and said the 70 year old grey hair

assaulted them, why was he charged in the first place. These two Muppets need to be

fired. They have no business being police officers anywhere.

2 hours ago, Pdaz said:

Gimme a break..  I forgot, they picked on him cos he was black.. 

Funny, last time I worked in Nigeria I witnessed a black guy sass two black cops at a roadblock.. They pulled him out through the drivers window and gave it to him with a long bamboo baton. Now, was he being beaten cos he was abusive or because he was driving while black ?

Sounds like you are implying that it was OK for the police to beat the guy up for giving them some sass.

You seem to forget he did not have to give the police his name. He did absolutely nothing wrong. It was

the police who kept escalating the situation.

1 hour ago, Morch said:

The dog's reactions (or lack of) were a bit surprising. Keeps it's cool like nothing much going on. Most dogs I had weren't properly trained or anything, but would get stuck in if something like that happened.

I suspect some dogs will get aggressive when they think their 'owner' is being attacked, whereas other dogs would be confused - knowing that its wrong to bite any person.

Thank god the dog didn't bite either of the police as they would also have been tasered, and then possibly euthenised as an 'aggressive dog' :sad:.

4 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

You're simply using the "if you've nothing to hide argument", rather than the "presumption of innocence" argument. All well and good if you're a white man, I suppose, but the phrase "driving while black" is used time and again to exemplify the "guilty until proven innocent" attitude of many police towards non-white people. Only a white heterosexual male could possibly use the phrase " the police are on your side and there to help " while keeping a straight face

First time I've heard that phrase during my 72 years on this earth.

Regarding giving your name to the police, why anyone would choose not to I can't imagine. Especially someone in his position. I'm sure only those with a chip on their shoulder wouldn't, regardless of race. Good one for the lefties to get orgasmic about though.

11 hours ago, Pdaz said:

Reports mention that he refused to give the cops his name when asked. Became abusive and then resisted arrest. So he got tazered. Big deal.  Police doing their job. Idiot with bad attitude got what he deserved. Had he answered their questions politely and informed them off his position as a relations officer I doubt he would have be tazered. 

Sure and you have been there and witnessed it all right? Who's the real idiot here? 

The police officers proved that they knew little about the law - and why the the area needs a race relations adviser......  Based on this 'encounter', likely a 'general population/police' adviser too.

How stupid were the police officers involved to ignore the neighbour telling them that he was recording the entire incident - and continue anyway not only harassing the man, but tasering him??

Edited by dick dasterdly

5 hours ago, pegman said:

I would think it was part of his job to monitor situations such as this.

Spot  on  ,  this  is  a  work experience  event ,  should look good on his CV.

Edited by elliss

I think all should be handcuffed as standard (unless they have an obvious health or disability issue), whether they are innocent or not. It protects both the Police, and the victim/suspect from any misunderstanding, and controls the situation. Also, the Police should have the right to check that when a person is questioned, that they must identify themselves at all times, if they don't then they must be checked out. If they don't co-operate, then they should be detained for further questioning. There are millions of illegal immigrants in the UK unaccounted, it's the only way to solve the problem. UK has become a soft target, and surely this issue must be properly addressed.

Disgraceful behavior by bobbies. Should change their name to be the two boobies?

I hope that this man betters the relationship between the police and the population and helps to relieve these two imbeciles of their jobs as bobbies.

Thank you to the man who did the recording, hand it in as evidence, A f t e r you have made 6 separate copies.. however good that that it is on You Tube already.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

The police officers proved that they knew little about the law - and why the the area needs a race relations adviser......  Based on this 'encounter', likely a 'general population/police' adviser too.

How stupid were the police officers involved to ignore the neighbour telling them that he was recording the entire incident - and continue anyway not only harassing the man, but tasering him??

He may have been an accomplice. Maybe if he had approached them in a more civil manner they might have taken heed. However as he chose to be confrontational they ignored him.

All you libertards waving your "legal rights" and protesting have no idea how to diffuse a situation. Only protest. Come on how many of you voted for Jeremy Corbyn ? Come on own up.... :coffee1:

Edited by Pdaz

Confrontational vs compliance,  5 minutes of sucking it in and on your way... but he chooses to stand his ground and face the reality of his decision.  Somehow he will feel justified and all will move on.

Sad just another day.

Edited by Rhys

16 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

He may have been an accomplice. Maybe if he had approached them in a more civil manner they might have taken heed. However as he chose to be confrontational they ignored him.

All you libertards waving your "legal rights" and protesting have no idea how to diffuse a situation. Only protest. Come on how many of you voted for Jeremy Corbyn ? Come on own up.... :coffee1:

"He may have been an accomplice"???

They approached him - he didn't approach them.

"All you libertards waving your "legal rights" and protesting have no idea how to diffuse a situation."

If there's one thing obvious from this video, its that the police officers were wrong and saying "calm down" over and over again doesn't diffuse the situation....

The police officers 'screwed up' - but this time more obviously than usual as the guy they tasered was their race relations adviser :lol:.

Edited by dick dasterdly