White House press secretary blasts media over Trump inauguration crowd

webfact

White House press secretary blasts media over Trump inauguration crowd

606x341_355648.jpg

WASHINGTON: -- The row over how many people actually attended Donald Trump’s inauguration has escalated after new White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer rounded on journalists, accusing them of fake reporting.

The latest broadside came after his boss also accused the media of dishonesty.

It follows the publication of photos appearing to show a marked difference in crowd numbers between the inauguration of Barack Obama and president Trump’s swearing in on Friday.

Dismissing the images, Spicer refused to take any questions from journalists during his first formal press briefing.

“This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration period, both in person and around the globe….. These attempts to lessen the enthusiasm of the inauguration are shameful and wrong,” Spicer said.

On Saturday, more than 500,000 people marched in Washington DC to highlight women’s rights, which many fear are under threat from the new administration.

Millions also demonstrated in other US cities, and around the world, in so called ‘‘sister marches’‘.

Some 400,000 hit the streets of New York.

In response, Donald Trump took to twitter.

Highlighting the fact that there had been a recent election he said ‘‘Why didn’t these people vote.’‘

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2017-01-23

“When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.' 'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.' 'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master — that's all.” 

Lewis Carroll

Alternative Facts... I've heard everything now!

By the way, did you guys all know that Oz-trailya won more gold medals then the US at the last Olympics? No? Well it's true! It's an Alternative FACT!

All you TV Trump apologists... this is why the new administration is copping so much flak. This is why a lot of folks paint this administration as being illegitimate. And by the way,  if you as Trump apologists let this BS fly, then you are be definition accepting this BS. 

Please, the (already) great country of the US and the leader of the free world deserves better then this.

Edited by NumbNut

That was so good and after Spicer just left after 6 minutes without taking a question, it showed the reporters holding their hands up quite bemused. I say keep them waiting at least an hour, tell them what you're going to tell them, leave immediately finished and carry on tweeting to the nation. Who want to read the lies and garbage of Washington Post, NY Times and the ultra bias CNN, I can get that sort of crap from comic books.

5 minutes ago, uptheos said:

That was so good and after Spicer just left after 6 minutes without taking a question, it showed the reporters holding their hands up quite bemused. I say keep them waiting at least an hour, tell them what you're going to tell them, leave immediately finished and carry on tweeting to the nation. Who want to read the lies and garbage of Washington Post, NY Times and the ultra bias CNN, I can get that sort of crap from comic books.

You'd rather read the lies from Sean Spicer? ANd unlike the so called "lies" from these media sites, the lies from Sean Spicer are easily disprovable falsehoods. Blatant falsehoods.

Edited by ilostmypassword

2 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

You'd rather read the lies from Sean Spicer? ANd unlike the so called "lies" from these media sites, the lies from Sean Spicer are easily disprovable falsehoods. Blatant falsehoods.

Did you watch it, wasn't it good and a funny ending as well. Hope there's more of the same don't you?

18 minutes ago, uptheos said:

So was it genuinely the largest crowd ever in attendance at an inauguration?

1 hour ago, uptheos said:

Leonhard Cohen would be so proud of you!

This "press- announcement" was the saddest thing, I have ever seen!

"It was the biggest crowd ever! Tremendous! Period!"

How desperate for attention are these clowns!

I just checked in my pants!

I have a 5 pound d@#$ down there!

Alternative fact- no lie!

Suck on that!

:coffee1:

4 minutes ago, Opl said:

There were a lot of empty seats in the stands along Trump's parade route

C2pZq5ZWIAMur1A.jpg  C2pUXNaXUAAGfz9.jpg

As Trump boasted, "The most least people ever. The greatest, most fantastic lack of attendance in American history. You're not gonna believe how many people didn't show up."

~ Colbert

Trump has the 100% quality of a narcissist --->

"too much interest in and admiration for your own physical appearance and/or your own abilities"

Why?

The number of the people in the inauguration crowd is more important for him than the more important subjects.

I would like to use his (dumb) style of speech:  he is a  1.000% narcissist.

Edited by puck2

image-1096933-galleryV9-vtpd-1096933.jpg

7 hours ago, uptheos said:

Growing up in alternative facts, adoring the ultimate  liar of US History you can ask for a job

" You came by the tens of millions" ( Trump)

The biggest lies turn into facts when shamelessly repeated

Trump's method  is exactly the one used by tobacco lobbyists and petroleum lobbyists:  deny,  invent false facts to create screens of smoke, throw as many aberrant affirmations as possible in order to drown out any opposition.

Trump is in the right line of law firms advising Phillip Morris and Exxon ... this strategy usually aims to conceal very embarrassing things ( the enormous anti-Trump démonstrations  - More than 2 million people marched in the United States against Trump's misogyny and vision of America  - not to mention the processions in 70 countries around the world.)

Edited by Opl